How did the fumble rate pan out for NE?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Some here are excellent at gathering stats and this was a huge topic last year with the deflated balls so I was wondering if someone knew if NE was once again an anomaly with fumbles and catch rate or did they come back to the norm.

Particularly in the later part of the year when the weather would have the highest impact, if there is a way to break that down simply compared to the rest of the league and maybe past history of cold weather.

Thanks if anyone knows how to look this up. I expect the flattened ball made a significant difference in fumbles as well as catch rate.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i read somewhere that they still had one of the lowest fumble rates

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Crizilla":2ji32e01 said:
i read somewhere that they still had one of the lowest fumble rates

I read that also which somewhat makes sense considering the defenses they play, they only run the ball 40% of the time and most of the passing is short but I am curious if the cold weather had an impact or not. Both pass catching rate and fumbles.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I don't think there's been enough of a sample size post-deflategate, so this season will hopefully give us a better idea.

I respect the hell out of the Patriots for how they run their football operations, but i hate players/teams who cheat. The closest the Super Bowl had ever come to being tainted in my lifetime was the Seahawks/Steelers, and I would kind of like to keep it that way. I don't want to look at Championships as being tainted, but we will see.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I heard sports radio guys saying football pressure wasn't even kept track of last season the way we all assumed it would be. I haven't looked into that, but it wouldn't surprise me.