30 for 30: Four Falls of Buffalo

byau

Reaction score
Just watched this on Netflix. Highly recommended!

Looked around on Netflix to see if they had the 30 for 30 on the 85 Bears (wishful thinking) but in looking for that fond this one: Four Falls of Buffalo.

It's 30 for 30 documenting the four SB trips by the Buffalo Bills. REALLY REALLY good.

As time goes on, I'm having more and more respect for this team. Even though they didn't win, making it back for four straight trips. That is really saying something.

Especially interesting how the mentality changed over the course of those four trips. Recommended!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
agreed its a good one! I used ti hate Buffalo back then but not sure why...too bad they didn't win at least one.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
byau":340dirz5 said:
Just watched this on Netflix. Highly recommended!

Looked around on Netflix to see if they had the 30 for 30 on the 85 Bears (wishful thinking) but in looking for that fond this one: Four Falls of Buffalo.

It's 30 for 30 documenting the four SB trips by the Buffalo Bills. REALLY REALLY good.

As time goes on, I'm having more and more respect for this team. Even though they didn't win, making it back for four straight trips. That is really saying something.

Especially interesting how the mentality changed over the course of those four trips. Recommended!

Agreed. For the most part 30 for 30s do an exceptional job even if it's not football related. Quality is somewhat surprising giving ESPN's douchery in recent years.

85 Bears is brand new. Gotta get a DVR

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
Yup I like just about every 30 for 30 I've seen so far, my one critique would be some of them run kind of long

The three recent ones I saw:

Broke: about life after the NFL, why and how money gets squandered

Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs the Knicks (how can you not!)

4 Days Of September (or was it October?): Improbable run by the Red Sox to come back and beat the Yanks. I remember this also because this was when "Fever Pitch" was filmed, one of my favorite romantic comedies with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore

Good stuff, thank you Netflix and ESPN

Rob12

Reaction score
byau":3v9h4ptb said:
Yup I like just about every 30 for 30 I've seen so far, my one critique would be some of them run kind of long

The three recent ones I saw:

Broke: about life after the NFL, why and how money gets squandered

Winning Time: Reggie Miller vs the Knicks (how can you not!)

4 Days Of September (or was it October?): Improbable run by the Red Sox to come back and beat the Yanks. I remember this also because this was when "Fever Pitch" was filmed, one of my favorite romantic comedies with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore

Good stuff, thank you Netflix and ESPN

The Bozworth one is good, as is the one on Bo Jackson. Bo was on another planet as an athlete.

I liked the Iverson one, Broke is really good.

30 for 30 is pretty much gold. I get excited when I see a new one hit Netflix.

And Buffalo had one hell of a run. Four straight SB's is insane. Hard to believe they couldn't have won at least one. I actually got a bit choked up during the Buffalo parade after the loss to the Giants, and the fans were chanting for Norwood. To see how that kick still eats him alive to this day is sad. That was their shot, because in all the other SB's, they simply played better teams and got beat badly. But I really think they were better than the Giants.

Rob12

Reaction score
Ah, but the best 30 for 30, or the one that got the biggest reaction from me was the one on Jim Valvano. That speech from the ESPY's still kills me to this day, and I was like 10 when I heard it for the first time. Talk about an insanely improbable run with that team - and seeing the players relive it years later, and breaking down when talking about their coach.

Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul.

I just got one last thing, I urge all of you, all of you, to enjoy your life, the precious moments you have. To spend each day with some laughter and some thought, to get your emotions going.

Still gives me chills.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One of the greatest non-Seahawk games I have even been to was a Bills playoff game against the Oilers (yes they were not in Tennessee back then).

They were down big at the half, and then the next half started and there was an interception. I think Chris Dishman ran the ball all the way back for a TD. People started filing out.

Somehow Kelly was injured (not sure if before or after that play) but the backup was a guy named Frank Reich and somehow he brought the team back from what I think was 31 points behind to win.

The funny part is that Seattle almost coming back from 31 against Carolina, wouldn't have even been the greatest comeback in the playoffs - considering the Bills had to do it with their 2nd string guy.

I was actually a Chris Dishman fan back then, but was also a huge fan of Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett and Andre Reed. It should also be pointed out that Jim Kelly was tough as hell. They didn't have the rules protecting the QB back then and it was a defensive tactic to "soften up the QB" by putting hits on him after the ball was thrown. I think that tactic just made Jim better.

As you can imagine, even as a non-Buffalo resident - those Buffalo/Dallas SBs broke my heart.

I will have to catch the 30 for 30 on Buffalo. Really a crying shame because those Bills teams were amazing, they just always seemed to fall apart in the SB. I wonder if one was due to a concussion, because I remember Thurman Thomas running around looking for his helmet.

soohawk

Reaction score
the jim valvano one is my favorite

the june 17th 1994 one is very good as well (oj simpson chase/nba finals/stanley cup finals/jack nicklaus final round pga)

BigMeach

Reaction score
Pretty emotional there at the end of this one. When Beebee is talking about winning with the packers and as the clocks ticking down he's thinking of his teammates from the Bills. Feels great but guilty at the same time wishing they could feel it too...

Man I'm so glad we won one. Could you imagine if we had lost against the Bronco's and the same thing happened against the Pats.

3 Super bowls in 10 years and we would have lost all of em.

Heartbreak.

Latest posts