Bucs sign OG J.R Sweezy

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/707697717384974337[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/707698465938272256[/tweet]

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm okay with it. Maybe Cable will be forced to put together a real offensive line. Instead of one with converted defensive players who can "play multiple positions on the field. In other words, a bunch of scrubs who aren't very good but can do a lot of things in order to pump up Tom's ego.

Yep, not happy with what we've done with our Oline the past 4 years. It's crap and killing our once in a lifetime QB. :177692:

Greenhell

Reaction score
Meh. Could never understand how big that guy was yet got man handled at the LOS.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm good with this, it's past time we get guys that can run block AND pass block.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2cwtg6wc said:
I'm ok with this.

This.

And no this is not spurned-lover syndrome. Been saying we need to use that money elsewhere. I'm holding out hope for Okung.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Im ok with this too.

Sweezy was probably the only free agent who the Seahawks had a potentially better replacement already on roster in Glowinski.

Not saying Glowinski is going to be as dominant as Sweezy was as a run blocker but I think Glo will be more consistent and could already be an upgrade as a pass-blocker.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Greenhell":1c60cscv said:
Meh. Could never understand how big that guy was yet got man handled at the LOS.

This. Dude looked like the Hulk, and was always knocked on his can after a pass rush. I think Glowinski will be better. At least he played Guard in college, in a zbs.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well o-line just got thinner, will be very interesting to see what they do now for o-line help.

kearly

Reaction score
Sweezy's market was too hot, there was no chance of him staying. I wanted Seattle to keep Breno a couple years ago but Sweezy should be much easier to replace.

Chapow

Reaction score
DJrmb":2dg4cj0s said:
I'm good with this, it's past time we get guys that can run block AND pass block.

This is an interesting concept. I am intrigued.

kpak76

Reaction score
I have to see the $$ but a guard signed for 8 mil per year earlier today. Cant remember who it was, but when I heard that I thought keeping Sweezy will be a long shot. Then I hear multiple teams were interested in Sweezy and I knew we weren't getting him back. To hear that 12 teams were interested in his services makes me think Sweezy is a MUCH better guard than a lot are giving him credit for on here. RW himself thought Sweezy was a HoF calibur player. We better hope we get Okung signed because there is no way we are going into the season not protecting our 20 million dollar man. If guards are making 8 mil, Okung is in line for at least 12 mil. It's going to be a tough pill to swallow.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1sv955lg said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/EvanonFG/status/707705629553471488[/tweet]

Looks like it was an error, he deleted the tweet.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Well hope it gets hawks a great comp. The line is going to be interesting, and pre season will give us something to focus on.