Panther Fans Need To Watch XL

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I keep seeing all over social media how "the refs screwed Carolina." Carolina played an aweful game and deserved to lose. The only bad calls I saw were the uncalled sack on manning (which was overturned anyway), and the missed intentional grounding by Cam. So a typical missed call here and there on BOTH sides. Can't believe they honestly think they were jobbed by the refs. Go watch XL you entitled crybabies.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Refs had little impact on the game.

The one bobbled catch could have gone either way in my opinion. But, while a mistake, an understandable one that we see every week.

Panther's were woefully unprepared, drastically outplayed and massively outcoached. Simples.

CPHawk

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":1bxqso9x said:
I keep seeing all over social media how "the refs screwed Carolina." Carolina played an aweful game and deserved to lose. The only bad calls I saw were the uncalled sack on manning (which was overturned anyway), and the missed intentional grounding by Cam. So a typical missed call here and there on BOTH sides. Can't believe they honestly think they were jobbed by the refs. Go watch XL you entitled crybabies.

The Panthers got away with a ton in that game. The refs called just as many bad calls against Denver as they did Carolina, in fact the Broncos should have had 3-4 more sacks if not for the OL getting away with murder. In the end zone I saw 2 OL holding, if even one is called its 2 points for the donkeys.

OahuHawkFan

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":1ghbw03e said:

I don't disagree. The officiating was not close to as bad as XL. However, to be fair, the Seahawks also didn't do themselves many favors in that game. They didn't play near as well as we all expected.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
OahuHawkFan":lrwx4we9 said:
nIdahoSeahawk":lrwx4we9 said:

I don't disagree. The officiating was not close to as bad as XL. However, to be fair, the Seahawks also didn't do themselves many favors in that game. They didn't play near as well as we all expected.

I grow tired of the XL rants as well. Seahawks had plenty of opportunities to win that game and didn't make plays. The refs just exacerbated it by stunting them when they tended to come up with a play.

No such connection with last night's game. The Panthers weren't held back by the refs but by a QB who wilted under the pressure.

Sign37now

Reaction score
Massive amount of holding not called on Carolina's OL. It was ridiculous and their fans have nothing to bitch about. According to the NFL rules and definition of a catch, that was not a catch. He did NOT control it throughout the process. By the time he stopped rolling he had the ball pinned against his hip with his forearm.

Yes, watch XL, that's the perfect example of a screw job.

Largent80

Reaction score
I told my wife at 10-0 the panthers were going to lose as the huge gift leads they got the previous 2 games weren't there and Denvers defense, game over in the 1st quarter.

Laloosh

Reaction score
CPHawk":3a9k6m2y said:
nIdahoSeahawk":3a9k6m2y said:

The Panthers got away with a ton in that game. The refs called just as many bad calls against Denver as they did Carolina, in fact the Broncos should have had 3-4 more sacks if not for the OL getting away with murder. In the end zone I saw 2 OL holding, if even one is called its 2 points for the donkeys.

The holding on their OL was pretty damn bad (in my opinion).

12thbrah

Reaction score
Refs let Cam get sacked 7x. Makes sense Panthers fans :roll:

sutz

Reaction score
12thbrah":149ctge8 said:
Refs let Cam get sacked 7x. Makes sense Panthers fans :roll:
Yeah, and did you see how the refs deflected all those passes that sailed high on him?

;)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Never not funny to watch a game, not really see anything stand out about officiating, and then receive word from the fanbase of the losing team that the officiating is what caused the loss. It's really like clockwork.

253hawk

Reaction score
I thought the incomplete call was fine. Tip hits the ground, causes the ball to move. Cut and dry.

Di5hBdM

They got away with several blatant holds on Ware and Miller who were reaching out to sack Newton deep in the backfield, a couple of intentional grounding calls, a bizarro 'late hit' on Newton's run where he fumbled, the contact on Norwood before he even fielded the punt return, etc. Sounds more like a 15-1 fan base that got too used to winning against a soft schedule, suddenly came crashing back down to earth and is looking for excuses because their MVP got taken out behind the woodshed.

CPHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":2g88fodr said:
I thought the incomplete call was fine. Tip hits the ground, causes the ball to move. Cut and dry.

Di5hBdM

They got away with several blatant holds on Ware and Miller who were reaching out to sack Newton deep in the backfield, a couple of intentional grounding calls, a bizarro 'late hit' on Newton's run where he fumbled, the contact on Norwood before he even fielded the punt return, etc. Sounds more like a 15-1 fan base that got too used to winning against a soft schedule, suddenly came crashing back down to earth and is looking for excuses because their MVP got taken out behind the woodshed.

The way Denver shit them down, even if that's a completed ball, they still would have stopped them.

McGruff

Reaction score
CPHawk":23x955yr said:
253hawk":23x955yr said:

Di5hBdM

The way Denver shit them down, even if that's a completed ball, they still would have stopped them.

Yep, just 3 more down to kill Cam.

lobohawk

Reaction score
253hawk":d97bsbwk said:

Di5hBdM

Disagree. That was a catch. Sure the ball is nudged by the ground while he held it, but it never touched the ground again. Meaning he maintained control regardless of the impact. I think the refs thought it touched the ground again as he rolled over, but one view (they only showed it once), showed how he kept it off the ground.

Course, as has been said, there's a good chance they would still be stuffed. The real impact is that they wouldn't have been backed up in their end with bad down-distance, which lead to the first strip sack. And as much as I like Cotchery, he left doubt by bobbling the catch.

sutz

Reaction score
lobohawk":2sra9qyw said:
253hawk":2sra9qyw said:

Di5hBdM

Disagree. That was a catch. Sure the ball is nudged by the ground while he held it, but it never touched the ground again. Meaning he maintained control regardless of the impact. I think the refs thought it touched the ground again as he rolled over, but one view (they only showed it once), showed how he kept it off the ground.

Course, as has been said, there's a good chance they would still be stuffed. The real impact is that they wouldn't have been backed up in their end with bad down-distance, which lead to the first strip sack. And as much as I like Cotchery, he left doubt by bobbling the catch.
But I have to digress a bit here. The replay rule is that there must be sufficient evidence to overturn. I'm not convinced that is shown in the clip. I do think it could have gone either way, but with the ruling on the field being no catch, I think the ref wanted more proof to overturn his buddy.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought the officiating actually favored Carolina, I can't remember watching a game with more flagrant holds in the middle of the action not getting called.

Carolina has been playing chippy after the whistle all season and it finally hurt them in this game.

Threedee

Reaction score
I remember being impressed when Talib committed that moronic taunting penalty, and Denver managed to force another 3-and-out, anyway.

I have been ignoring the Denver D all season because of our guys, and because our guys were #1 scoring defense, again.