Who do you WANT to win the Super Bowl?

Which team are you rooting for in the Super Bowl?

• Denver Broncos

Votes: 60 88.2%
  • Carolina Panthers

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters

kearly

Reaction score
Denver or Carolina? Newton or Manning?

This is not about who you think will actually win, but who you want to win.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Carolina!
Manning has had multiple chances. I respect his career, but screw this "Riding off into the sunset on a white donkey" narrative. I like Von, Ware & a few other Donks, but as a team, I could never root for them in the Super Bowl...unless they somehow got to play the punk ass Patriots.
So yeah, I hope Cam dances all over Levi Stadium. Dance so hard, Michael Jackson and Fred Astaire's ghosts fly out of the tunnel and dabs with him.
I Hate the Broncos, and I hate Elway even more.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
By the way, there's I.T. lackeys and mechanics, etc. on this very forum that are more arrogant and dbaggy (I've read your posts/seen ur twitters/FB's) than Newton and they haven't/won't give nor accomplish .5% of what Cam already has in his 5yrs as an entertainer (NFL QB).

Throwdown

Reaction score
I love Cam but I really really want bad things to happen to Greg Olsen including dropping a game winning pass in this super bowl, I hate that guy.

Largent80

Reaction score
Denver. We thrashed them in the SB, and Carolina beat us twice this year.

Manning stinks even worse now however and I don't see them winning.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I m very impassionate about this game. I will be focused more on the coaching than anything else.
I am curious to see which HC flinches first. Rivera and Kubiak are both first timers in this game, and one of them will flinch. I think Kubiak has the opportunity to use his DC as a mainstay, but will he? Or will some adversity make him shrink and Peyton over reach? Rivera has become less conservative as a coach, but his conservative nature arose in the 2nd half of the Seattle game and nearly cost him.

I think the Panthers are going to open with misdierction runs, a few that the Broncos will have not seen on video yet. If Denver comes out in a control what is in front of you mode, without a lot of blitzing, they can weather that. They need to get the game to hang on Newton's arm so they can mobilize their pass rush. I think the Denver DC is the smartest coach in this game, but will Kubiak rely on him enough?
On the other hand, Kubiak. I think it is clear as hell that the spread elements of Mannings game are the biggest threat to the Carolina D, but Kubiak by his nature is a establish the run and play action deep guy. Which is hardly Manning's forte anymore. Kubiak will have to take his own nature out of the gameplan. He should watch how Seattle played the Panthers over and over. eschew the power formations, don't substitute much early in the game, keep it spread, and get the Panthers out of any press cover game with passing that takes only a couple of seconds.

This is the kind of game that may hang on a single big play.

pehawk

Reaction score
I want it for Wade Phillips...It's that simple. One of the greatest and swaggiest coordinators in history.

Erebus

Reaction score
I want the Broncos to win. Since the media is creating a rivalry between Wilson and Newton, and by extension the Seahawks vs Panthers, I want the Panthers to be unable to beat a worse version of a team we crushed in the Super Bowl.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
pehawk":2zjr5ptn said:
I want it for Wade Phillips...It's that simple. One of the greatest and swaggiest coordinators in history.

Agree. Out of the league to possible SB winning defense coordinator in one year.

athanas

Reaction score
pehawk":1ijr8fax said:

There's just something about him that makes you like him. He reminds me of an adult Ralph Wiggum.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
I like it when NFL teams draft players I like and then turn those players into NFL studs, and the Panthers have done that as well as any team has. I've always bought into guys like Cam, Kuechly, and Short. Even a prospect I hated, Benjamin, I knew he would prove me wrong the instant he was drafted by Carolina because they are the kind of team that could salvage him.

I was all for the Panthers until they used re-sodding the field a week later than they should have as a game plan. Now I hope they die a thousand deaths.

I've never hated Elway. He's probably not a great guy IRL, but on the field he was a great player. I respect great players. And so far, he's been a very good GM.

I like Cam. I love Peyton. I'm very much happy that XLVIII doesn't have to be his final SB memory.

I'm rooting for Denver and I think they have a much better chance to win than many believe, despite the fact that Carolina is the better team on paper. Like Scotte says, Carolina's best hope of winning might be an incompetent game plan by Kubiak. The matchups are there for Denver to take advantage of, if they are willing to go out of their comfort zone to do so.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If both teams could lose it would be great. I don't like either teams. Denver's offense isn't bad. They have been overshadowed by a great defense. Much like the Seahawk offense was in 2013. If Demaryius Thomas can get back to being himself, then I can see him giving Norman, Finnegan, and McClain fits. Vernon Davis can get back to catching passes instead of dropping them, then he is a weapon too. Carolina is a solid defense but has shown it can be cracked. The Seahawks put up 24 points in 30 minutes against them. That was an offense that had an OL that couldn't block to save its life. Denver has a better overall defense than the Panthers so the Broncos for the win.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Denver. I would love the post game narrative be about how the Broncs D stymied the Carolina O.
An old school knockout. THAT's what I want.

That, or Beyonce has a major wardrobe malfunction.

I'm tossed up.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Panthers, big time.

I really like Cam, and have never really been fond of Peyton.

Though a Super Bowl for Wade and Ware would make me smile. And Von Miller seems cool as hell.

Rob12

Reaction score
I want Denver to win and it's not close.

I like Cam Newton. I think he had an amazing season. But seeing old man Manning go out on top would be pretty cool. He's done a lot for the game, and I really hope he can pull it off. If Denver's defense is up to the task like I believe they will be, he won't have to do much.

Here's the kicker, though - and this isn't all that nice - but I don't want the Panther fans to experience a SB win. I hadn't ever really encountered a Panther fan here on .NET until this season, and I am glad I was spared for that long. I thought the ones that did show up were disrespectful clowns. I know we have our share too.

I don't hate the Panthers. They actually remind me a lot of the Seahawks. If they win, I won't be mad. But if I had my druthers, they lose to Peyton, and their fans can come back down to earth a little bit.

Erebus

Reaction score
kearly":bg2c60fv said:
I like it when NFL teams draft players I like and then turn those players into NFL studs, and the Panthers have done that as well as any team has. I've always bought into guys like Cam, Kuechly, and Short. Even a prospect I hated, Benjamin, I knew he would prove me wrong the instant he was drafted by Carolina because they are the kind of team that could salvage him.

This is another reason I'm rooting for Denver. The Panthers and Seahawks are very similar teams, which is why the Panthers had a tendency to draft players you liked for the Seahawks. The NFL is a copycat league, and if two recent Super Bowl winners use the same blueprint, it's going to spread around more to other teams. It's going to be more difficult to acquire Seahawky players.