Ram's Schedule

HawkGA

Reaction score
Apparently I was right in my prediction that the Rams would get 3 of their first 4 games against division opponents. In a surprise, however, 2 of those 3 are on the road. They don't even open at home. Why in the heck the NFL wouldn't have a home game to start off a season in a new city is beyond me. Stupid. Absolutely stupid.

Maulbert

Reaction score
There's no way the NFL would force the Rams to play their final 3 divisional games all on the road, especially considering that most teams typically close out the season with 2 straight divisional games in weeks 16 & 17. Besides, they probably really want to establish the rivalry with the Hawks in LA (Niners-Rams won't be a hard sell), plus bringing in Pete Carroll for the Rams home opener will bring crowds in.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":1if30pss said:
Apparently I was right in my prediction that the Rams would get 3 of their first 4 games against division opponents. In a surprise, however, 2 of those 3 are on the road. They don't even open at home. Why in the heck the NFL wouldn't have a home game to start off a season in a new city is beyond me. Stupid. Absolutely stupid.

They share their stadium with USC who has a home game Saturday night of the opening nfl weekend. That's probably the reason rams start on the road.

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkGA":3s51n18l said:

This is all due to the scheduling rules with USC. Believe me, many Rams fans are upset.

However, Rams fans had a discussion sometime in Feb about the USC scheduling rules. There is some article defining them...if we find it again I will share. It mainly has to do with night games and other rules regarding when USC plays at home. So, NFL has a lot of scheduling issues and I'm sure working around USC was not a priority. They just went with it.

I'm very disapointed our first game is a road game. But, well, hey: our first home game is not in St. Louis so you will see no sadness from me. I'm happy.

Rams will simply need to deal with it. We have two home games in the first 8 weeks.

We also have:

Four 10am games
Zero games playing a team off a bye
Our bye is after the London game (week eight) and then we get a home game (yay)
2 weather games (@Pats and @Jets)

And, FINALLY!!!! - we do not end at Hawks or Niners. We have our last two games at home.

So, it's a tough schedule, but has some good points as well.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Maulbert":3dpwk0dz said:
There's no way the NFL would force the Rams to play their final 3 divisional games all on the road, especially considering that most teams typically close out the season with 2 straight divisional games in weeks 16 & 17. Besides, they probably really want to establish the rivalry with the Hawks in LA (Niners-Rams won't be a hard sell), plus bringing in Pete Carroll for the Rams home opener will bring crowds in.

Agree on the Pete Carroll connection. I wanted the Niners, but understand how this is a bigger draw for local fans.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
RedAlice":2mv1ckva said:
Maulbert":2mv1ckva said:

Agree on the Pete Carroll connection. I wanted the Niners, but understand how this is a bigger draw for local fans.

Any idea how ticket sales are going? I imagine there will be a LOT of So Cal seahawk fans at that game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
JSeahawks":n0cwrjk7 said:
RedAlice":n0cwrjk7 said:
Maulbert":n0cwrjk7 said:

Any idea how ticket sales are going? I imagine there will be a LOT of So Cal seahawk fans at that game.

This is an issue. I have no clue. The only thing I personally know is that I am in "Group 15" to buy my season tickets sometime at the end of the month. They oversold for season ticket deposits. Btw, I was in this group at 10:04am and tickets went on sale at 10:00am. So, I am near as front as I could possibly get.

However, each deposit can buy 8 tickets, and I am sure there are many (like me) who are only buying two, and many only buying four. It's a 60k stadium and they stopped assigning groups at 50k I think. Then after that another 20k or so on a waiting list.

I'm sure many season ticket holders will sell their tickes for a few games, just not sure if they will for the first game. So....need to see how the season ticket sales go. Our email from the Rams says we will get an email at end of April with our "assigned" window to buy our tickets.

That's all I know.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Maulbert":108dif8g said:

I would have thought they'd still go more home games early, but the USC scheduling problem makes sense. Sounds like that was probably the case if they're only getting 2 home games in the first 8 weeks.

Personally, I might have considered giving the Rams the Monday night game on opening weekend, if that would have been acceptable with USC.

RedAlice

Reaction score
HawkGA":3no6q9lo said:
Maulbert":3no6q9lo said:

I would have thought they'd still go more home games early, but the USC scheduling problem makes sense. Sounds like that was probably the case if they're only getting 2 home games in the first 8 weeks.

Personally, I might have considered giving the Rams the Monday night game on opening weekend, if that would have been acceptable with USC.

Yet to find the article, but I'm pretty sure this was against the USC rules.

Crizilla

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3a4g0zf9 said:
HawkGA":3a4g0zf9 said:

They share their stadium with USC who has a home game Saturday night of the opening nfl weekend. That's probably the reason rams start on the road.

This was confirmed as indeed the reason