Jared Allen hangs them up, too.

KillerB

Reaction score
It's really nice, once in a while, to be able to look back and say, "Man, I'm glad we didn't land that guy".

ctrcat

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":28i8mojv said:
Boy did we get away with that one.

Overall he didn't set the world on fire, but he actually didn't have a bad divisional round game, even with a broken foot late. The Bears bore the brunt of his cap hit in 2015, but no way should he get $8.5 in 2016. Charles Johnson has hamstrung the team with an absurd contract for awhile as well so a cut or restructure will happen there as well. The DE position will be interesting to watch in the coming weeks and months. Mario Williams, William Hayes, and Quinton Coples are NC natives (although as Gettleman showed with Hakeem Nicks I'm not sure how much that matters) among a slew of options depending on how they want to spend. They will have money finally, but do they invest heavily at DE, spread out the funds through multiple positions (CB, S, et al), or go cheap in the present and invest more in the future than present once again by locking up Short long term a year early? Allen and Johnson will leave a void opposite Ealy and DE is a priority for the Panthers, and quite honestly I expect an upgrade.

pehawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":227t4xln said:
Boy did we get away with that one.

Dude didn't want to be part of a rotation in Seattle. He only cared about stats and $$. More power to him, but definitely changed my opinion of him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He's been done for last 3-4 years,did us a solid by going to the Bears.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3gzy0xsj said:
He's been done for last 3-4 years,did us a solid by going to the Bears.

He had 11 and 12 sacks respectively in 2012 and 13 on pretty mediocre Vikings teams before hitting free agency. I wouldn't say that is "done"..