Report: Baalke and Chip Kelly have already had a lovers tiff

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Per Brian Baldinger...

975TheFanatic ‏@975TheFanatic Apr 14
“I already hear there’s problems in the building between Chip & Baalke” - @BaldyNFL

Well I don't know about anyone else -- but I'm absolutely shocked!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What on earth made the 49ers think this was a smart fit?

Now pass me my tiny violin in preparation for the NFC West mafia ploughing in crying about my latest indulgence in schadenfreude.

Basis4day

Reaction score
chris98251":1wfv1fbd said:
No details, sounds like someone trying to get web hits.

At least it was an NFL Media member on SF sports radio rather than the ever popular "rumblings from some dude on twitter"

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Of course two egomaniacs won't get along. Not all that shocking.

Definitely going to be fun watching another Santa Clara train wreck though.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":3enia2oh said:

It was Brian Baldinger who also said last year "the 49ers will win multiple Super Bowls with Jimmy Tomsula".

Could be true about Kelly/Baalke...but major grain of salt.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":uziepri2 said:

Why would Brian Baldinger be trying to get web hits for a Bay Area radio station he doesn't work for during an appearance on one of their shows?

Marvin49":uziepri2 said:

Hqdefault

rlkats

Reaction score
If there is an issue(not surprised if there is) it might be because one person wants Kap and the other don't. Who knows. Aaaaaaaaaaand who cares. Oh wait English does. He needs more material for comedy hour lol.

Just messin with ya english

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":1vb0orbs said:
chris98251":1vb0orbs said:

It was Brian Baldinger who also said last year "the 49ers will win multiple Super Bowls with Jimmy Tomsula".

How in god's name could someone say something so absurd?

That's ridiculousness akin to when Jaworski exclaimed that Kaepernick was one of the greatest QBs in NFL history.

chris98251

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3v3tfjvs said:
chris98251":3v3tfjvs said:

Why would Brian Baldinger be trying to get web hits for a Bay Area radio station he doesn't work for during an appearance on one of their shows?

Marvin49":3v3tfjvs said:

Hqdefault

Brian David Baldinger is a former professional American football player and former color commentator for National Football League telecasts on the Fox network. He also covers Philadelphia Eagles preseason games as an analyst with Scott Graham. Baldinger is currently in his sixth year with NFL Network, where he serves as an analyst with Sterling Sharpe and Brian Billick on Thursday and Friday editions of Playbook, as well as NFL Network’s signature show NFL Total Access. He is also a regular contributor to NFL.com.

So people wanting to know more about this won't tune in or look him up to garner traffic and viewers on NFL Network?

This is the same as your one line posts about a topic or draft that you leave and then hope to route to your blog.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":25v7uazs said:
Marvin49":25v7uazs said:
chris98251":25v7uazs said:

That's ridiculousness akin to when Jaworski exclaimed that Kaepernick was one of the greatest QBs in NFL history.

In fairness to Jaws, he was talking about his potential based on his skillset and not saying he was ALREADY one of the greatest....but still.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":pu7w7lu8 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":pu7w7lu8 said:
chris98251":pu7w7lu8 said:

Marvin49":pu7w7lu8 said:

Hqdefault

Brian David Baldinger is a former professional American football player and former color commentator for National Football League telecasts on the Fox network. He also covers Philadelphia Eagles preseason games as an analyst with Scott Graham. Baldinger is currently in his sixth year with NFL Network, where he serves as an analyst with Sterling Sharpe and Brian Billick on Thursday and Friday editions of Playbook, as well as NFL Network’s signature show NFL Total Access. He is also a regular contributor to NFL.com.

So people wanting to know more about this won't tune in or look him up to garner traffic and viewers on NFL Network?

This is the same as your one line posts about a topic or draft that you leave and then hope to route to your blog.

Not to mention that radio station is in Philly, not the Bay Area.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
There's a world of difference between a guest on a radio show passing on some information he understands to a captive audience -- and me posting a link I believe people will be interested in on this forum.

But at least we get to talk about this instead of the topic at hand -- the relationship between Kelly and Baalke.

pehawk

Reaction score
I think the most important thing is we all try and make theEnglish feel really unwanted around here. God knows we don't need a guy who runs a fantastic blog, appears on dialed in Seahawks podcasts, and brings a journalistic professionalism to our site around.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, the 49ers have been a lot better when the HC hates Baalke than when the HC is a patsy for upper management. Perhaps this a good thing for the 49ers.

You can be bad or you can be boring , never be both.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well given Kelly's involvement with personal I can surmise it's probably how they have their draft board stacked and who Baalke wants and who Kelly wants, no surprises here considering the people involved, something most of us predicted would happen when he was hired.

Given that the rift may be just a disagreement over who Kelly likes more the Baalke for his system, something that happens in most drafts.

Probably a non story really at this juncture since they have yet to really get into any real practice sessions at real speed and pads for Kelly to know what he is really working with.

Seems like PFT and Florio feel the same way.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

McGruff

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":36di90d9 said:
Per Brian Baldinger...

975TheFanatic ‏@975TheFanatic Apr 14
“I already hear there’s problems in the building between Chip & Baalke” - @BaldyNFL

Well I don't know about anyone else -- but I'm absolutely shocked!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What on earth made the 49ers think this was a smart fit?

Now pass me my tiny violin in preparation for the NFC West mafia ploughing in crying about my latest indulgence in schadenfreude.

Let's see, a coach who doesn't get along with anyone and has worn through multiple jobs, and a GM who doesn't get along with anyone and has worn through multiple coaches.

Yeah, this is a totally shocking development.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":3e0ly6qh said:
SmokinHawk":3e0ly6qh said:
Marvin49":3e0ly6qh said:
chris98251":3e0ly6qh said:

In fairness to Jaws, he was talking about his potential based on his skillset and not saying he was ALREADY one of the greatest....but still.

Either way, you bought it hook, line and sinker, Marv.

Atradees

Reaction score
That coach didn't make Oregon. Oregon made that coach.

Thats my 2 cents. Dont know anything about Baalke- except that -he alienated his best coach and then his team jumped ship.