Mario Williams released by the BIlls

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Man, it would be amazing to team him up with Avril and Bennett. It would have to be a cheap deal though, so no way it would happen. But I can dream.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Bills have to eat up about 8 mil in dead money now between the next 2 years right?

If he would come here for a few million id take a shot on him. He allready got his mega contract a few years ago and I imagine would want to play on a team for a superbowl

Basis4day

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":w73rmkgz said:
Bills have to eat up about 8 mil in dead money now between the next 2 years right?

If he would come here for a few million id take a shot on him. He allready got his mega contract a few years ago and I imagine would want to play on a team for a superbowl

They have the eat the cap charge immediately, so 7 million this year. Had he remained on the team his cap number was 19.9 million. So they free up 12.9 million by releasing him.

Hes 31.

pehawk

Reaction score
This will be an interesting FA to watch.

31 is kind of old but not that old for his position. His stats have decreased, but I think that's more scheme than anything.

Is he an after or before draft type acquisition? What range?

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
He had not been released , this is a fake account. Adam Caplan has more than 36 followers

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
pehawk":2wchhemz said:
He will get cut though.

Ya he has to be right?

On overthecap it says the bills are 3 million OVER the cap right now. Cutting him gives them around 10 mil in cap....I dont see how he stays on the team

DJrmb

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1srkdzxa said:
pehawk":1srkdzxa said:
He will get cut though.

Ya he has to be right?

On overthecap it says the bills are 3 million OVER the cap right now. Cutting him gives them around 10 mil in cap....I dont see how he stays on the team

Yeah, it's just a matter of time. Especially with the frustration between him and Rex Ryan. It makes too much sense for Buffalo in more ways than just the cap space.

titan3131

Reaction score
I think its very realistic that he becomes a hawk. on a 1-2 year prove it deal.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":3vwizc7k said:
He had not been released , this is a fake account. Adam Caplan has more than 36 followers

Damn. They got me.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
HawkFan72":33j4e8o4 said:
Man, it would be amazing to team him up with Avril and Bennett. It would have to be a cheap deal though, so no way it would happen. But I can dream.

Exactly my dreams as well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Largent80":pwzi7fqh said:
Here we go again . Time for the every high priced plyer to Seattle thread.
Lol no kidding!We got 20+ million into our QB,there is no money after we resign some of our FA's

Rob12

Reaction score
titan3131":zyt782cx said:
I think its very realistic that he becomes a hawk. on a 1-2 year prove it deal.

Don't really know if one or two year "prove it" deals exist for him considering he turns 32 before the SB next season... But who knows.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2cdwmjes said:

He will. Unfortunately they play in New England.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Largent80":3cxr655w said:
Here we go again . Time for the every high priced plyer to Seattle thread.

It doesn't always work out, but getting Bennet and Avril on relatively cheap deals definitely helped.

The problem for us this year is we didn't make the Super Bowl, and we were AWFUL for a significant chunk of the season.

It's harder to get guys to sign cheap deals for a chance at the SB when you didn't make the SB.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't at least TRY to convince someone to come here