Why I can't respect Cam Newton

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
But he's the MVP? And actually not being Ben Rothliesburger 2005 or Matt Hasselbeck "I want the ball" Despite Russell putting up better numbers. I'm confused now.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3dlznxrt said:
But he's the MVP? And actually not being Ben Rothliesburger 2005 or Matt Hasselbeck "I want the ball" Despite Russell putting up better numbers. I'm confused now.

That's why the MVP award is a joke. Newton is as accurate as Tarvaris Jackson. No way he should have been the NFL MVP. Rode his defense and a soft schedule to the MVP award.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
The way the media hyped him up he was the second coming of Christ. HE IS NOT ELITE. He had great o-line protection all season. He still had only good numbers but not elite. Yes his o-line did him no favors but he did not do much himself to compensate. Russel would have had a mediocre game with that o-line. Plus he would have behaved a bit better.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Don't forget him THROWING THE BALL AWAY on 3rd and 24 in the SuperBowl in a game he needed 2 scores to even have a chance.

Honestly, Denver gave him so many chances. They could have just sucked that Denver defense dry by keeping them on the field constantly. Instead they did little to nothing. Even near the end before the fumble, one TD would have put the Panthers up by 1.

Anyone think Manning could march down the field and even score a FG is that happened?

Cam was given one of the easiest pathways to a SB ever, with a winnable SB in sight and he just did nothing to carry his team to the win.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I havent seen the post game presser, but people on Twitter are talking about it. Guess he's not helping himself at all. :Dunno:

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":207k8188 said:
I havent seen the post game presser, but people on Twitter are talking about it. Guess he's not helping himself at all. :Dunno:

I saw it. He's a douche.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":tx3vqupi said:

So because he didn't dive after a fumble he's suddenly not worthy of the MVP award?

:34853_doh:

Polaris

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1brtxkyq said:
MizzouHawkGal":1brtxkyq said:

So because he didn't dive after a fumble he's suddenly not worthy of the MVP award?

Frankly yes, that is the case. This wasn't just any fumble but a critical fumble on a possession that Carolina desperately needed against a ferocious Denver defense....and time was running down. I agree with the others. You BET that Wilson would have dove in and fought with his entire 5'10" frame to try to get the ball. You know who else would have? Peyton Manning. He's a shadow of what he once was (obviously), but even when Peyton lost the ball, he NEVER did anything other than lay his body out to try to recover and do what needed to be done.

Cam? Not so much and in the biggest game and biggest stage in football, this matters. It matters a lot.

hawker84

Reaction score
He walked off the post game presser stage during questioning, and was pulling a kaepernick while he was up there, his true colors came shining through once again in tough times. He's a mental midget and is in no way deserving of being the face of the NFL by being named MVP..... That's why I don't respect him....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3k11inah said:
MizzouHawkGal":3k11inah said:

Exactly. If you need further explanation I'm totally willing to explain given you aren't in the Wilson camp and it'd entertain me for a day or so.

I know you love Luck. Doesn't it just burn your balls that Wilson can pretty much match Luck number for number and screw him in the ass when it's for real?

baumer64

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1ht9u87a said:
Here's a link to an article that has a video of his presser. He's sitting there with hood up pouting and giving one word answers then gets up and leaves. NOT showing leadership.
http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/ ... _loss.html

baumer64

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3goijm2n said:
twisted_steel2":3goijm2n said:
At this point we all know who Cam is. That play says it all.
Agree completely and I think it follows him his whole career. Absolutely pathetic play.

Agree. I'm thinking even Carolina fans have to be a little confused at the lack of effort on that fumble.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
baumer64":2m1w0s0d said:
twisted_steel2":2m1w0s0d said:
Here's a link to an article that has a video of his presser. He's sitting there with hood up pouting and giving one word answers then gets up and leaves. NOT showing leadership.
http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/ ... _loss.html
Excellent.