Hawks Interested in Karlos Dansby

vin.couve12

Reaction score
http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/3/21/112 ... -agent-nfl

The below quoted portion is from Brock Huard

Karlos Dansby is a 3-4 inside linebacker and the Seahawks are a 4-3 front. But, I love him. I wish he could be here. He is a Seahawk. Certain players — I've talked to scouts about this --€” and we talked to Daniel Jeremiah about the "Ravens' Way," he was a scout there, there are just Ravens players -- you go to games, "oh, yep, that's a Ravens' player," I try to do this every time I'm on a campus somewhere, "that's a Seahawks player."

Karlos Dansby is a Seahawks player. He is so smart, he is so instinctive. He is to the ball, he is all about the ball. He was a real force when Arizona gave you a really tough time (in 2013), in fact the first team to beat you in your own building a couple of years ago, but unfortunately Karlos Dansby is a 3-4 inside linebacker. As much as I would love him, as much as he would add depth and veteran savvy that that linebacking corps needs, he's not a SAM, he's not an on-ball player, you've got Bobby and you've got KJ, and I don't think financially you'll have room for Karlos Dansby.

Now, I like Huard and his chalk talks. He's got a good mind for offensive concepts, but he's still an offensive guy.

Dansby being an ILB fits perfectly fine for the Hawks strictly because he's still mobile. A 3-4 ILB and our MLB and WLB are near the same position because of the Under and Over fronts that we use in the 4-3 (strong and weak still apply to 3-4 ILBs). Dansby may actually be an upgrade over KJ at WLB. His track record of making big plays would certainly bring that aspect back to the position that has been lacking since Wright has been at that spot, anyway (Wright is solid, but doesn't and hasn't made many big plays). If Dansby were to sign with us I think the clear choice is to kick Wright back to SLB where he covers all the things that Irvin used to do. Sure, Wright has little pass rush ability, but Irvin didn't get too many chances at that on 1st and 2nd down. Wright also isn't as forceful at setting the edge as Irvin, but it plenty good at it.

This could be an outstanding fit, IMO; and would shore up any questions at LB this coming year.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1oyph5qg said:
Hawks are interested or Brock Huard is??
Hawks are per a report or reports.

How do you tag these anyway?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/711965896533606403[/tweet]

Marlin Man

Reaction score
If he is a 3-4 guy and we are 4-3- and as YOU put it "we aren't gonna get him"?

What is your point? can't you talk about something that might/will happen, something more Hawk relavant?????

M.M.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2wzhzirh said:

What is your point? can't you talk about something that might/will happen, something more Hawk relavant?????

M.M.
That's not quite what I said.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Marlin Man":37t88xfw said:

M.M.

This time of year is full of speculation and the fact is, if we didn't speculate, we wouldn't have much to talk about.
At least the source of the speculation was linked.
Seems relevant enough to me.

I'll override your objection :{)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Oh, I'd be pumped about bringing Karlos Dansby. I'm talking hella pumped and jacked. That's a good guy to have on a hybrid D like ours. Bring him in.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
pmedic920":1mjwl91s said:
Marlin Man":1mjwl91s said:

M.M.

This time of year is full of speculation and the fact is, if we didn't speculate, we wouldn't have much to talk about.
At least the source of the speculation was linked.
Seems relevant enough to me.

I'll override your objection :{)
Thank you pmed, and thanks for the info vin.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
Every 12 should be excited for the possibility at bringing in Dansby. Yes, he came from a 3-4 middle linebacker scheme but as it was put before we run a hybrid 3/4 anyway with alot of 4-3 looks.

Also keep in mind that Bobby Wagner has missed time. I think in both last year and the year before. I'd take Dansby filling in the MLB and leaving KJ to the outside then moving KJ over. KJ had one real good game in primetime that everyone hangs onto but we were definitely weakened when that move had to happen.

We might be able to get him on the cheap. Dude said he wants to go win a championship.

Sign him. Bolster our LBers. Get him a ring. Maybe even 2.

kearly

Reaction score
In his prime Dansby would have enough speed to play in Seattle's scheme, But after 12 NFL seasons, how much of that speed is still left?

Money is also a question. I don't think a guy who's earned as much money as Dansby would sacrifice his body another year for league minimum. It might take $3 million for him to feel it's worth it. He says he wants to go to a winner though, which helps.

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Another option for a vet LB that I've always liked, who could be better at WLB vs MLB, is Donald Butler.

McGruff

Reaction score
Honestly, as a 3 down starter, I like KPL over any of the other options . . . but I like the idea of bringing in pass rushing OLB's for situational rotations.

Dansby doesn't strike me as an upgrade anymore.

drdiags

Reaction score
OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
drdiags":2kd3lt7u said:
vin.couve12":2kd3lt7u said:
Cyrus12":2kd3lt7u said:
Hawks are interested or Brock Huard is??
Hawks are per a report or reports.

How do you tag these anyway?

https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/ ... 6533606403

Paste the URL in between the tweet tags.
Code:

I've done exactly that 5-6 times and it just doesn't work. I see you still have the s on https as well and I've tried it with and without and still no dice. I'll figure out what I'm doing wrong after this meeting, but thanks!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Dansby was one of the bright spots for the lowly dawgpound. 1 year contract..bring him in imo!

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe a vet min or close to it, along with a specialized role for minimal snap count.. Otherwise, let's wait until camp to see if we really even need him. 12 seasons is a lot of wear and tear.