Ravens CB

rlkats

Reaction score
Ravens CB Tray Walker per nfl.com has been critically injured in a motorbike crash. Prayers to him and his family.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":3bshop15 said:
Ravens CB Tray Walker per nfl.com has been critically injured in a motorbike crash. Prayers to him and his family.
Yikes, good vibes sent.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Praying for a fellow rider. It's dangerous and only getting worse with distracted drivers. Even motorcyclists are doin\g it.

People need to refocus on road safety, too many are dying or getting maimed.

"Baltimore Ravens cornerback Tray Walker is in critical condition following a motorcycle accident Thursday night in Miami, police told NBC Miami.

Though details of the incident had yet to be released, police said Walker, 23, was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center in critical condition.

Walker, who is from Miami, was a fourth-round draft choice by the Ravens in 2015. He played in eight games last season."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/rav ... &ocid=iehp

God Bless you and your family Tray

253hawk

Reaction score
Still waiting on the details, but Florida isn't a helmet-required state if you pay extra on your insurance. Won't surprise me in the least if it comes out that he wasn't wearing one. Not even sure if he should have been riding anyway, most pro sports contracts explicitly prohibit players from riding bikes. Drew Brees can't even ride the Can-Ams that he endorses.

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm a rider as well so I hate hearing this, but it happens to many people every day with all the assholes on the road with their phones.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
I once laid my bike down in an intersection because this old woman ran the red light. People just do not pay attention sad. Prayers for him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I had a woman in a yellow VW beetle pull out in front of me on my Iron. I saw her peaking out from behind an F350 4x4 and she just couldn't wait for the light.

Fortunately I drive like everyone's out to get me and I slowed down as soon as I saw the front bumper sticking out. I still ended up locking up the brakes then pumping them and slid right up on her rear bumper. I was pissed, so I followed her some for awhile. I doubt she ever does that again.

I always wear a full face helmet and leathers. I was in a minor wreck, going about 10-15 mph, if I hadn't been wearing a helmet with face shield, I'd be one ugly dude now. I'll never forget that plastic melting and the heat against my face as I slid down the pavement, face first with my bike on top of me. Without signaling, my buddy stopped right in front of me as I was looking back to check on my other buddy who had a bad habit of tailgating. :34853_doh:

mikeak

Reaction score
I wish him luck and a full recovery

From the article he was driving at night without lights (dirtbike) and dark clothing and seems to be at fault. Doesn't change how one hopes that he recovers as anyone else in similar situation but doesn't sound like he was driving "like everyone's out to get me"

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
An Open Letter to Our Team

Men,

Right now, this moment is an incredibly difficult time for our Team and our Family. One of our Brothers, Tray Walker, is fighting for his life. I know we are showering him with, and covering he and his family, with Prayer and hope.

That was the kind of phone call you never want get as a coach, as a parent, as a brother, as a friend. This shook me and all of us. Like some of you, I haven’t been able to rest since hearing the news late last night.

As I focused about Tray this morning, some thoughts came to mind that I wanted to share. What would I say to my own son, if I had a son, in a situation like this? You guys are that important to me.

This is what I would be saying to you in the team meeting room if we were together today: There is a lot going on out there and you are going to be involved in tough and difficult situations. You are making and will continue to make important choices pretty much every day. That’s okay. That’s our reality. It can even be very good to be put in different circumstances. To make it right, you are going to have to grow up fast. Probably faster than many of your friends and family.

Please remember to…

Lead in your home. Take care of Your Family and Yourself every single day. Think about who you are and where you are going, and what you stand for. Look after one another. Only then can you be your most effective on the job and in every area of your life.

Please consider your actions and choices. There are always consequences. Choose who you allow to advise you. Consider the quality of the council you take. Put yourself in positions to succeed. Turn away from unnecessary and risky behavior. Take care of your physical well-being. Live a healthy lifestyle. Pursue those things that make you better. Rest well. Eat well. Laugh with those who you love and love you. Fulfil your obligations effectively.

Be your own best friend. Do not be an enemy onto yourself. Turn away from trouble and harm. Walk away from foolish behavior. Ignore silly and unwise advice – You’ll know it when you see it.

Get to know those people in your life who manage to walk free from the weight of self-created obstacles. Get close to those who have gone where you want to go, and have accomplished what you want to accomplish. Grow Spiritually. Think about what and who you want to become.

I am asking you to consider what is at stake in your life. Consider what your thoughts, actions and choices mean to those around you. Live your life fully and with purpose. Have fun and share your happiness. Find Your Faith, and allow God to Grow Your Faith.

Let’s look out for one another. Be a great brother and friend. Inquire. Listen. Ask. Investigate. Reach out. Be There. Take a Step. Go For It.

Remember, We are Brothers in Arms. And, again, take care of each other.

John

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/art ... e6cd286ff5

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ivotuk":3q04qs78 said:
..........if I hadn't been wearing a helmet with face shield, I'd be one ugly dude now............
Wow, you should not set me up like that my friend........ :mrgreen:
I kid. In all seriousness, myself I can't stand full face helmets but certainly understand why you wear one. As most long timers here know, I travel a LOT on my bike and have spent a great deal of time in no helmet law Rocky Mountain states. I used to go helmet-less in those states until a friend got into a really bad accident that I came upon seconds after it happened. He was really messed up......every rib broken, some in two places, broken arm, lost part of a finger (nothing makes you wonder about motorcycling like searching for part of your friend's finger in the blackberry bushes), lost half of a kidney, broken pelvis, etc. He was touch and go the first 48 hours but has survived and is living a pretty normal life now. My point in all this is that he was wearing a good quality helmet and with all those injuries, he had absolutely no head trauma whatsoever. Since then, I have never gone without a helmet and never will.

As mentioned, I prefer open faced helmets though I have a visor which is very handy if you get caught in rain. Hopefully I never "kiss the pavement", although with my mug I'm not sure it'd be any worse.

Largent80

Reaction score
I ONLY wear full face helmets, and this goes back to my motocross days. If you are going to wear a helmet why limit what the helmet is supposed to do? Plus, Iv'e had people kick up rocks and they hit square in the middle of my shield. You have to ride like everyone is out to kill you, it's the only way to ride on the street.

I had a jackass 49er fan throw a rock at me because I was on my bike with a Hawk jersey on, hit me right on the helmet. Bad move on his part as I ran after him, caught him and face butted him with the helmet and shield down, right across the bridge of his nose.

253hawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/710949014766751744[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
suffered significant head injuries when his dirt bike collided with an SUV just before 8 p.m. on Thursday night. ... Police said Walker was not wearing a helmet....... Walker’s dirt bike did not have headlights ..... Walker was also “wearing dark clothing, which may have been a factor.”

[urltargetblank]http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-ravens-cornerback-tray-walker-dies-of-injuries-sustained-in-motorbike-accident-20160318-story.html[/urltargetblank]
tray-walker-crash.jpg
[urltargetblank]http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/03/18/fans-friends-offer-prayers-for-ravens-player-injured-in-dade-crash/[/urltargetblank]

On a city street with an unlicensed dirt bike, on knobby tires, without a visibility vest, without illumination after sundown and without any rider armor. As a long time motorcyclist and human being, I feel sorry for the driver of the SUV. The kid never should have been out there.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
RIP. Man so sad. Feel for his family.

Feel bad for the SUV driver also. Bad situation

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Things like this make me have more resect for the police officer who gave me a ticket for riding without a helmet. Guys like that save lives.

I hope the family of the kid can cope with the loss. RIP

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sad story. I heard that there was a Pats player with him and the police are trying to locate him. A real cowardly act from the Pats player if he knows what happened and is in hiding.