Kaepernick wants out of Santa Clara, agent requests trade

hawknation2016

Reaction score
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- While new San Francisco 49ers coach Chip Kelly gave the impression Thursday that Colin Kaepernick wants to return to the team, sources told ESPN's Adam Caplan that Kaepernick's agents have requested permission from the team to seek a trade.

NFL Network first reported the trade request.

That would fly in the face of what Kelly, who chose to speak to beat writers in a private setting rather than at the open podium session, said earlier Thursday at the NFL combine.

"He wants to be here," Kelly told reporters. "He's never expressed to me that he didn't want to be here. He expressed to me that he's excited about getting healthy and getting going. And we're excited about him getting healthy and getting going."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14846 ... ources-say

Chipkelly pinocchio

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Kind of a shame.

For selfish reasons, I'd prefer they kept a disgruntled Kap and his massive cap hit on the roster.

This may force Baalke out of his own stupidity.

pehawk

Reaction score
Its weird no one wants to coach or play there.

soohawk

Reaction score
That just a tough situation for all involved. Hilariously funny for us, but a tough situation down there in Santa Clara. I wonder what the hair was that broke the camels back?

Maulbert

Reaction score
soohawk":3d31io90 said:
That just a tough situation for all involved. Hilariously funny for us, but a tough situation down there in Santa Clara. I wonder what the hair was that broke the camels back?

:sarcasm_on: Well, obviously, it's all that negative reporting from Tim Kawakami that's driving people away. :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3icarf1e said:
Kind of a shame.

For selfish reasons, I'd prefer they kept a disgruntled Kap and his massive cap hit on the roster.

This may force Baalke out of his own stupidity.

The odds of Baalke accepting this trade request are probably somewhere between zilch and none. The clashing egos involved here (Kaepernick, Baalke, York, Kelly) are going to be fun to watch.

Buckle up, Whiner fans. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":147ee2bt said:
I don't think kapernicks agents are on the approved list to report such things. It is obviously not true
Excellent point!

Marvin49

Reaction score
You guys crack me up sometimes.

I posted the report on the other Kap thread but you felt the need to open a SEPARATE thread. :lol:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Marvin49":vqa2d3kv said:

I posted the report on the other Kap thread but you felt the need to open a SEPARATE thread. :lol:
agreed...a lot of attention for a back up qb who probably won't be in the league in a couple years. Maybe I will open a Josh Johnson landing spot thread,,,after all they are both on par skill wise.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2016":f2810t9a said:
The odds of Baalke accepting this trade request are probably somewhere between zilch and none. The clashing egos involved here (Kaepernick, Baalke, York, Kelly) are going to be fun to watch.
Yes, yes it will.

kearly

Reaction score
All Kaep accomplishes by doing this is hurt SF's leverage a little in trade talks. They were probably going to trade him anyway at some point. If Gabbert (or a different QB) could be roughly as good as Kaepernick for 1/10th the money, of course they would deal Kaepernick.

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Marvin49":3kaeir9w said:

This ain't the Denial Zone, chowderhead. When a starting QB demands a trade, it actually gets a separate thread here.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
kearly":1wdjmdm8 said:
All Kaep accomplishes by doing this is hurt SF's leverage a little in trade talks.

no, thats not all he does. he gets his revenge, also. remember, he was thrown completely under the bus last year by his own management. they burned the bridge. he gets his revenge by screwing over the 49ers in the draft. now the world knows that the 49ers will be targeting a qb in the first round or 2 of the draft. no way would they go into the next season with a nobody backing up a nobody (gabbert). knowing what a teams intentions are in first round is power

such a trainwreck of a franchise

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I question if Kaep really has trade value and wonder if that is why they are asking for permission to seek a trade.

If you were a GM and knowing that the injury clause in his contract allows him to play possum and potentially hold your franchise hostage, would you trade for him? He has cap hits coming over the next few years as high as 19 mill base. All guaranteed if he can't pass a physical and we just watched him get benched supposedly healthy and then two weeks later claim he has all theses injuries. Never went to the teams doctors, instead chose to do everything on his own.

Essentially if he finds out no team is willing to trade for him all he has to do is say his hand still hurts and he can't throw the football. He could potentially milk that threw the entire length of his contract if he wanted to and there really is nothing the 9er organization could do unless he was willing to take an injury settlement.

As a GM your not just asking yourself if he can reach his talent or if he will be a leader or a locker room cancer. Your also asking if that contract is a risk. Would he even restructure? He already has the 12 mill this year so how much would you need to offer him to walk away from his other contract? Would 20 Mill guaranteed do it? Would you risk 20 mill to see if he can still reach his potential?

If I'm a GM I would want nothing to do with him. Not worth the risk he won't get disgruntled at his next stop and play possum there. Just to much risk and uncertainty. He has the 9ers bent over a barrel right now and for the foreseeable future if he wants to.

If you were a GM and interested in him. What pick and compensation would you give up? Would you take his current contract or try and renegotiate? If your going to renegotiate, what amount do you offer that you think he would except?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":v39uhfhw said:
I question if Kaep really has trade value and wonder if that is why they are asking for permission to seek a trade.

If you were a GM and knowing that the injury clause in his contract allows him to play possum and potentially hold your franchise hostage, would you trade for him? He has cap hits coming over the next few years as high as 19 mill base. All guaranteed if he can't pass a physical and we just watched him get benched supposedly healthy and then two weeks later claim he has all theses injuries. Never went to the teams doctors, instead chose to do everything on his own.

Essentially if he finds out no team is willing to trade for him all he has to do is say his hand still hurts and he can't throw the football. He could potentially milk that threw the entire length of his contract if he wanted to and there really is nothing the 9er organization could do unless he was willing to take an injury settlement.

As a GM your not just asking yourself if he can reach his talent or if he will be a leader or a locker room cancer. Your also asking if that contract is a risk. Would he even restructure? He already has the 12 mill this year so how much would you need to offer him to walk away from his other contract? Would 20 Mill guaranteed do it? Would you risk 20 mill to see if he can still reach his potential?

If I'm a GM I would want nothing to do with him. Not worth the risk he won't get disgruntled at his next stop and play possum there. Just to much risk and uncertainty. He has the 9ers bent over a barrel right now and for the foreseeable future if he wants to.

If you were a GM and interested in him. What pick and compensation would you give up? Would you take his current contract or try and renegotiate? If your going to renegotiate, what amount do you offer that you think he would except?
A few on the webzone think they can land a 3rd for him and I think one guy wanted them to hold out for what Alex Smith fetched them, 2 2nds......... :lol:

OP
OP
H

hawknation2016

Reaction score
The combined cap hit of Bortles and Kaepernick is $21.5 million . . . $3 million more than Russell Wilson. LOL.

Chip Kelly, with a committed Kaepernick, might be somewhat formidable. But now, thanks to all the egos involved, Kaepernick will be half-assing it while collecting a huge pay check. His ego is bruised after the way he was benched last season. Any trust he had with the organization that allowed him to agree to an extension with so little true guarantees is gone. He now wants out of that hellhole. This is everything Kelly hates. But I doubt York and Baalke will let him walk. He will rot there this season as a constant source of distraction and negativity.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2cown3kn said:
Marvin49":2cown3kn said:

This ain't the Denial Zone, chowderhead. When a starting QB demands a trade, it actually gets a separate thread here.

Right...because clearly what Seahawks fans on this site want is more 49ers/Kaepernick threads. :roll:

Moving on.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":yjaiisk1 said:
hawknation2016":yjaiisk1 said:
Marvin49":yjaiisk1 said:

Right...because clearly what Seahawks fans on this site want is more 49ers/Kaepernick threads. :roll:

Moving on.

Actually Kaep is old news it's a bi-line now, were waiting to see how Baalke, York and Kelly shove each others foot in each others mouth now.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":20i2qjmz said:
hawknation2016":20i2qjmz said:
Marvin49":20i2qjmz said:

Moving on.

Marvin the Seahawks thread on the Webzone is currently on page 1043. If you want to review any history in that thread you have to go one page at a time. So if you want to know what is on page 520, you have to click over 500 pages. It is beyond a dumb way to control threads and does more to kill discussions than promote them.

Besides the 9er conversation around here is pretty much dead. Outside of current events which your franchise seems to have a never ending supply of stupidity happening at all times, there really isn't that much Seahawks fans want to talk about 49er related.

Face it the rivalry is dead over here. Outside the occasional giggle at your expense and the ongoing pitty party. There just isn't much interest in your bottom dweller franchise.