Pretty incredible Tom Brady stat

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Based on his career stats he has a better chance of making the conference championship (70% of his seasons) then he does if completing a pass (64% completion percentage).

Spy gate. Deflate gate. Doesn't matter. The best of all time, IMO.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Although I agree he is ONE of the best all time, I think this particular stat speaks more to the weak AFC and division he has played in for a majority of his career. Much easier to make the conf championship when you're the 1-2 seed, and only have to win one home playoff game to get there.

rideaducati

Reaction score
With all those Super Bowl victories, he has only won ONE road game total to get them.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1us70zvd said:
rideaducati":1us70zvd said:
With all those Super Bowl victories, he has only won ONE road game total to get them.
This.

Well that's because he takes care of business in the regular season. If the seahawks had done that this year we'd be back in the conference championship as well.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1jto1x9m said:
Tech Worlds":1jto1x9m said:
rideaducati":1jto1x9m said:
This.

Well that's because he takes care of business in the regular season. If the seahawks had done that this year we'd be back in the conference championship as well.
Plus he's been pretty fortunate to play in the division he has played in.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3imayija said:
JSeahawks":3imayija said:
Tech Worlds":3imayija said:
rideaducati":3imayija said:
This.

Plus he's been pretty fortunate to play in the division he has played in.

He's been VERY fortunate to play in that trash division all his career.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Brady has been lucky,weak AFC,weak division and the cheating whether he knew or not.He's real good don't get me wrong but put him in the NFC say Dallas..HA HA HA

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He is good...he does play in a trash division his entire career...he does not seem to make mistakes like Papa John...oh and he is a cheater...yep I don't like him...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I agree, when all is said and done, he will go down as the greatest to ever play the game.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Claim weak division or what ever, you are fooling yourself.

9 of the last 15 SB's won by the AFC.

NE lost 2 of those to the Giants by total of 7 points in those 2 games.

He makes the Pats and is absolutely one of the best all-time players at any position.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
DTexHawk":51uuktcw said:
He makes the Pats and is absolutely one of the best all-time players at any position.
He's definitely one of the greats, but making the Pats might be stretching it. Go look up what the Patriots' final regular-season record was the year Brady tore his ACL in the first quarter of week one and they had Cassel all year long.

People shouldn't pretend that he hasn't also had a very talented roster for basically his whole career.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Brady's greatness can be displayed by how he makes average players look great. He turned Wes Welker into arguably the greatest slot receiver ever. Welker leaves, next man up. Edelman was an undrafted QB out of Kent State, and is now one of the best WR's. Brady has made Gronk the most feared receiving option in the NFL. Gronk is great, but he wouldn't be Gronk without Brady.

As much as we love to hate him, he's the all-time great. And I hate to say this, but he probably wins at least 2 more rings before he retires.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
It's too bad they have been cheaters. It would be easy to root for them. They play good ball.

irocdave

Reaction score
Brady is the epitome of an elite QB. Yes, he has played in one of the most historically weak divisions in football (thinking the NFC West was the same during the niners run) his entire career.

Dude makes everyone around him better though, sucks to say that because he is also a pompous ass. But, you cant argue the results. Wish TB could talk to RW and let him know how he does what he does, offensive coordinators come and go in Patsy land yet the game stays the same. QB focused and a running game that seems to do just enough.

RW doesn't have that "IT" yet, hope he gets "IT" eventually. No slam on RW, not very many QB's in NFL history have got "IT". Brady does. That being said I hope washed up, noodle armed Manning wipes the floor with the Pats D this weekend.

ivotuk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2wzirbu9 said:
Tech Worlds":2wzirbu9 said:
rideaducati":2wzirbu9 said:
This.

If Brady played in the NFCW, he wouldn't have such great stats. This is the Premier Division in the NFL.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2xubzhtr said:

So then Kap is better than him, right? RIGHT? (3 road playoff wins...more than Montana and Young combined)

:D

Sorry...I just think thats kinda a meaningless stat.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
As I mentioned above the OTHER QBs in his own division have alot to do with it...heck even just the AFC in general IMO when you get past Brady/Manning/Big Ben

I ran across this article while doing a search
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/footb ... dy-have-be

Some points from the article

1. Pro Bowl QBs- Brady 10, Favre 1(on a bad year, 22TD/22INT), Bledsoe 1

2. Here is the list of QBs...good lord..this list...SMH

Bills: Alex Van Pelt (2001), Bledsoe (2002-04), Kelly Holcomb (2005), J.P. Losman (2006), Trent Edwards (2007-08), Ryan Fitzpatrick (2009-12), E.J. Manuel (2013), Kyle Orton (2014), Taylor (2015).

Jets: Vinny Testaverde (2001), Chad Pennington (2002-04, 2006-07), Brooks Bollinger (2005), Favre (2008), Sanchez (2009-12), Geno Smith (2013-14), Fitzpatrick (2015).

Dolphins: Jay Fiedler (2001-2003), A.J. Feeley (2004), Gus Frerotte (2005), Joey Harrington (2006), Cleo Lemon (2007), Chad Pennington (2008), Chad Henne (2009-10), Matt Moore (2011), Ryan Tannehill (2012-15).

Also there is this
The same 3 QBs have represented the AFC in the super bowl for 12 of the last 13 years. This has been the order:

2003: Brady
2004: Brady
2005: Big Ben
2006: Peyton
2007: Brady
2008: Big Ben
2009: Peyton
2010: Big Ben
2011: Brady
2012: Flacco (the exception)
2013: Peyton
2014: Brady
2015: Peyton/Brady

to me, this is insane. how about you guys?

AFC has def been top heavy compared to the NFC too. Pats Steelers and whatever team Manning is on usually take up 3 slots EVERY single year. Another team from AFC N usually makes it is seems, the winner of the crappy AFC south because they have to be in the playoffs, and then another random wildcard