Congrats to the Cardinals

kearly

Reaction score
For the record, that firesale blitz on the final play of regulation against a QB like Rodgers is D.U.M.B. dumb. I said it was dumb at the snap and wasn't at all surprised by the result. But in a way, I think AZ fans have to almost be happy it happened, as the Cards still won the game anyway and the way everything played out gave you guys not only a playoff win, but a playoff win in what is at least arguably the most amazing playoff game ever played.

Personally, I was rooting for AZ and loved how it ended, with Fitzgerald getting to be the hero at the end.

Has to be a great win for you guys. I hope the Seahawks get to join your team in a week to ensure the 4th straight year of an NFC West team in the SB.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I think Arizona is the better team but I was also rooting for them because I would rather play there than take a chance on the weather in Green Bay. The defense that Arizona ran the last drive was horrific. The 1st completion the guy was wide open and on the hail mary there were more Packer's in the area than Cardinal defenders. Bruce Arians coached a horrible game. The pass on there last possession in regulation was idiotic. The incompletion was the only thing that gave the Packers a shot to do what they did. As I said I wanted Arizona to win but after that coaching I found myself in Green Bay's corner.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
peppersjap":g8dax5oz said:
I think Arizona is the better team but I was also rooting for them because I would rather play there than take a chance on the weather in Green Bay. The defense that Arizona ran the last drive was horrific. The 1st completion the guy was wide open and on the hail mary there were more Packer's in the area than Cardinal defenders. Bruce Arians coached a horrible game. The pass on there last possession in regulation was idiotic. The incompletion was the only thing that gave the Packers a shot to do what they did. As I said I wanted Arizona to win but after that coaching I found myself in Green Bay's corner.
Pretty much spot on. Glad for Fitz but Carson Palmer isn't big time like Rodgers and Arians was an idiot. That game should have been done with 3:34 to go. So no it was no where near the greatest playoff game ever. In fact Arizona should have lost and will lose next week regardless of whether Carolina or Seattle plays them. They aren't capable of winning against a team that doesn't have all their players injured and done for the season.

They aren't even smart enough to bat the ball down instead of going for the interception.

From what I saw tonight we've stolen their souls just like we will do to the Panthers tomorrow and are in their heads even worse than Carolina.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3i1fsz42 said:
peppersjap":3i1fsz42 said:
Pretty much spot on. Glad for Fitz but Carson Palmer isn't big time like Rodgers and Arians was an idiot. That game should have been done with 3:34 to go. So no it was no where near the greatest playoff game ever. In fact Arizona should have lost and will lose next week regardless of whether Carolina or Seattle plays them. They aren't capable of winning against a team that doesn't have all their players injured and done for the season.

They aren't even smart enough to bat the ball down instead of going for the interception.

From what I saw tonight we've stolen their souls just like we will do to the Panthers tomorrow and are in their heads even worse than Carolina.

You're really my favorite poster here.

Rob12

Reaction score
Yes, congrats to the Cardinals. They have had a great season and continued that tonight. They almost let GB steal one, but in crunch time, and when it mattered most, they answered the bell. I actually thought it was awesome that Fitz (probably my favorite non-Hawk player next to JJ Watt) sealed the deal with an absolute dominant, "We're not losing this damn game" performance in OT. He just wasn't going to be denied. And the fact that, if I remember correctly, he offered to pay KJ Wright's fine just makes the man awesome. He's a great, first ballot HoF player, and is probably a better person. That's saying quite a bit.

Carson looked human. He's a damn good QB, but he does get rattled, and he will make mistakes. He did enough tonight. That play where he eluded the rush in OT and channeled a little Russ was beautiful, and Fitz did the rest. Just a great, clutch play.

The Cardinals run game is in trouble. Their defense isn't anything special.

I think a match up with us is something they probably don't want. Maybe I'm too confident, but I think if they're being completely honest, they would probably rather go on the road in Carolina than have the Seahawks win tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe when you have had such a great season, you don't care who you play. But I just have to think that the idea of playing a (hopefully) completely healthy Seahawks team in the NFCCG isn't the most enticing match up for them. Especially with how they looked tonight. Again - they won, and that's great. But GB was completely depleted, with three healthy wide receivers who haven't made their mark in the NFL (until tonight, perhaps), a bad run game, and a terrible offensive line. And they needed OT to seal the deal, and let Rodgers almost steal one on another improbable bomb. You just can't let teams in like that, because in the playoffs, it's going to catch up with you. And if they get us, you better believe that we're traveling well, and will be there in full force (hopefully they don't limit ticket sales to WA residents, but I don't blame them if they do).

Impressed with their season, not impressed or intimidated by the talent of their team right now. They look like a very beatable team.

We have to win tomorrow. And we will.

Rob12

Reaction score
Another thing that I thought was laughable - why is Aaron Rodgers crying about the coin toss gaffe? Wouldn't GB have lost both tosses anyway? Not sure I get it. GB was simply destined to lose that game, and Rodgers really needs to quit crying about it.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I just want to point out if you exclude the suckfest at QB last year, Fitz has 7 career playoff games 881 yds and 10 TD. Talk about a big game performer.

drrew

Reaction score
Rob12":1r4iesk9 said:
Another thing that I thought was laughable - why is Aaron Rodgers crying about the coin toss gaffe? Wouldn't GB have lost both tosses anyway? Not sure I get it. GB was simply destined to lose that game, and Rodgers really needs to quit crying about it.

If you read the details, I actually think he has a point. Rodgers apparently first chose tails because he saw the ref was flipping the coin with heads up and he always picks the opposite. On the re-flip, the ref decided to flip it tails up, but did not allow Green Bay to call a choice. They were stuck with what they picked on the first ill fated flip. Not a huge deal, but another weird NFL referee screw up.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
drrew":1hnpdsfh said:
Rob12":1hnpdsfh said:

If you read the details, I actually think he has a point. Rodgers apparently first chose tails because he saw the ref was flipping the coin with heads up and he always picks the opposite. On the re-flip, the ref decided to flip it tails up, but did not allow Green Bay to call a choice. They were stuck with what they picked on the first ill fated flip. Not a huge deal, but another weird NFL referee screw up.
If that is what went down, warrants some crying. Refs screwed up...again. shoukd have allowed another call. Not as bad as the PI and holding calls missed.

Congrats the the Cards. Happy because of Fitz, my favorite non-hawk. He is such a class act.

Go Hawks

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Congrats Cards... You get the booby prize. You get to play the best team in the NFC next week

Hope Ringless is ok. Haven't heard from him in a while

-bsd

NINEster

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1d0gubrc said:
peppersjap":1d0gubrc said:

You better hope the Cardinals lose to the Panthers. :mrgreen:

I'm sure you'll be ready to call it a 50-0 blowout after today's game, but me thinks you should wait it out a bit before predicting. :thirishdrinkers:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":2ol0acly said:
For the record, that firesale blitz on the final play of regulation against a QB like Rodgers is D.U.M.B. dumb. I said it was dumb at the snap and wasn't at all surprised by the result. But in a way, I think AZ fans have to almost be happy it happened, as the Cards still won the game anyway and the way everything played out gave you guys not only a playoff win, but a playoff win in what is at least arguably the most amazing playoff game ever played.

Personally, I was rooting for AZ and loved how it ended, with Fitzgerald getting to be the hero at the end.

Has to be a great win for you guys. I hope the Seahawks get to join your team in a week to ensure the 4th straight year of an NFC West team in the SB.

Well, you said you were from AZ, so it makes sense that you would be rooting for them.

rideaducati

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":1hn2y878 said:
I just want to point out if you exclude the suckfest at QB last year, Fitz has 7 career playoff games 881 yds and 10 TD. Talk about a big game performer.

He sure bailed Carson out of that awful game. If Carson plays like that again the cards have no shot.