Manning planned product placement in his victory speech?

korboko

Reaction score
Who thinks Peyton Manning was paid to say "Budweiser" in his victory speech. Anheuser-Busch say they didn't but there are reports that he owns some of the company's distributors. He forgot to mention Papa John's.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
korboko":800gobg1 said:
Who thinks Peyton Manning was paid to say "Budweiser" in his victory speech. Anheuser-Busch say they didn't but there are reports that he owns some of the company's distributors. He forgot to mention Papa John's.

Yeah. Obviously and definitely paid.

TBF though, as far as victory speech product placement goes Manning drinking a bud is a little more believable than him going to disneyland.

Threedee

Reaction score
Why the hell would anyone celebrate a victory with Budweiser? I don't even wallow in defeat with that piss. The only way I would pretend to drink it is if I'm getting paid...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Threedee":25i8ugxm said:
Why the hell would anyone celebrate a victory with Budweiser? I don't even wallow in defeat with that piss. The only way I would pretend to drink it is if I'm getting paid...

I'm not a beer drinker, but millions of people drink it and the fact that he is at least a partial owner of a few distributorships of the beer says he probably is one of those millions.

Paid or not, he'll profit from it as it's being reported he owns (at least some of) some distributors. Why not get a little plug for yourself, especially if you can get not only that moment, but also people to talk about it after the fact.

pmedic920

Reaction score
What strange about this for me is, I heard it live, and I'm 99% sure I heard him say " gunna drink a lot of beer" tonight.

Now it comes out that he said Budweiser.

I easily could be wrong but I'm definitely perplexed.

253hawk

Reaction score
korboko":3vh1snd0 said:

He didn't have to mention him, he got a big old sloppy kiss from him right after the clock hit zeroes.

[youtube]pxFcGegjM0o[/youtube]

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Saw somewhere that said he has a stakes in Budweiser as well or something like that, so it's just some self promotion, and yeah, noticed and heard a lot of people talking about how Papa Johns was the first person he went to after the clock hit 0.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3scx2xtu said:
What strange about this for me is, I heard it live, and I'm 99% sure I heard him say " gunna drink a lot of beer" tonight.

Now it comes out that he said Budweiser.

I easily could be wrong but I'm definitely perplexed.

I heard him say live and definitely heard him say budweiser. I didn't know at the time that he owned the distributorships but found that out today after reading it mentioned in some of the stories.

I know it's against NFL rules for players to promote alcohol at pre and post game activities, but with his retirement all but a guarantee, I wonder what (if anything) the NFL will do about it

253hawk

Reaction score
Going after Manning for mentioning Budweiser (official beer of the NFL) would be as dumb as them going after Lynch for wearing his Beast Mode hat during SB week (made by New Era, official hat maker of the NFL).

kidhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":135r9rki said:
Going after Manning for mentioning Budweiser (official beer of the NFL) would be as dumb as them going after Lynch for wearing his Beast Mode hat during SB week (made by New Era, official hat maker of the NFL).

If he retires, I doubt there's anything they can or would do about it anyway, and I think Manning knew that when he said it.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I thought that was awesome, product placement or not. :th2thumbs:

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Pretty corny and slimy if you ask me to have that shameless self promotion.

It doesn't change how I feel about him as whole or tarnish his legacy. Good people can do bad things, and I definitely think this was a bad thing.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":38r8o8hg said:
Had to be getting paid..who actually drinks Budweiser??

According to this they sold 16,800,000 barrels in 2012, so I'd guess there are still a few out there.....likely including Manning

[urltargetblank]http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/12/09/beers-we-no-longer-drink/3915505/[/urltargetblank]

pmedic920

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":dlsazrii said:
[youtube]U9Flv019EPM[/youtube]

He did say Budweiser in this one, I missed it.

This is where I heard him say "beer"

Makes me wonder if he got reprimanded in between.

[youtube]SiWbwLK8rfQ[/youtube]

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":1mfhw4j3 said:
I heard him say live and definitely heard him say budweiser. I didn't know at the time that he owned the distributorships but found that out today after reading it mentioned in some of the stories.

I know it's against NFL rules for players to promote alcohol at pre and post game activities, but with his retirement all but a guarantee, I wonder what (if anything) the NFL will do about it

See my post above.
It appears we are both correct.
:{)

Latest posts