Packers give Letroy Guion 3yrs $11.25mil

kearly

Reaction score
Of all our free agents, Rubin is the one I am most confident will return. He plays a devalued position which makes him the kind of bargain signing Seattle likes. And Pete has raved about Rubin's play.

The only way he's not back is if Seattle thinks they can do better with a different free agent. But with Mebane also hitting FA it seems unlikely that Seattle would find two DTs in FA that they like more than Rubin.

And besides that, you have to figure that if the money is close, Rubin would rather stay on a team like Seattle.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
3.75 a year is a pretty legit number for Rubin imo. If we release Mebane that is. If we take last year's cap hit of the two starting DTs together (8.3) as the benchmark of what we want to spend on our starting DTs this year as well then we'd end up with 4.55 million to sign another FA. That's more than enough, so I'd be all for this deal for Rubin.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Overseasfan":3krir9d2 said:
3.75 a year is a pretty legit number for Rubin imo. If we release Mebane that is. If we take last year's cap hit of the two starting DTs together (8.3) as the benchmark of what we want to spend on our starting DTs this year as well then we'd end up with 4.55 million to sign another FA. That's more than enough, so I'd be all for this deal for Rubin.

While this would seemingly make sense as a bench mark let's not forget we wanted Mebane to take a pay cut and he laughed it off. I have a feeling we don't want to have that kind of money tied up at DT this year if avoidable.