Adam Gase

pehawk

Reaction score
Anyone else think he'll be a fantastic HC? Some of the shit he did with the Bears last year was amazing. He did it under a shroud of tanking as well, which makes it even more impressive.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pretty good chance cuz anyone that can make Jay Cutler decent has got to be good at what he does. If he can squeeze the same type of performance out of Tannehill they could make the playoffs as a WC. Problem is the culture in Miami has been bad for a long time. We'll see if he can change that.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Great OC for sure but HC is a very different job.
I'm rooting for him but there's no shortage of really great coordinators who failed trying to make that transition.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":31cbuhgt said:
Great OC for sure but HC is a very different job.
I'm rooting for him but there's no shortage of really great coordinators who failed trying to make that transition.

Truth.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Subzero717":1uoxncrq said:
Look no further than Wade Philips.

Great OC, that Wade.

Actually, Wade was a good HC. His teams were playoffs or playoff contenders perennialy. At the helm of teams who hadn't really had such success before and after (Bills and Cowboys especially).

Subzero717

Reaction score
pehawk":3k4lvh3i said:
Subzero717":3k4lvh3i said:

Great OC, that Wade.

Actually, Wade was a good HC. His teams were playoffs or playoff contenders perennialy. At the helm of teams who hadn't really had such success before and after (Bills and Cowboys especially).
Philips defenses are better when is coordinating rather than coaching. The same is true of Romeo Crennel. This list goes on.

Getting back to Gase he is unfortunatly working for the Dolphins. He is going to need to be spectacular.

kearly

Reaction score
PC and Belichick were both quickly fired in their first HC jobs before achieving greatness later. It's really hard to know who the next great coach is going to be. I don't think it's totally random or anything, but the qualities that make a great coach great typically aren't obvious until after the fact.

I'm rooting for Gase, mostly because I am tired of watching the Dolphins acquiring good players and finding a way to suck every single year. How much would it suck if the Pats kept racking up division crowns with Jimmy G? Anybody else going to lift a finger in that division? Anybody?

Maulbert

Reaction score
pehawk":osu2anwp said:
Subzero717":osu2anwp said:

Great OC, that Wade.

Uh, the Bills had seven 10-win seasons in the decade leading up to Wade Phillips being named their head coach, and had 8 winning seasons in that span. True, they were tapering off, but they didn't have a losing culture when he got there. And Parcells had 3 winning seasons in the four years before Phillips was hired in Dallas, including 2 playoff appearances, with arguably inferior talent (seriously, Quincy Carter started a playoff game).

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":39r92s2o said:
pehawk":39r92s2o said:
Subzero717":39r92s2o said:

Great OC, that Wade.

Uh, the Bills had seven 10-win seasons in the decade leading up to Wade Phillips being named their head coach, and had 8 winning seasons in that span. True, they were tapering off, but they didn't have a losing culture when he got there. And Parcells had 3 winning seasons in the four years before Phillips was hired in Dallas, including 2 playoff appearances, with arguably inferior talent (seriously, Quincy Carter started a playoff game).

Fair enough.

How old were Kelly, Thurman, Smith, Reed, Taley when Wade got there?

And those Parcells Cowboys squads were designed for 1 or 2 years of playoffs , tops. Old Jets and Giants players treating Dallas as a retirement home.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
agreed but Tannehill is still garbage...might be his swan song this year if he doesn't get better.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Your OF cord that in past compare to Gase-Steve Marinucci and Mike Martz.How did they do?How many championships?This is why DCs are wanted.Defense wins Championships

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Gase is going to be a great HC. It may not b with the Fins. I think it will be, but Ross is a shitty owner, and that trumps all good coaching.