Hard Knocks

Laloosh

Reaction score
"Look, I don't want to see any dirty play out of you guys!" *wink wink* *point to camera*

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As a football fan I would have preferred the Raiders (personally I'd prefer the Bills), but the decision to force it on the Rams is nothing if not an obvious one.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I've never wanted the Rams to be on Hard Knocks. I find the whole thing stupid, and I've never watched it.

However, today I am happy to see they will be on it. I'm ready to watch my boys.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Balzer with the stop the presses, very exciting breaking news about Michael Sam!

Howard Balzer ‎@HBalzer721
Sources say NFL agreed not to have Rams on Hard Knocks in 2014 if they drafted Michael Sam.

That's correct. Rams didn't want Hard Knocks even without Sam. League concerned he wouldn't be drafted. Deal made. https://twitter.com/EssexRam_/status/712720970746880000
2:53 PM - 23 Mar 2016

I'm eagerly awaiting Rams and league denials. Just like league denied efforts to sabotage STL stadium financing vote https://twitter.com/Cassidy_Rob/status/ ... 6161979394

----

It's all a conspiracy. All of it. :lol: :lol:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I knew the Rams had a deal with the league on Sam. For what, I did not know, but I knew Roger asked them to take Sam.

If they will ask teams to do things for PR, will they ask officials?

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Scottemojo":19v8c3xw said:
I knew the Rams had a deal with the league on Sam. For what, I did not know, but I knew Roger asked them to take Sam.

How do you "know" this?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So the Rams will be the 2016 Hard Knocks team and will also be the "home" team in London in 2016 & 2017 as well as in China in 2018. Looks like the league really wants to give the L.A. market as much international exposure as possible. I bet we'll see the Rams multiple times on SNF & MNF, too.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
The first home game in LA, I would assume, will be on Monday Night Football. Against the Niners I hope.

As for Hard Knocks...it sucks. I'll be stoked to watch it, but it doesn't help the team at all, and could potentially hurt.

Our QB situation + the move + hardknocks + losing members of the first draft class = 7 wins or less next year. Hopefully we can just get a damn QB or offense in general and try to put it all together from there

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":yf03t7ls said:

Super Bowl XL* just called and said the answer to your question is "yes".

RedAlice

Reaction score
This has become a semi-interesting topic. Most of the posters here have hit on the various hot points and opinions. (That's one thing I always appreciate about this board).

For me, the problem with the story is the writer and his unnamed "source." This is just the beginning of stories like this that we will see over this season and probably the next ones as well.

Balzer is one of the handful of StL writers who is mad, hurt and angry about their perception of how StL was treated. They use every opportunity to play victim and write some pretty insanely ridiculous things. But, I can't blame them (well most of them). Balzer also believes in the complete StL conspiracy and now hates the Rams.

So, he is a biased source in himself and his actual source here is unnamed. A quick read through his twitter is pretty simple.

I posted his original "tweets" before he posted his article. His tweets post article are fairly entertaining as well.

As to facts:

Balzer has an unnamed source he believes in who says the NFL made a promise to the Rams if they drafted M Sam.

J Fisher denies this. Demoff denies this. NFL says only that Fisher is right.

Michael Silver was in the draft room and says he saw no evidence of this being a conspiracy and looked real to him.

Balzer says Fisher was doing an acting job.

So, well. I don't put this concept past the NFL, but I also don't believe anything Balzer says regarding the Rams for a second. He would eat his shoe to have anything he could support and write negative about them. He hates them. I expect much more of this type of thing to come from him this season.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":1dkcxlgl said:
This has become a semi-interesting topic. Most of the posters here have hit on the various hot points and opinions. (That's one thing I always appreciate about this board).

For me, the problem with the story is the writer and his unnamed "source." This is just the beginning of stories like this that we will see over this season and probably the next ones as well.

Balzer is one of the handful of StL writers who is mad, hurt and angry about their perception of how StL was treated. They use every opportunity to play victim and write some pretty insanely ridiculous things. But, I can't blame them (well most of them). Balzer also believes in the complete StL conspiracy and now hates the Rams.

So, he is a biased source in himself and his actual source here is unnamed. A quick read through his twitter is pretty simple.

I posted his original "tweets" before he posted his article. His tweets post article are fairly entertaining as well.

As to facts:

Balzer has an unnamed source he believes in who says the NFL made a promise to the Rams if they drafted M Sam.

J Fisher denies this. Demoff denies this. NFL says only that Fisher is right.

Michael Silver was in the draft room and says he saw no evidence of this being a conspiracy and looked real to him.

Balzer says Fisher was doing an acting job.

So, well. I don't put this concept past the NFL, but I also don't believe anything Balzer says regarding the Rams for a second. He would eat his shoe to have anything he could support and write negative about them. He hates them. I expect much more of this type of thing to come from him this season.

And.....

NOBODY CARES.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I didn't start the two threads on the topic. I didn't start the conversation here. I didn't bring up the topic at all.

I'm responding.

If you don't care here, then don't start threads (two of them now) on the topic.

:thirishdrinkers:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Btw, no need for a new thread on StL ineptness. And since this one is already declared to be of no interest, it's perfect.

My wow: How possibly inept can the 1994 St. Louis Lease Negotiators have been? It's starting to defy the imagination on stupidness.

They not only allowed the lease agreement to include the clause that lost them the Rams, they also let this one in. As in: they SIGNED a lease with this clause in it. Wow.

Happy no one in StL is negotiating my life.

---

EARTH CITY, MO (KTVI) – Like an ex who keeps popping up on your Facebook wall, news involving the Rams and their former home has reared its head once again. This time, the Stan Kroenke-owned franchise claims it negotiated a sweetheart deal to buy its old Earth City practice facility, leaving millions of dollars on the table for the current property owners.

The Edward Jones Dome authority, which owns the 27-acre Rams Park, leased the facility to the Rams for $25,000 a year. But with the Rams now in Los Angeles, the authority wants to sell the land. According to a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the land previously appraised for just under $19 million. Any money acquired from the sale or rent of that land could be put towards the $16 million price tag the authority spent trying to keep the Rams in town.

However, a clause in the Rams lease gives the team an option to buy the land for a dollar in 2024, the 29th anniversary of the stadium. This is the same lease that allowed the Rams to leave St. Louis in the first place.

Lawyers for the dome authority filed suit Thursday to block the team from buying the property and training facility. Both sides are arguing if the language in the lease allows for the purchase. Attorneys for the Rams claim the team’s relocation does not cancel the franchise’s ability to buy the land for a song.

http://fox2now.com/2016/03/24/deal-may- ... ity-for-1/

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RedAlice":1iu5312q said:
Btw, no need for a new thread on StL ineptness. And since this one is already declared to be of no interest, it's perfect.

My wow: How possibly inept can the 1994 St. Louis Lease Negotiators have been? It's starting to defy the imagination on stupidness.

They not only allowed the lease agreement to include the clause that lost them the Rams, they also let this one in. As in: they SIGNED a lease with this clause in it. Wow.

---

EARTH CITY, MO (KTVI) – Like an ex who keeps popping up on your Facebook wall, news involving the Rams and their former home has reared its head once again. This time, the Stan Kroenke-owned franchise claims it negotiated a sweetheart deal to buy its old Earth City practice facility, leaving millions of dollars on the table for the current property owners.

The Edward Jones Dome authority, which owns the 27-acre Rams Park, leased the facility to the Rams for $25,000 a year. But with the Rams now in Los Angeles, the authority wants to sell the land. According to a report in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the land previously appraised for just under $19 million. Any money acquired from the sale or rent of that land could be put towards the $16 million price tag the authority spent trying to keep the Rams in town.

However, a clause in the Rams lease gives the team an option to buy the land for a dollar in 2024, the 29th anniversary of the stadium. This is the same lease that allowed the Rams to leave St. Louis in the first place.

Lawyers for the dome authority filed suit Thursday to block the team from buying the property and training facility. Both sides are arguing if the language in the lease allows for the purchase. Attorneys for the Rams claim the team’s relocation does not cancel the franchise’s ability to buy the land for a song.

Oh good Lord. That's stupidity of epic proportions. If they wanted to give the team a sweetheart lease that's one thing. But to not include language voiding the sweetness if the team moved was incredibly short sighted. This is pro sports after all.

Isn't Stan K. from the St. L area? If so, he's screwing his own home town.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1t0xm7wz said:
RedAlice":1t0xm7wz said:

---

Oh good Lord. That's stupidity of epic proportions. If they wanted to give the team a sweetheart lease that's one thing. But to not include language voiding the sweetness if the team moved was incredibly short sighted. This is pro sports after all.

Isn't Stan K. from the St. L area? If so, he's screwing his own home town.

Yes, Kroenke is from a suburb town of MO. He seems to HATE St. Louis though. I understand that. He is NOT from St. Louis as they like to say. He grew up in a farm town way outside of StL. He probably grew up as a little boy hating StL as the "big" town that his town was lessor than. He is now saying um, "here's what I think about you StL" to them and they don't even realize it.

I spent 3 years on a farm in Witt, Illinois. It's 3 hours outside of Decatour. I HATED Decatour. I guarantee you if I became a billionaire I woulda wanted to shove it to Decatour. Kroenke is NOT from StL, he's from a small town outside of it. Ah, and: HENCE.

Welcome to the hatrid of the 5 STL sports writers. I am actually enjoying their misery. Yes, I so am.

I will even raise a cheers to the remaining StL writers: LOVES:

:thirishdrinkers:

Stan Kroenke grew up in Mora, MO:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mora, ... c8c9fdc4ed

It's probably a shorter drive to Kansas City. Like I said....small farm community outside of the "big" city.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
hawknation2016":2rmpsrza said:
Scottemojo":2rmpsrza said:

How do you "know" this?
Because I am just that smart, cupcake.