Colts let go of Hass

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hope he hangs em' up. The quicker he does that, the quicker he can raise the 12 flag and go into the ring of honor

sutz

Reaction score
Perfect time for a one-day, retire as a Seahawk contract.

Get it done, Pete and John!

Go Hass! Go Hawks!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Devil's advocate here, but what if Hass doesn't want to retire as a Hawk?

Personally I want him too, he played his heart out for us and was a great guy/leader.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
He was alright. Probably the 3rd or 4th best qb to ever play for the Hawks.

If he wants to retire here then good for him.

sutz

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3eruwb8t said:
He was alright. Probably the 3rd or 4th best qb to ever play for the Hawks.

If he wants to retire here then good for him.
Really? :shock:

Hmmm, best playoff QB pre-Wilson. Sure, passing records based largely on passing, QB friendly system, but still.

The guy was a fighter for us.

I'm going at least 3rd best, maybe 2d best. And that's largely on a "gotta luv Mudbone" kind of thing. Matt had comparable numbers in fewer years and far fewer mistakes. 4th? :p

pehawk

Reaction score
I'd put him 3rd. But dude was clutch.

Reaction score
I was a fan of Matt Hasselbeck and hope to see a retirement ceremony / flag raising at the Clink, someday.
BUT...
Matt Spazzlebeck ( :240039: ) drove me nuts :187734: :229031_banghead:

Go Hawks,
BillA

Maulbert

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3vnk8obd said:
Wilson, mudbone, moon, Hass.

I would rate Moon ahead of Hass for a full career, but as a Hawk, Hass was better. Seriously, Moon started 1 and a 1/2 seasons after he was in his 40s and was replaced by Jon Kitna. I'll always like him, but putting him ahead of Hass is foolish.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Maulbert":1l05anzt said:
Tech Worlds":1l05anzt said:

I would rate Moon ahead of Hass for a full career, but as a Hawk, Hass was better. Seriously, Moon started 1 and a 1/2 seasons after he was in his 40s and was replaced by Jon Kitna. I'll always like him, but putting him ahead of Hass is foolish.
Moon went to the probowl as a Hawk.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":rz570kb6 said:
Maulbert":rz570kb6 said:
Tech Worlds":rz570kb6 said:

Haas went to the Super Bowl as a Hawk, and team doesn't make it if he doesn't own the Skins when Alexander got hurt in that Divisional round game.

I'm with Maulbert, as a Hawk, Haas over Moon (and for me Kreig).

Chapow

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":kmpgg58f said:
Maulbert":kmpgg58f said:
Tech Worlds":kmpgg58f said:

Hass went to 3 probowls as a Hawk, was an all pro as a Hawk, led us to 5 straight playoffs as a Hawk, and led us to our first super bowl as a Hawk.

drdiags

Reaction score
To me, Hasselbeck was the best Seahawks QB until Wilson came along.

Moon was a great QB, the Seahawks just didn't have him long enough or in his prime for me to rank him over Matt. Krieg and Zorn were my other 2 favorites. If Dave could have just held it together in the Coliseum, he takes that 83 team to the club's first Superbowl.

He was inconsistent as hell but Krieg could put numbers up on you. Zorn was an amazing, spirited QB and it was tough seeing him have to step aside for Dave Krieg but it was the right move. I also liked Dilfer until he left and it became obvious he was sort of a dork. Kitna ranks above Dilfer looking back at it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1bvtbkkh said:
Tech Worlds":1bvtbkkh said:

No Zorn? Bandwaggoner.
Zorn???You got to be kidding..Wilson,DK and Hass..Zorn is 5th behind Moon

OP
OP
H

homerun1970

Reaction score
Hass would be second to me as far as ranking QBs. If I was to go based on soundbites and personality he's number one. He had an outstanding sense of humor. Moon had some moments but nowhere near what Hass achieved in a Seahawks uniform. RW is without a doubt number one in my mind.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":34ugdfne said:
Maulbert":34ugdfne said:
Tech Worlds":34ugdfne said:

That's a weak argument. As Chapow mentioned, Hass went to 3, and on top of that, singular pro bowl selections don't mean a whole lot, even for QBs. If you believe otherwise, google Mike Boryla. I'll wait.