Broncos very near deal for Colin Kaepernick

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He already signed one bad deal.

He will sign another one.

pehawk

Reaction score
Huh. He might be okay with Kubiak. I don't think it'll be a disaster at least. His speed and velocity will certainly surprise the shit out of AFCW teams the first time around.

Kennewick_Man

Reaction score
If Kaep and his agent had kept their collective traps shut instead of announcing to the free world that they wanted a trade, they'd have leverage here. Instead, they don't. Welcome to another crap deal, Colin.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't expect him to beat out Sanchez.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the 49ers and Broncos currently don’t have an agreement on trade compensation, officially or in principle. In other words, the notion that the only thing keeping a deal from happening is a deal between the Broncos and Kaepernick on a reduced contract is, as the source put it, a “real stretch.”

So why has ESPN reported that an accord between Kaepernick and the Broncos represents the only impediment to a contract? As the source put it, “someone wanted it out there.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rnick-yet/

Maybe the 49ers are trying to tell their dwindling fan base "we tried; it's his fault."

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pehawk":2jtywhc2 said:
Huh. He might be okay with Kubiak. I don't think it'll be a disaster at least. His speed and velocity will certainly surprise the shit out of AFCW teams the first time around.
Pretty much. But I know for fact both Oakland and Kansas City will adjust fast enough and kill him after the first go around. Both coaching staffs are just good like that and everybody in that division hates the Broncos.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The two stories being thrown around on this one (both of which could be true IMO) are:

1) Kaepernick a) doesn't trust 9ers management anymore after Marathe leaked unflattering stories about him and b) he isolated himself from the team when things got rough last year and lost the trust of his teammates and both sides want a fresh start.

2) Kap's agents (who were a pair) have just split and the agent Kap went with is pushing for him to move and get a new deal because he needs the commission from that to launch his new agency.

Whichever it is (or both), Kap's team has just been cratering his value through missteps. The only thing "new" about this new round of stories is that the Broncos are now low-balling him on the contract, as they should be. Remember, this is the same team that three weeks ago was trying to give Brock Osweiler 15 APY, and back then Kap's contract wasn't an issue for them. It is now because they can get away with it, and that's his team's fault.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1aab2wj3 said:
The two stories being thrown around on this one (both of which could be true IMO) are:

1) Kaepernick a) doesn't trust 9ers management anymore after Marathe leaked unflattering stories about him and b) he isolated himself from the team when things got rough last year and lost the trust of his teammates and both sides want a fresh start.

2) Kap's agents (who were a pair) have just split and the agent Kap went with is pushing for him to move and get a new deal because he needs the commission from that to launch his new agency.

Whichever it is (or both), Kap's team has just been cratering his value through missteps. The only thing "new" about this new round of stories is that the Broncos are now low-balling him on the contract, as they should be. Remember, this is the same team that three weeks ago was trying to give Brock Osweiler 15 APY, and back then Kap's contract wasn't an issue for them. It is now because they can get away with it, and that's his team's fault.
What a dumb bastard you guys basically rape him and now the Broncos are going to pull a train if they can get away with it. No worries he isn't the answer to get past Kansas City or Oakland.

As it is Kansas City already handled Denver when they were loaded and Oakland is 1 year away maximum from being completely back and among the elite teams. It's what happens when a team gets a good to elite quarterback and little Carr is at worst good unlike Kaepernick. Because you have to be accurate to be good

Kaepernick like Newton aren't so they have to mask their deficiencies by athleticism. It works most times. Until the defense stops screwing around.

pehawk

Reaction score
I personally thought Kaep's best shot was going to the Jets. Bowles inserted toughness into perennial pussies; Fitz and Decker. And all Kaep needs back is a little swagger, IMO. He'll always be flawed, but he can still be dangerous.

Random appreciation; I haven't seen a better ball than the TD pass to Boldin in the NFCCG, since. That throw alone, in those circumstances, would be enough for me to consider him were I a GM.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":172445ay said:
OkieHawk":172445ay said:
Tical21":172445ay said:

Go home, you're drunk.
Well you might not be but you are being ridiculous.

Because I don't think Sanchez could beat out Krapernick? You're high if you think otherwise.

Sanchez is hot garbage, like Foles and Keenum.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1l9i3zqk said:
MizzouHawkGal":1l9i3zqk said:
OkieHawk":1l9i3zqk said:
Tical21":1l9i3zqk said:

Go home, you're drunk.
Well you might not be but you are being ridiculous.

Because I don't think Sanchez could beat out Krapernick? You're high if you think otherwise.

Sanchez is hot garbage, like Foles and Keenum.

Not to mention if Denver, or any team for that matter, trades for Kaep - he's their guy until he plays himself out of the job. The only franchise with the cajones to go against that is Seattle in all honesty.

pehawk

Reaction score
It makes sense to have a running threat with a great defense. I have to think that's the logic. Bootlegs and stretch with a running option for Kaep. Keep the clock ticking. If that wasn't the logic, Glennon would make alot more sense in a traditional Kubiak offense.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I'm hoping for a scenario in which the 9ers trade Kaepernick and don't get goff or wentz. I would love an nfc west of: Gabbert, Keenum, ACLPalmer and Russell Wilson

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":1qy7nefr said:
I personally thought Kaep's best shot was going to the Jets. Bowles inserted toughness into perennial pussies; Fitz and Decker. And all Kaep needs back is a little swagger, IMO. He'll always be flawed, but he can still be dangerous.

Random appreciation; I haven't seen a better ball than the TD pass to Boldin in the NFCCG, since. That throw alone, in those circumstances, would be enough for me to consider him were I a GM.
He can throw the ball but can he make the quick read?Can he read the defense at the line?To me he's like a baseball pitcher who has only one pitch.If I were a GM that turns me off.I dunno what Donkeyface is thinking but MS is not any better.