Dolphins pull transition tag offer on Olivier Vernon

ivotuk

Reaction score
My question, is Vernon really worth the kind of money he's going to get? Or did he benefit from playing on a line with Suh on it?

"Vernon, 25, will immediately vault to the top spot on the board for available free agents on defense. Over his last three seasons, Vernon logged 25.5 sacks and 119 tackles."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ier-vernon

Cyrus12

Reaction score
not sure but I thought Suh pulled his best Haynesworth act last year. Would rather have Vernon.

kearly

Reaction score
So they're going to pay all that money to Wake after all. Interesting.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
That might say something about how they feel about the two players. Or else it comes down to their preference for defensive scheme.

DJrmb

Reaction score
It's a little strange that a guy like this isn't being talked about more right now, or being linked to more teams. There was lots of talk before FA opened up but since it opened it's been quiet and some of his teammates are in rumored deals more than Vernon (Miller and Matthews)

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I don't expect it to happen at all but if everyone that wanted a pass rusher fills that need and his market dips or stalls a bit I wouldn't be surprised if John Schneider at least offers a "Bet on yourself" Bennett/Avril type of deal just to see if Vernon bites...

Again, I don't expect it at all, but I also would not be surprised after that year we somehow got both Avril and Bennett...

Greenhell

Reaction score
PER NFL Network; Vernon to Giants. 5 years.Worth $85M. $52.5M guaranteed.