Frank Clark Tweet

pehawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/696529806582632448[/tweet]

HawkGA

Reaction score
I almost feel bad for him for how that one moment is probably going to come back to haunt him most of his career. But I just can't feel bad for him.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Frank Clark isn't wrong.

Honestly the first thing I thought...

What a p****.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkGA":1rmwqvyr said:
I almost feel bad for him for how that one moment is probably going to come back to haunt him most of his career. But I just can't feel bad for him.
Good because until something big happens he's just a punk. A 6'5" spoiled punk that didn't even put up the numbers of some dude 7 inches shorter with a high school OL.

This whole season has been very bad almost historically bad in my memory. Understand that I have no clue of pre 1984. But this season was ugly and just not entertaining on any level.

2_0_6

Reaction score
He is bigger than 1/2 of those defenders in that scrum. He plays like a 5'5" Qb and not like a 6'5" one.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Please tell me that is Frank Clark speaking on the video.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
That play actually says alot. If that was Russell Wilson he dives headlong into the scrum, trying his darndest to get the fumble. Cam surrendered on that play.

drdiags

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/696535654826520576[/tweet]

NFL Players will make comments on plays they think show weakness. Remember the whirlwind around the comments when Jay Cutler went out against the Packers in the NFCCG? It happens.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
jlwaters1":122uey5q said:
That play actually says alot. If that was Russell Wilson he dives headlong into the scrum, trying his darndest to get the fumble. Cam surrendered on that play.

RW would have gotten the fumble.

randomation

Reaction score
TBH this play alone may ensure the panthers not being back I can't see that D wanting to stay and play for Cam when they can get more money elsewhere with QBs who actually have heart.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawkGA":34w71ijp said:
.....that one moment is probably going to come back to haunt him most of his career........
I posted the same thing in another thread. It'll be brought up plenty for years. And imagine what his teammates are thinking now too.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
jlwaters1":21z0jgcq said:

I've watched the replay of that fumble again and again. And while there is a piece of me that certainly agrees with that sentiment (as I don't care for Cam Newton much either) ... I actually think that the reason Newton backed up was to get out of the way of Ryan Kalil who was already flying in to grab it. If he had up and just dived in, he probably in all likelihood would have gotten clobbered by Kalil. Just a thought.

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2fnt368h said:
jlwaters1":2fnt368h said:

I've watched the replay of that fumble again and again. And while there is a piece of me that certainly agrees with that sentiment (as I don't care for Cam Newton much either) ... I actually think that the reason Newton backed up was to get out of the way of Ryan Kalil who was already flying in to grab it. If he had up and just dived in, he probably in all likelihood would have gotten clobbered by Kalil. Just a thought.

I don't buy it especially considering the ball squirted out of the exact gap in the scrum that Cam would have occupied if he had dove in and fought for the pigskin like a man. There. I said it. It was the number one rule when I played football way back in highschool and I somehow don't think it's any different for the pros. If you see a look pigskin on the field, you GO FOR IT, body be damned.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I've remember many times where Wilson would go after a defender when he gets intercepted. He's gotten hit too as well, the Clay Matthew hits come to mind. I've also seen many footages where Wilson dishes it back out at the guys who has intercepted his passes, like the hit on Chris Borland that knocked him out of the game. Cam could be thinking about his shoulder injury, but Wilson played with a bum shoulder, even in the midst of a divorce, and dealing with the issues in the locker room with Harvin and yet still was able to win Superbowl 48.