Well, the Panthers can be beaten, are you listening Broncos?

A

Anonymous

According to some, simply paying attention to the Seahawks 2nd-half formula against Carolina could be all the Bronco's D needs to do, right from the get-go.

The Seahawks pushed the Panthers to the limit in the second half, nearly overcame the huge hole, thanks to a little pressure on Newton, great defense against the run, no turnovers, a smart passing attack against the weak spots in Carolina’s secondary, some good blitz beaters and winning special teams play.
http://www.todayspigskin.com/nfc-today/ ... e-seahawks

athanas

Reaction score
If they can get half as much pressure on Cam that they did on Brady they should take this one.
They just need to be careful he doesn't burn them with his feet.

rjdriver

Reaction score
No turnovers. Good special teams. Pressure the QB. Stop the run. Smart passing

Isn't that how you beat every team?

kobebryant

Reaction score
I get it. But I don't think Peyton has it in him to make the chunk plays like Russ did.

HawkGA

Reaction score
He won't need to as much if they aren't down 31 points.

NINEster

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2ehuipwk said:
According to some, simply paying attention to the Seahawks 2nd-half formula against Carolina could be all the Bronco's D needs to do, right from the get-go.

The Seahawks pushed the Panthers to the limit in the second half, nearly overcame the huge hole, thanks to a little pressure on Newton, great defense against the run, no turnovers, a smart passing attack against the weak spots in Carolina’s secondary, some good blitz beaters and winning special teams play.

What does it say about Seattle coaching if everything they did right in the 2nd half was opposite of the first half?

I refuse to entirely put it on amazing Seattle halftime adjustments alone.

Carolina went all out with a great game plan and was physically spent. That 31-0 lead was in part a combination of great game planning and unreal intensity. And you get naturally more complacent with a big lead.

Had it been a nice back and forth like the last several Panther/hawk games have been, no way the Hawks could have shut them out for an entire half.

kobebryant

Reaction score
HawkGA":f4gapt62 said:
He won't need to as much if they aren't down 31 points.

I don't know. I just don't see that Panthers D as one that is going to allow long sustained dink and dunk drives. A D can really, really condense the field against Peyton in his current state.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Well, I've spoken to a handful of people that are convinced that Cam is going to come out on that field scared shitless, and the biggest stage in the world will prove to be his undoing. So confident are these individuals, several thousand dollars of their hard-earned cash has been bet to take advantage of it. Something to do with the susceptibility and propensity of epic failure happening to Cam's particular personality type, and what has been revealed by close observance of him over the last few weeks.

Apparently, to the trained psychological types, a keen eye and ear to Cam Newton's interview answers, along with his mannerisms and such, it has been observed that he may be more nervous and afraid of failure than his bravado and enthusiasm can cover up on your TV screen. So much so, that even his handlers may have trouble calming and focusing him just prior to the game.

Having several doctors, lawyers, and oil barons as clients means I get information in small doses that has proven to be quite helpful in the past. My ER doc buddy says (his mental health doc buddy is saying) bet on the Broncos. My landlord is sipping a brandy in Vegas, as we speak, planning whole-heartedly to wager 5 figures on this game tomorrow.

In my mind, I'm confident the Broncos will have done their homework and will need only be in the right place at the right time to beat the Panthers defensively. They will need at least two big turnover plays resulting in scores to keep things close, but If they don't get them, they lose.

If Cam fools all the psych-types and can get his act together, and his guys step-up to be there for him, we'll all be trying to beat traffic late in the 3rd. All things being equal, Carolina has the favorable matchups, especially if they can get edge rushers out into coverage.

pehawk

Reaction score
NINEster":2pep2awc said:
HoustonHawk82":2pep2awc said:

What does it say about Seattle coaching if everything they did right in the 2nd half was opposite of the first half?

Truth. The rationale behind this topic seems a tad out of touch.

Alexander

Reaction score
pehawk":ua983uuj said:
NINEster":ua983uuj said:
HoustonHawk82":ua983uuj said:

Truth. The rationale behind this topic seems a tad out of touch.

How about they just played better in the second half? This is hardly the first time this team under Pete Carroll has come out looking like shit and then completely turned it around in the second half. Credit to the Panthers, they built up a bigger lead than any of those other teams, and deserved to win by not completely screwing up the second half (i.e., not turning the ball over).

pehawk

Reaction score
Yes, Hawks historically are a 2ND half team because they have the best offensive adjuster in the game, Cable. But....

The Seahawks got their ass kicked, pure and simple. Bad circumstances and bad gameplan created the perfect storm. It happens.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

pehawk":1oty57p0 said:
...The rationale behind this topic seems a tad out of touch.

So, we are back only a few days, and we are already openly questioning the motives behind the topics of other contributors?

:mrgreen:

randomation

Reaction score
Alexander":2mydzd0t said:
How about they just played better in the second half? This is hardly the first time this team under Pete Carroll has come out looking like shit and then completely turned it around in the second half. Credit to the Panthers, they built up a bigger lead than any of those other teams, and deserved to win by not completely screwing up the second half (i.e., not turning the ball over).

They looked immeasurably better after the third offensive series for Carolina. Coincidentally this is when everyone finished switching out cleats. The staff did not do their homework on the field or the players didn't listen to what they found out. Either way it ended up costing us a lot. Even that first huge run was bottled up until Earl slipped.

Latest posts