Does Cam get fined when he hands the ball to fans?

HawkGA

Reaction score
Cuz that's a rule isn't it? It's a stupid rule, but I hope the league is being consistent and fining him. And then in the off-season I hope they see how stupid that rule is.

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkGA":3ftwd155 said:
Cuz that's a rule isn't it? It's a stupid rule, but I hope the league is being consistent and fining him. And then in the off-season I hope they see how stupid that rule is.

Naw, you just want Cam fined.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Actually I don't. What I want is for them to get rid of the rule.

chris98251

Reaction score
Throwing the ball in the stands gets you fined, I think handing the ball is ok.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
chris98251":2gji4yc8 said:

That's pretty stupid. So if you are poor and don't pay for front row seats, then you don't have a chance at a ball?

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkGA":23aojc1x said:
Actually I don't. What I want is for them to get rid of the rule.

Well your hope for the NFL being even remotely introspective and evaluating their fines based on their utility either makes you delusional or as I speculate, someone who wants Cam fined for doing Cam things.

Erebus

Reaction score
HawkGA":1sgvjeve said:
chris98251":1sgvjeve said:

That's pretty stupid. So if you are poor and don't pay for front row seats, then you don't have a chance at a ball?

Most of the kids crowding the front row probably don't have seats there. They probably go down there hoping for a ball. The rule is in place because they don't want a fan to get injured from a thrown ball. A fan in Texas fell to his death leaning over the railing trying to catch a ball thrown by Josh Hamilton. Different sport, but the same danger applies.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Erebus":1272byxa said:
HawkGA":1272byxa said:
chris98251":1272byxa said:

Most of the kids crowding the front row probably don't have seats there. They probably go down there hoping for a ball. The rule is in place because they don't want a fan to get injured from a thrown ball. A fan in Texas fell to his death leaning over the railing trying to catch a ball thrown by Josh Hamilton. Different sport, but the same danger applies.

Interesting. For some reason I thought it was a delay of game type thing.

mikeak

Reaction score
Last time I saw it it looked like a kid was up there with an usher and was "pre-selected". I figure hey pick kids that come down but point one out before the TD to avoid pushing and shoving.

253hawk

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Panthers put a bunch of damn kids in the front row just so Newton can hand them the ball for PR points. I mean come on, it's in the same spot every time and it's always a different kid. And no one is buying a $100+ field-level ticket for some snot-breather every week.

You can hand the ball to someone, you just can't huck it into the stands...although I don't think Kearse ever got fined for throwing the game-winner in the NFCCG against the Packers.

ivotuk

Reaction score
mrt144":1m8tpyie said:
HawkGA":1m8tpyie said:

Naw, you just want Cam fined.

You know, there is absolutely no value in a remark like this. It's a round about way of saying the OP is being untruthful and taking a dig at him. Please stay on topic, discussing fines, your opinion of them, what could be done about them, and YOUR opinion on Cam getting fined.

The OP should not have to come back to tell anyone that "Yes, I gave my honest opinion." It starts derailing the thread, which is NOT what we are about.

Back to the topic at hand. It is a stupid rule, and I enjoy seeing the joy on kids faces when he hands them the ball. I wish more players would do this.

Where I believe the rule stems from its fans fighting over balls that are thrown in to the crowd. Which is why I believe Cam walks over and hands them the ball. Good for him.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Cam should be fine for smiling too much. I believe it was in the rules book too.
If not, then the NFL should create a rule that QBs shouldn't smile during games, only during Press Conferences.

kidhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":1jybjhph said:
although I don't think Kearse ever got fined for throwing the game-winner in the NFCCG against the Packers.

Kearse was fined about $5.5 k for throwing that ball into the stands.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Wow if football fans are fragile enough to get injured by a thrown football I hope they never go to a baseball game.

Bwarren

Reaction score
What's funny is they only have 12 game balls per game. Maybe we should do this. Keep the pedal down on opponents till we run out of balls.

Basis4day

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3ma3bnrd said:
Wow if football fans are fragile enough to get injured by a thrown football I hope they never go to a baseball game.

It's not the football that's the immediate danger. It's getting trampled by drunk fans trying to get it.

253hawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":33ainw6l said:

ESPN-Stuart-Scott.jpg

TAB420

Reaction score
The NFL doesn't fine Newton for giving footballs away, according to a league spokesman. But all NFL players are fined $5,250 when they throw or punt a ball into the stands because of issues of crowd safety.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I heard on the radio that the Referees are trying to get 200 balls into the game so they can be auctioned off for charity. Think how much a SB played football would go for?

Latest posts