Eagles trade up to 2nd in draft

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
So lets compare

Titans dropped from 1 to 15 in this draft
They did also receive two 2nd round picks and a 3rd round then get the 1st and 3rd next year. Also gives up 4th and 6th this year

Browns only goes 2nd to 8th so better
They get 1st and 2nd next year so better than 1st and 3rd that Titans received.
They give up 4th this year vs giving up 4th and 6th
They get one 3rd round and 4th this year where Titans received two 2nd round

Overall I think Browns came out better....... thoughts?

Decimation

Reaction score
Browns won this trade. They receive:

2016 No. 8 overall
2016 third round pick
2016 fourth round pick
2017 first round pick
2018 second round pick

Pretty good trade for the Browns. Will they do anything with those picks? We'll see.

Obviously the Eagles are going for either Wentz or Goff. Guess that means bye to Sam Bradford!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12thbrah

Reaction score
Didn't the Eagles just sign Bradford for $18 million / year?

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Yes with $9.5M dead cap hit for next year ($22M this year)

Keep this year's qb on the bench with Bradford playing makes sense. If he does well then you trade him

kidhawk

Reaction score
so basically the Eagles and Rams who both looked to be desperately looking for qb help last year, are both basically admitting they didn't find what they were looking for and are now desperately seeking that same qb help this year.

Makes me so happy we were able to snag our qb without giving up an arm and a leg.

kearly

Reaction score
That's a lot to give up for Goff and Wentz.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
mikeak":3flg8nx7 said:
Yes with $9.5M dead cap hit for next year ($22M this year)

Keep this year's qb on the bench with Bradford playing makes sense. If he does well then you trade him

What is way worse in my opinion is having Daniel just signed..... I mean now they will have three QB's getting paid quite a bit of money

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia ... se-daniel/

I realize that Seattle was incredibly fortunate with RW and you can't plan to execute like that, but consider the unbelievable advantage we had. We paid Flynn and RW for 1 year and then basically RW and we paid closer to what Eagles is paying Daniel alone. They will pay large amounts for two additional guys.

It should completely screw up their salary cap for the future if they can't trade one of them

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kearly":3a1ch7by said:
That's a lot to give up for Goff and Wentz.
I know that many are assuming that it's for the QB's. But, does anyone know that for certain yet? What about the possibility of the Eagles moving up ahead of Dallas for Ezekiel Elliott? I would think that's a lot to give up for a RB esp how they are supposedly "devalued". But, Elliott is getting a lot of praise lately and hearing how he could be a franchise stabilizing back for 10 years.

Yeah, probably for the QB's. But, I guess we'll see.

pehawk

Reaction score
I'm assuming its Wentz. Actually, I hope it is Wentz since him sitting for a year or two is his best chance.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
pehawk":25qavezy said:
I'm assuming its Wentz. Actually, I hope it is Wentz since him sitting for a year or two is his best chance.
You mean sitting until Bradford goes down. Could be sooner than later. He's had a tough time with the injuries, but got through last season. Maybe there's hope for him.

pehawk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":10iersoh said:
pehawk":10iersoh said:
You mean sitting until Bradford goes down. Could be sooner than later. He's had a tough time with the injuries, but got through last season. Maybe there's hope for him.

True. I also have a feeling Pederson will not only be a great HC, but a great QB guy.

Odd that Doug Pederson, a journeyman 3rd stringer I used to reference randomly in my youth, is now a HC.

Now if only Dave Rutledge could nab a HC gig.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3t0aes8l said:
pehawk":3t0aes8l said:
Guessing Daniel takes over when Bradford gets hurt. Think Pederson is smart enough to sit a small school, small town guy (assuming it's Wentz) for a season.'

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
pehawk":3b6avn1s said:
TeamoftheCentury":3b6avn1s said:
pehawk":3b6avn1s said:

True. I also have a feeling Pederson will not only be a great HC, but a great QB guy.

Odd that Doug Pederson, a journeyman 3rd stringer I used to reference randomly in my youth is now a HC.
Yeah, I think he was on a path to a HC job at some point. But, you're right, back then we may not have guessed it.

Backup QB's make great Head Coaches. They're used to the sideline and what that job entails. T-Jack... inaugural Head Coach of the 2025 London Werewolves.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hmmm jump up for a position you don't really need at QB or maybe a Tackle, or they are making Romo play for another 10 years with his trick clavicle :)

Or they get Goff or Wentz then try to trade one of the other QB's and have a nice salary window.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
SeatownJay":vmixgfer said:
cdallan":vmixgfer said:
The Eagles are big stupids.
I dunno. It didn't take them nearly as long to figure out Sam Bradford isn't the answer at QB than it did the Rams.

Yeah but to figure it out after you give him a $36 million contract with about $22million guaranteed?

I get it they didn't know what would happen in this draft cycle and all that stuff but they put a lot of money in that position which means they have less money for FA market which means they need their draft picks.

Which they just gave away for this and next year......... the issue here is the double hit

You can argue that the Rams are in much better position with a really good defense and some very niece pieces on the offense. Why not risk it. But the Eagles have depleted their team over the last few years....