Even Though We Demolished Them

seahawksny

Reaction score
Only two years ago......

Still sick to my stomach to see our old rival win

Even seeing the Niners again would be easier to stomach.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd rather they win than the Panthers! The offseason just got a bit better! The Carolina cockiness would have been unbearable.

Riley12

Reaction score
I'm happy for Denver. They learned a big lesson in SB48 and the result of that was on display tonight.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Sorry but your kind need to trade in your 1974 Oldsmobile and replace that shag carpet.

There's virtually zero correlation between this Denver team and the ones from last century. If we moved away from the nfc again, i wouldn't harbor resentment to the niners a quarter century later.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":ssn195rf said:
I'd rather they win than the Panthers! The offseason just got a bit better! The Carolina cockiness would have been unbearable.
This. Enough time has passed for me, also we did own their souls for a couple of years.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2q267c1w said:

This. I am glad the narrative this season did not become how much of a juggernaut the Panthers were.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Optimus25":248yfvwz said:
Sorry but your kind need to trade in your 1974 Oldsmobile and replace that shag carpet.

There's virtually zero correlation between this Denver team and the ones from last century. If we moved away from the nfc again, i wouldn't harbor resentment to the niners a quarter century later.

You're right.... if the Philadelphia Eagles moved to the AFC they would just LOVE the Dallas Cowboys, and the Washington Redskins

Denver was the bully of my childhood.. players change, but the history is there.

As for the niner rivalry?
It was intense but in reality it was very short

olyfan63

Reaction score
Denver the bully? Denver lost several Super Bowls, some very badly, taking into account the Orange Crush years, and SB48.
It's actually a nice story to see them bounce back from the SB48 pasting by Seattle and upset the Panthers, using much of the 2013 Seahawks defensive formula.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
olyfan63":3ni0f360 said:
Denver the bully? Denver lost several Super Bowls, some very badly, taking into account the Orange Crush years, and SB48.
It's actually a nice story to see them bounce back from the SB48 pasting by Seattle and upset the Panthers, using much of the 2013 Seahawks defensive formula.

When denver lost those bowls badly, they beat the Seahawks on the way there. They were a huge rival for many years along with the Raiders. Much longer than the niners or rams have been

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3rpd9zbr said:
hawkfan68":3rpd9zbr said:
This. Enough time has passed for me, also we did own their souls for a couple of years.
Ditto for me. Just say no to the Carolina Panthers.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Im glad- it means we can keep the Panthers from going anywhere soon

DJrmb

Reaction score
While I understand the old Rivalry feelings I think Denver was definitely the lesser of two evils. Plus you've got to be pretty proud that after getting stomped by an elite defense, they went out and completely shifted their identity and focus and doing so won a championship in the mold of trying to do it "The Seahawks Way".

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...

drdiags

Reaction score
Denver, like many of the old AFC West teams didn't think of us as rivals. Al Davis got butt-hurt when the fans broke out the Raiders Buster tee-shirts and Broncos fans were gullible enough to pay the Boz money for a tee-shirt his company created. Other than that, find an old video of Hank Bauer (San Diego Chargers LB turned commentator) who described the Seahawks as a sorry-ass team all in the division kind of blew off.

Knox help turn around the perception of the team but they still were never seen as among the elite in the division or the AFC. I would say they were thought of as the latest rendition of the Browns with a lean toward the Bengals before they became a dominant force in the AFC North lately.

The only reason I would dread having the Broncos win was those cast of characters that showed around XLVIII but they spent their time wandering around in the desert so it was time for someone else (Seahawks and now Panthers fans).

Bengals or Steelers more than likely should have represented the AFC but Manning did enough to allow his defense to bring it home. He is now the latter day Trent Dilfer. Though most likely a HOF edition.

MagHawk

Reaction score
Optimus25":25zpooxp said:
There's virtually zero correlation between this Denver team and the ones from last century.

Except every time we see them win, we also have to see Elway's smiling mug.

He has singled handedly kept me rooting against that franchise.