Colin Kaepernick wants to play for Cleveland

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
It speaks to how shitty it must be to play in Santa Clara when dude would rather go play for the Browns.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1zdx9b57 said:
It speaks to how shitty it must be to play in Santa Clara when dude would rather go play for the Browns.
Yeah, it does. Am I a bad person for enjoying this? 8)

Fade

Reaction score
iu

Sports Hernia":1xlrrvgc said:
SmokinHawk":1xlrrvgc said:
Yeah, it does. Am I a bad person for enjoying this? 8)

WmHBonney

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":ers6pr9d said:

^^ This. x1000
Cleveland is QB purgatory. How bad must it be in San Fran?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think it says a lot about Kaepernick. Has the option to go play for a winner in Denver, but would rather go where there's no pressure in Cleveland.

Marvin49

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1y6dcn16 said:
I think it says a lot about Kaepernick. Has the option to go play for a winner in Denver, but would rather go where there's no pressure in Cleveland.

Honestly, I think its another case of the media making too much of so little information.

Strangely enough, I don't really have a dog in this fight as either way Kap wouldn't be a 49er, but saying he'd "like to play in CLE" doesn't mean he DOESN'T want to play in Denver.

Bwarren

Reaction score
I honestly think Kap would do anything or go anywhere to get out of Santa Clara.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Yeah, we're in rumor mill purgatory right now. Any little ort of potential info becomes a talking point for the sports talk industry. NFLN ran all day yesterday, every show, under the title of "free agent frenzy" and like nothing happened.

Considering Hue Jackson is in Cleveland now, I could see a QB looking for a fresh start wanting to go to a team trying a fresh start. As opposed to the SB-winning team full of homegrowns and established vets where expectations are going to be way too high for even a good QB.

We'll see.

kearly

Reaction score
Unless I was the next John Elway or Peyton Manning, I wouldn't want to play in Manning's and Elway's shadows in Denver. The Broncos fanbase hold their QBs to insane standards because of olden days glory the same way that Hawk fans do with their OL (I admit to being a part of this myself). And they are even more annoying about it than Seahawks fans are about OL, if you can imagine that.

Cleveland's offense lost some pieces this offseason, but they were an above average offense in 2015 and have since added Hue Jackson as HC.

I think Denver needs Kaep more than Kaep needs Denver. And since it's not really Kaep's decision, that probably means he'll end up in Denver.

soohawk

Reaction score
Denver won't sign RGIII because of the Shannahan Kubiak mentor-student relationship imo unless elway just doesn't care about his coaches imput (and his former coaches imput), therefore in light of that I could see Kaepernick ending up in Denver against the qb's wishes.

We are blessed to have Russell :)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't think it's Cleveland as much as its Hue Jackson. Hue Jackson has longed for Kaepernick since he entered the draft. And honestly? This is a perfect place for Kaepernick to rehabilitate his career.

Think about it.. you go to a place where the coach loves you.. where he wants to remold you into a good QB. Hue Jackson is one of the most creative offensive minds in the game right now, and if anyone can turn Kaep's career around its him.

Not to mention, Cleveland is somehow beneath rock bottom if that's even possible. There are NO expectations to win there. There are NO expectations to even be a good player there. Conversely if you go to Denver, you're playing on a Super Bowl winning team for a GM that was one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.. AND you're filling the shoes of another guy who was one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. You go to the Jets and you're dealing with the New York media. You're constantly looked at in comparison to the Patriots.

Neither situation is very endearing to a guy that is narrowingly close to running out of chances in this league.

I think the move makes a TON of sense.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":l81196iz said:
I don't think it's Cleveland as much as its Hue Jackson. Hue Jackson has longed for Kaepernick since he entered the draft. And honestly? This is a perfect place for Kaepernick to rehabilitate his career.

Think about it.. you go to a place where the coach loves you.. where he wants to remold you into a good QB. Hue Jackson is one of the most creative offensive minds in the game right now, and if anyone can turn Kaep's career around its him.

Not to mention, Cleveland is somehow beneath rock bottom if that's even possible. There are NO expectations to win there. There are NO expectations to even be a good player there. Conversely if you go to Denver, you're playing on a Super Bowl winning team for a GM that was one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.. AND you're filling the shoes of another guy who was one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. You go to the Jets and you're dealing with the New York media. You're constantly looked at in comparison to the Patriots.

Neither situation is very endearing to a guy that is narrowingly close to running out of chances in this league.

I think the move makes a TON of sense.

While I agree with you. I have a strange feeling he stays in SF. The Niners appear not budging on their demands. All seems fishy. At the end of the day Kap gone or stays it's the same thing to me. I don't like him that much.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Kaepernick sucks and will continue to suck no matter where he plays. I think he wants to play ANYWHERE, but his ONLY shot to start seems to be in Cleveland...I doubt he would beat whoever they draft this year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rideaducati":ppdnjqur said:
Kaepernick sucks and will continue to suck no matter where he plays. I think he wants to play ANYWHERE, but his ONLY shot to start seems to be in Cleveland...I doubt he would beat whoever they draft this year.

:lol:

Whoever trades for him is going to start him. Saying the Browns are his only chance to start is flat incorrect.

chris98251

Reaction score
I believe the Broncos want him, Sanchez was the back up option that will get the PC treatment to leverage a trade saying they have a QB now but would like to see if they can try to do some reclamation with him, make a conditional pick and portray him as damaged goods with a high upside.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
It doesn't matter where he plays, he'll still have a punchable face and his ears tucked into his flat bill cap.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":29b46yw3 said:
rideaducati":29b46yw3 said:

:lol:

Whoever trades for him is going to start him. Saying the Browns are his only chance to start is flat incorrect.

I'm sure SOMEONE will make him their starter...it won't turn out well is what I'm saying. Kaepernick is a Tarvaris Jackson level starter...rarely, if ever, a reason his team wins and is among the main reasons his team loses.