Something I havent seen discussed... FB spot for next year?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted already, but I was wondering what you guys/gals think the hawks will do to fill the spot?

With Tukuafu a UFA, and Coleman a RFA does anyone think either of them will be back or will they supplement through the draft?

sutz

Reaction score
I suppose we could give Coleman a low tender. Not sure about Tukuafu. If we let him scout the market, will anybody pick him up? I guess with Marsh retiring we could be considered a bit thin at RB. Probably draft one to add to the pile.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I kind of feel like we could probably have Coleman or Tukuafu back at basically whatever we're willing to pay for them, but I sure wouldn't mind an upgrade, if one exists.

Remember back when John L used to lead block for Curt Warner and then on other plays Curt Warner would lead block for John L? That was so badass to me.

chris98251

Reaction score
Coleman facing federal charges, Tukuafu aged vet. Brandon Cottom is now listed as a TE but was a FB in college and here at first could be the guy that slides in and some FA.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
chris98251":2i2oogjw said:
Coleman facing federal charges, Tukuafu aged vet. Brandon Cottom is now listed as a TE but was a FB in college and here at first could be the guy that slides in and some FA.

Goddam, I just googled Coleman and he was ticketed for speeding again this past weekend? Is that for real? That boy needs Jesus.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I would be very disappointed if they brought Coleman back, he was such a great role model for kids and then went out and got stupid and almost killed people with his stupidity and left the scene and lied about being under the influence. I will be very disappointed if he doesn't do jail time because he would if he wasn't an athlete! My least concern going into next year is FB, we are one of the few teams that put any significance on the position anymore.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Any particular reason this is in the NFL forum, seems a valid discussion to me?

I think unless the Coleman situation is super serious i.e. jail time then he will be back. I think they will keep Tukuafu around too and let them fights it out with the incoming batch of UDFAs that will no doubt come in.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
I realize the Hawks an Niners rarely do business but I could see s draft day trade for Bruce Miller to he Seahawks. He's an excellent FB & Kelly just doesn't use one.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'd like Tukuafu back on a cheap 1 year deal. He's not amazing but he gets the job done and can also contribute at DT, something that we're going to need more than ever next year.

drdiags

Reaction score
Yeah, that Bruce Miller idea would be a good move. If the Seahawks still had Tim Ruskell, who wanted to send a message to Darrell Jackson when he traded him to the 9ers it would not be a problem. Chip needs to adjust his thinking on FB usage.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Bob Loblaw":3j7mfy42 said:
I realize the Hawks an Niners rarely do business but I could see s draft day trade for Bruce Miller to he Seahawks. He's an excellent FB & Kelly just doesn't use one.

No need to trade. We can just wait for him to be released like Ballke did with Michael Robinson.

Not sure why but Ballke sure doesn't seem to value his current roster. I bet he regrets letting Delanie Walker leave too.

One of the big differences between Ballke and Schneider is the ability to identify and retain their core players. That secondary has been a non stop spin cycle and with the dcline of the D line and LB corp it is starting to get exposed. Now with the Chipster I suspect it is going to become a glaring weakness.