PFF: 3 of the worst 6 O-Lines in the NFL are in the NFCW

Popeyejones

Reaction score
...and not one of them graded out above average.

Cards @ 17; 9ers @ 27; Rams @ 28; Seahawks @ 30.

I really enjoyed it when the NFCW replaced the NFCE as the "smash mouth" division of the NFL, but it's just really hard to justify that claim with O-line play like this, IMO.

And no, I don't think the Rams historically awesome D-Line is what we can attribute this too.

The whole division needs a talent infusion at the position group.

LINK: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... is-season/

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Might very well be the reason why we are such a strong division. We know where to put the money and that's not on the O-line.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Overseasfan":9qxe2dt6 said:
Might very well be the reason why we are such a strong division. We know where to put the money and that's not on the O-line.

Probably not. :)

Niners were good when they had that O-Line. Now? Not so much.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
If it is not too much to ask....do you happen to have a link? I am just curious about some of the other teams.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't trust PFF's O-line ratings usually, but those rankings feel exactly right to me.

rideaducati

Reaction score
With the entire season included these seem fine, but Seattle's line played much better down the stretch and will only get better.

The niners had a new line too with Iupati leaving and another retirement. They also played better down the stretch.

I would like to see the weekly ratings or a quarter season breakdown.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
The Rams allowed the fewest sacks in the NFL...and at times Gurley had gaping holes to run through.

That doesn't mean our Oline is good....but it's a step in the right direction.

We don't need an infusion of talent because we got that infusion last year. Rob Havenstein played very well for a rook, and we lost both starting Guards for the year..

Rams OL should be very good next year.

At one point Havenstein was the only qualified tackle in the NFL to not allow a sack.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2wya1jd2 said:
When the final results have the Rams All World Defensive players sitting at home to watch the playoffs?