Alex Mack is a free agent...

HawkEye

Reaction score
I would love to have him in Seattle! :thirishdrinkers:

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I will say that winning is really important to me,'' Mack said.

I guess we will see how important winning really is to him.

kf3339

Reaction score
Me too! but just depends on what his goals are at this point. The most money, or be on a Super Bowl contender. I think we can be reasonably competitive on the money, and definitely a Super Bowl contending program.

We shall see what his stripes are soon enough.

Hawks46

Reaction score
How much cap space do the Patriots have ?

They always seem to get these guys, and I can see them grabbing Mack and Forte and scoring 40 a game.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
We don't have the cash. We have to fill LT, RG, DT, CB2 and will need to renegotiate Bennett and or Kam

hawknation2016

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":oix9k3n5 said:
We don't have the cash. We have to fill LT, RG, DT, CB2 and will need to renegotiate Bennett and or Kam

Bennett and Kam are each signed through the 2017 season. As per the team's policy of not renegotiating contracts with more than one year remaining, neither player should receive new money. Perhaps the team would be willing to move a small number of incentives or guarantees from next season into this season, as they did for Marshawn Lynch, but there should not be a major renegotiation for players with two years remaining on their contracts.

Personally, I would rather pay a stud like Alex Mack or Kelechi Osemele $8-9 million APY than pay inconsistent veterans like Okung or Sweezy. Schneider has said the emphasis is on "continuity," but I don't agree that continuity is the be all, end all, especially when our linemen have performed at a below average level for the last three seasons.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Basis4day":2e99h377 said:
With what money?

He turned down 8 million, think 10 million.

We need a good OL, but we need a serviceable OL, not a premium OL so at 10 million for a center I'd say rules him out.

massari

Reaction score
Who'd you guys rather have, Graham or Mack?

I'd say neither, take that money and put it towards two or three good players.

AgentDib

Reaction score
We're not as tight on money as people seem to think. The cap went up by a lot, Lynch is retiring and Graham's status is a big question mark. We should have something like $28 million to spend and this is a strong draft for DT's. Obviously we want to make sure we are getting good value but we aren't restricted to the dollar store.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
AgentDib":kefirknf said:
We're not as tight on money as people seem to think. The cap went up by a lot, Lynch is retiring and Graham's status is a big question mark. We should have something like $28 million to spend and this is a strong draft for DT's. Obviously we want to make sure we are getting good value but we aren't restricted to the dollar store.

Your right, however we have a boat load of FA and RFA's to consider this year as well.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2mcxze2m said:
TheRealDTM":2mcxze2m said:

Bennett and Kam are each signed through the 2017 season. As per the team's policy of not renegotiating contracts with more than one year remaining, neither player should receive new money. Perhaps the team would be willing to move a small number of incentives or guarantees from next season into this season, as they did for Marshawn Lynch, but there should not be a major renegotiation for players with two years remaining on their contracts.

Personally, I would rather pay a stud like Alex Mack or Kelechi Osemele $8-9 million APY than pay inconsistent veterans like Okung or Sweezy. Schneider has said the emphasis is on "continuity," but I don't agree that continuity is the be all, end all, especially when our linemen have performed at a below average level for the last three seasons.

They are meeting with Bennett right now to discuss a new deal, I'm sure Kam will want a new deal as well or want to be traded http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... t-new-deal

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
AgentDib":3iyxj5fg said:
strong draft for DT's.

McShays latest mock has us taking Nkdemiche I would lose my mind if he dropped to us, I could see PC/JS passing though :(

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Bobblehead":bh20p104 said:
Basis4day":bh20p104 said:
With what money?

He turned down 8 million, think 10 million.

We need a good OL, but we need a serviceable OL, not a premium OL so at 10 million for a center I'd say rules him out.
That 8 mil was from the Browns. Our team aint the Browns.
That said, as mentioned by others on this thread we'll see if the chance to win is more important than the coin. Color me skeptical.

I might consider letting Graham go and paying him that 9 mil, and I have not said that about any other FA. That's how strongly I feel about upgrading the interior o-line.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HawkNuts":36bygt11 said:
Sign him to a one year "prove it" deal.

He's been in the league for 6 years and made 3 Pro Bowls. He's already proved it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":273py0d3 said:

Draft LT, re-sign Sweezy, draft DT depth .. cross your fingers that Simon can stay on the field in 2016.

Problem solved.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2epfsgvk said:
TheRealDTM":2epfsgvk said:

Draft LT, re-sign Sweezy, draft DT depth .. cross your fingers that Simon can stay on the field in 2016.

Problem solved.
Depending on what it would take to resign him, Hawks might be abke to afford Lane in this scenario too. And Shead and Tye Smith are still here.

kearly

Reaction score
"Winning is important to me."

/signs with Jacksonville for $12 million a year