49ers do it again

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
LINK http://walterfootball.com/coachfirehire.php

49ers fail to hire DC Mike Vrabel: LOL Grade
I thought this would be a fun grade to post heading into the weekend. If you haven't heard, Mike Vrabel, an up-and-coming coaching star, who currently happens to be the Texans' linebackers coach, was offered a job as San Francisco's defensive coordinator. And he turned it down.

If that doesn't speak volumes about the 49ers' incompetence and futility, I don't know what does. Another NFL team offered a coach a promotion and better pay, yet he declined. And you know what? It was the absolute correct decision. Vrabel will have better opportunities in the future, and working for a trust-fund moron of an owner, an ego-maniacal general manager who screws everything up, and a head coach who doesn't understand NFL concepts would have been career suicide.

I can't really give this a real grade and have it make much sense, so I think just LOL'ing at the 49ers seems appropriate

getnasty

Reaction score
Walterfootballs grading system is absolutely hilarious

Marvin49

Reaction score
Meh.

Vrabel would have been nice as an up and coming DC, but hardly the end of the world. Gonna be hard to bring in anyone established with Chips system on O.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":39gdscf7 said:
Marvin49":39gdscf7 said:
Gonna be hard to bring in anyone established with such a shit-show front office and ownership going on.

FTFY

If you say so Peaches.

rlkats

Reaction score
For one if I was an experienced D coordinator I would not go to SF. The history if the offense is a D killer. Now im not surprised at the rejection. Rumor has it he is in line for the D coordinator position in Houston. Now what am I surprised about is that an offer was given to someone with NO coordinator experience. Oh well.

Oh and English since you have a hard on for the niners why dont you become a beat writer. You can team up with old Tim K. And write your perfection

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":1kdm6vi8 said:
For one if I was an experienced D coordinator I would not go to SF. The history if the offense is a D killer. Now im not surprised at the rejection. Rumor has it he is in line for the D coordinator position in Houston. Now what am I surprised about is that an offer was given to someone with NO coordinator experience. Oh well.

Oh and English since you have a hard on for the niners why dont you become a beat writer. You can team up with old Tim K. And write your perfection

Agree on all counts. :)

The IDEA of Vrabel was nice, but the guy was going to become a Coordinator after only 6 years of coaching? That had me concerned. Still, word out of Houston is they absolutely loved the guy which seems appearant since they gave him a big raise and supposedly promises to become the DC there down the road.

Bottom line tho? Not all that concerned. No big name coordinator is going to SF with Chip Kelly. Simple fact. It'll be Mangini (who I actually don't hate) or a young guy looking to make a name for himself. I'm fine with that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":xnyrlvun said:
Marvin49":xnyrlvun said:
rlkats":xnyrlvun said:

The IDEA of Vrabel was nice, but the guy was going to become a Coordinator after only 6 years of coaching? That had me concerned. Still, word out of Houston is they absolutely loved the guy which seems appearant since they gave him a big raise and supposedly promises to become the DC there down the road.

Bottom line tho? Not all that concerned. No big name coordinator is going to SF with Chip Kelly. Simple fact. It'll be Mangini (who I actually don't hate) or a young guy looking to make a name for himself. I'm fine with that.

07-minister.jpg

I think somebody needs a new joke.

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1wnk1oyw said:
Marvin49":1wnk1oyw said:
peachesenregalia":1wnk1oyw said:
Marvin49":1wnk1oyw said:

07-minister.jpg

I think somebody needs a new joke.

If the shoe fits, Martin.

If you say so Pouches.

NINEster

Reaction score
Word is coming out that the Texans tried to keep Vrabel from leaving and offered a new contract. Maicco tweeted it.

I know it's popular to want to hate on the Niners in every capacity (I just limit my hatred to the Seahawk players), but in the league when you do this for a living and are not some keyboard jockey fan, job promotions count. Any job is considered.

Look at Tomsula, the guy took the 49er HC because it was offered to him. He would have taken an HC job anywhere in the league, including Jacksonville if it was available at the time. Dumpster fires didn't detract him from taking the HC job.

Tom Coughlin interviewed with the 49ers, FFS. He with all of his accomplishments and age would consider the Niners, but Vrabel wouldn't? LOL, please.

And anyways, who the hell is to say that Vrabel is the hot new DC in the NFL?

Vrabel was in the league not that long ago. I'd see him at DC being a pretty big risk honestly.....what has he shown to be a DC? Was he Belichick's best student?

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
rlkats":2qzp3htv said:

I wouldn't joke too much -- they're probably a couple of candidates away from making Tim the new defensive coordinator.

Maybe Trent Baalke can coach the whole defense and not just the DB's?

The most hilarious thing is -- you had a very good defensive line coach who'd worked with you for nearly a decade. You promote him to Head Coach even though even the most casual observer could see he was out of his depth. You then have to fire him because... he's out of his depth.

Thus, ridding yourselves not only of a loyal club servant and a good D-line coach -- you also lost a guy who would've killed for that DC job (even working next to Chip Kelly's offense).

Classic Niners.

rlkats

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2zeunwh7 said:
rlkats":2zeunwh7 said:

I wouldn't joke too much -- they're probably a couple of candidates away from making Tim the new defensive coordinator.

Maybe Trent Baalke can coach the whole defense and not just the DB's?

The most hilarious thing is -- you had a very good defensive line coach who'd worked with you for nearly a decade. You promote him to Head Coach even though even the most casual observer could see he was out of his depth. You then have to fire him because... he's out of his depth.

Thus, ridding yourselves not only of a loyal club servant and a good D-line coach -- you also lost a guy who would've killed for that DC job (even working next to Chip Kelly's offense).

Classic Niners.

Damn you English why do you have to make sense. I totally agree. Said the same thing from the begining.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Well, not getting Vrabel might not be the end of the world, but the Niners have fired Mangini and their first option declined.

So who do you go get ? There doesn't seem to be a plan in place.

chris98251

Reaction score
Waiting to see if they ask Tomsula to come back as DC, that would be classic 49ers.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":26xhhkay said:
Waiting to see if they ask Tomsula to come back as DC, that would be classic 49ers.
That wouldn't surprise me. It matters oh how the break up went. They still owe him for his HC contract, and if they pay him to be DC on top of that and it was a "friendly breakup" I could see it. Also comes down to egos.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I'm still baffled by how they beat the rams but we stream roll the niners like JV.

We can't lose to los Angeles next year. This is embarrassing.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Chip has hired his coordinators.

OC: Curtis Modkins (Lions RB Coach)

2015 Achievements: 32nd (LAST) in Rush Offense with Lions.

DC: Jim O'Neil (Browns DC)

2015 Achievements: 29th in Points Allowed with Browns, 29th Defense DVOA, 30th Rush Defense, .

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2eupr03t said:

2015 Achievements: 29th in Points Allowed with Browns, 29th Defense DVOA, 30th Rush Defense, .
The "spin" on this should be delicious. 8)

Laloosh

Reaction score
DavidSeven":spyvwaaz said:

Tadah!

bhg-ta-dah.jpg