Malik Jackson signs with Jaguars

kearly

Reaction score
He's a great athlete and deserving of a big pay day.

Derek Wolfe was one of my very favorite players in the 2012 draft, but even as a fan of his, I'm a little surprised the Broncos chose Wolfe over Jackson when free agency arrived. Jackson feels like the more uncommon talent, and is better at staying healthy.

Jacksonville had to spend money, this was a good way to start.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Im a bit worried Jackson is going to be this years Byron Maxwell. How will he perform when not backed up by superstars? But, if youre going to gamble I suppose he is one to gamble on.

kearly

Reaction score
6 years $90 million. $42 million guaranteed.

Obviously an overpay, but Jacksonville had money to burn.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BrockESPN/status/707299770474242048[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/707293031871995904[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheGeeScott/status/707307316974989312[/tweet]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Jags putting together a pretty nice nucleus of players. And still have a ton of money to burn.

nanomoz

Reaction score
They could use another 8 upgrades on defense. And they might even have the cap space to accomplish that.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Might be a great player but a ridiculous overpay. He will be making twice as much as Michael Bennett so that doesn't bode well for us. I have a feeling the Irvin contract is going to be something ridiculous too once it is announced!

Vetamur

Reaction score
I agree its a ridiculous contract, but when deciding how ridiculous remember how much the cap just increased and has increased the last couple years.. same number of players so there is going to be inflation. When the cap increases a lot , old deals look horrible quickly.

Now way around not paying Bennett now.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Money is getting out of control in the NFL, to think there's a chance that Bruce might not net us a 3rd round comp pick next year is nuts.

rideaducati

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":191fwo2y said:
Money is getting out of control in the NFL, to think there's a chance that Bruce might not net us a 3rd round comp pick next year is nuts.

Janoris Jenkins just signed for $12 million per season.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Vetamur":1grhfvvf said:
I agree its a ridiculous contract, but when deciding how ridiculous remember how much the cap just increased and has increased the last couple years.. same number of players so there is going to be inflation. When the cap increases a lot , old deals look horrible quickly.

Now way around not paying Bennett now.

Poor Bennett...he was a free agent twice while the cap was flat and he'll be on the downside of his career next time he is a free agent.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'd have thought Bruce almost certainly wont be netting us a 3rd now. Ridiculous. Of course, some of these comp picks could be cancelled out by acquisitions but it's not looking likely.