Las Vegas Raiders???

sutz

Reaction score
Hmmm. Seems doubtful to me. The NFL gets enough heat about its games being 'fixed' and questions about validity. How would that go over with a team in the heartland of gambling in the country?

OP
OP
S

synergize

Reaction score
Gambling is legal in most cities now. Vegas is the most regulated city in the country when it comes to gambling.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
synergize":31sr6bki said:
Gambling is legal in most cities now. Vegas is the most regulated city in the country when it comes to gambling.
It's not gambling in general the NFL says it has a problem with, it's sports gambling. Which is incredibly hypocritical of them when they have partnerships with the DFS gambling services and are constantly touting London, which not only has legalized sports gambling but has sports books in the stadiums. I'd love to see Davis & Adelson try to push this through if only to see the inevitable legal battle that further exposes the avarice of the NFL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I gotta admit, Las Vegas Raiders has a ring to it. Seems like a perfect fit. Decadence, Debauchery and Sin. :)

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Aros":1ky62yeq said:
I gotta admit, Las Vegas Raiders has a ring to it. Seems like a perfect fit. Decadence, Debauchery and Sin. :)
agreed...better ring than San Antonio.

samwize77

Reaction score
Interesting idea when it comes to fan attendance. How many people are in the Vegas area? How many are transplanted from other cities w/ an NFL team where they remain loyal fans? How many visiting teams would have fans in town to gamble and would attend to accent their Vegas trip?
I'm thinking there wouldn't be a big HFA for any team that moves there. But that's just my thinking after just waking up and not even being thru my first cup of coffee. Could very easily be wrong.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
samwize77":25oukyj5 said:
Interesting idea when it comes to fan attendance. How many people are in the Vegas area? How many are transplanted from other cities w/ an NFL team where they remain loyal fans? How many visiting teams would have fans in town to gamble and would attend to accent their Vegas trip?
I'm thinking there wouldn't be a big HFA for any team that moves there. But that's just my thinking after just waking up and not even being thru my first cup of coffee. Could very easily be wrong.
Considering that the Raiders claim to have a tremendous fan base the L.A. area and L.A. to Vegas is a shorter trip than L.A. to Oakland then they could conceivably have a decent HFA.

ronnieboycefanclub

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1ne4s2f1 said:
synergize":1ne4s2f1 said:
It's not gambling in general the NFL says it has a problem with, it's sports gambling. Which is incredibly hypocritical of them when they have partnerships with the DFS gambling services and are constantly touting London, which not only has legalized sports gambling but has sports books in the stadiums. I'd love to see Davis & Adelson try to push this through if only to see the inevitable legal battle that further exposes the avarice of the NFL.

At the London games, all the betting outlets in the stadium are closed.

There is nothing to stop anyone going into a betting shop in Wembley High Street before the game and having a bet on it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Not. Gonna. Happen.

The NFL will NEVER have a team in Las Vegas. Too many things that could go wrong.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Won't happen. Vegas is just being used for leverage.
Personally it would be another excuse to go to Vegas when the Hawks played the raiders. 8)
Plus their homefield advantage would be even worse then the Cowboy's currently have.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":37w98h28 said:
Won't happen. Vegas is just being used for leverage.
Personally it would be another excuse to go to Vegas when the Hawks played the raiders. 8)
Plus their homefield advantage would be even worse then the Cowboy's currently have.

I agree about your thoughts regarding the home field advantage. Half the stadium would be from out of town.