Mike Martz is an Idiot.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Former Rams coach Mike Martz says it is "out-and-out ridiculous" that Terrell Owens is a Hall of Fame finalist over a pair of former Rams wide receivers.

Martz told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that he doesn't understand why Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt haven't been given more consideration for enshrinement in Canton, Ohio, while Owens is a finalist in his first year of eligibility.

"'Surprised' isn't the word," Martz told the newspaper. "You can't print how I felt when T.O. leapfrogged those two. That's just plain out-and-out ridiculous."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ked-hall-fame-finalist-isaac-bruce-torry-holt

While I admit Owens is an asshat and doesn't have a ring, no one in their right mind would say Owens 'leapfrogged' Bruce and Holt. Owens had more catches, yards, and TDs than either of them. In fact, Owens (153) has only 12 fewer Reception TDs than Holt and Bruce combined (165). As for Harrison, he does have a ring, and is 3rd all time in receptions (1,102). Where are Bruce (1,024) and Holt (920)? 9th and 19th, respectively. I might add, Bruce played longer than either Harrison or Owens. Sit down and shut up, Mikey. I never liked this guy.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Still remember him actively rooting for the Rams when he was supposed to be an impartial color guy. A little homerism is fine but that was blatant and really unprofessional in a network broadcast.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Meh. He supports his guys. No big deal. Also, his receivers were the epitome of professionals. TO was a great receiver, but far from professional. Part of the issue is that the Ram's receivers just did their job at a high level.

Here's a question for you. Would you rather take TO or Holt on your team? For me it would be Holt, cause TO is more like a Harvin and Holt more like a Lockett.

ivotuk

Reaction score
lobohawk":2l9cf6uw said:
Meh. He supports his guys. No big deal. Also, his receivers were the epitome of professionals. TO was a great receiver, but far from professional. Part of the issue is that the Ram's receivers just did their job at a high level.

Here's a question for you. Would you rather take TO or Holt on your team? For me it would be Holt, cause TO is more like a Harvin and Holt more like a Lockett.

Pretty much what he said. I don't blame Martz, in fact I would be disappointed in him had he not come out "all in" on his guys.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Wonder what the context was?

Torry Holt was my favorite player for years...but TO absolutely deserves to be in over Holt/Bruce.

Bruce on the other hand.....he should be over Harrison. That might be me partly being a homer, but he has more yards, less receptions, less TDs....but Bruce didn't play with a top 5 all time QB for his entire career.

My two main arguments for Bruce being over Harrison:

1. His 1995 season is one of the best in NFL history for a WR if you consider that he was the only weapon the Rams had, and Chris Miller was throwing him the ball. Rice had his historic year in 1995 too - but he was being thrown the ball by a HOF.

2. How many all time super bowl plays were more dramatic than his game winning 73 yard TD catch?? I'd take it a step further and ask how many long TD plays (40 yards or longer) have occurred in the super bowl with less than 3 minutes to play in a tie game? There's a chance it's the only one, which would make it the biggest play in super bowl history.

I'd guess that Harrison probably only ever caught a meaningful pass from 4 QBs...while Bruce had around 15.

Probably just spinning my wheels here though...they're pretty even overall. I just think Bruce should be in.