RGIII Edit: Signs with Cleveland

HawkGA

Reaction score
Anybody surprised he hasn't been signed yet? I'm guessing maybe there is just some sort of holding pattern until the 9ers deal Kaep, but I would have expected there to be a bit more movement in the QB market.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I think RG3's future will be determined in part by what happens with Fitzpatrick. If Fitz stays in NY then I think Denver may show interest. If Denver signs Fitz then I think NY makes an offer to Griffin. One possibility is the Jets re-sign Fitzpatrick, Denver trades for Kaepernick, and the SF signs Griffin.

soohawk

Reaction score
kaepernick is also a domino that some teams want to see fall into place before the market for guys like rgIII establishes itself

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
I guess I'm just surprised things are taking so long. I wonder if the draft will be the impetus to get things going or if after the draft (when teams do or don't get their QB of the future) is what it will take to get things going.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I simply don't understand a world in which the Texans value Brock Osweiler over RGIII.

TBF though I also don't understand a world in which the Texans think Brock Osweiler is a meaningful upgrade over Brian Hoyer.

RGIII/Hoyer on the depth chart would have been gold for them.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Nope. All the free agent QBs left are similar to buying insurance. You hate paying for it because you hope to never use it and will only buy it because you have to. There isn't really a good market for bad QBs, although, some team will pay and then regret doing so.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Im a bit surprised the Jets dont sign TJack if Fitz is playing hardball. Its not a real drop off and TJack would play for what they are offering Fitz ...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm very curious to see where he actually ends up. Given in the right situation he could be very successful.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1568i2dg said:
I simply don't understand a world in which the Texans value Brock Osweiler over RGIII.

TBF though I also don't understand a world in which the Texans think Brock Osweiler is a meaningful upgrade over Brian Hoyer.

RGIII/Hoyer on the depth chart would have been gold for them.
Why ? Given you have Kapp crap and nothing else. I know my team is a mess, but no damn way is Arizona at our level. Not with Russell going up and Carson going down. Just take a look at him under pressure . Compared to Russell.

We're comimg for the AFC in technicolor book it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Vetamur":2y8xgan7 said:
Im a bit surprised the Jets dont sign TJack if Fitz is playing hardball. Its not a real drop off and TJack would play for what they are offering Fitz ...

I'm surprised people believe Tarvaris is a viable QB outside of Bevell's system when he isn't even viable within Bevell's system.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":1zwgt2gu said:
Vetamur":1zwgt2gu said:

I'm surprised people believe Tarvaris is a viable QB outside of Bevell's system when he isn't even viable within Bevell's system.

Agreed.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ My translation:

1. Why ? Given you have Kapp crap and nothing else.: You, Popeye, have no room to talk about if the Texans should value Osweiler over Hoyer or RGIII because the 49ers have a bad QB situation.

2. I know my team is a mess, but no damn way is Arizona at our level. Not with Russell going up and Carson going down. Just take a look at him under pressure . Compared to Russell. : To me saying that you can't talk about the Texans QB decisions because the 9ers don't have a QB I know you're going to say the Seahawks suck too, but the Seahawks don't suck. They're going to better than Arizona next year even though Arizona won the division last year.

3. We're comimg for the AFC in technicolor book it.: The Seahawks aren't only going to win the division they're also going to go to the Super Bowl.

To be clear even when translated tthe post doesn't make a lick of sense as a response to my post, but I think that was what it was supposed to convey. :th2thumbs:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
+ 1 on the concern.

I'd prefer to read it as performance art, but from MZ's posting before this recent spell that doesn't seem likely.

rideaducati

Reaction score
When I post like that, there is usually heavy doses of alcohol and/or medication involved.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think Mizzou is fine,it's the off season..It may be her phone and site are not in sync who knows.I hope she's ok we need her for the trolls and such.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2ewixxoz said:
Sounds like RG3 is signing with Cleveland.

Yep, it's a done deal.

Cleveland is a long way down from his pinnacle. I think it's a good sign that RGIII has hit the hard reset on his career and is ready to work.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Josh should be ready to go at all times, after all it's Cleveland were talking about and a QB.

I am waiting for all options for Kaep to be closed then Baalke to release Kaep.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":18kfvo6j said:

For better or for worse, not gonna happen. You'll be watiing for that until next off-season at the earliest, IMO.

If it's any consolation next off-season is probably also at the latest you'll have to wait for it? :D

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":9hspgvl8 said:
chris98251":9hspgvl8 said:

For better or for worse, not gonna happen. You'll be watiing for that until next off-season at the earliest, IMO.

If it's any consolation next off-season is probably also at the latest you'll have to wait for it? :D

Once Kaepernick is cleared to play, the niners can cut him with only $2.5 million cap hit. I doubt the niners are going to pay Kaepernick's salary if he doesn't win the starting job...and I highly doubt he will win the starting job.