Brady: Four-game suspension reinstated

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I just saw it on CNN, Brady suspension upheld by court. Will miss four games. Now showing on NFL website

Barakas

Reaction score
Ahhh, this blows. NE is a team we all play this year, from the NFC West that is, but now the difficulty is going to be lop sided.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Barakas":2ei7onab said:
Ahhh, this blows. NE is a team we all play this year, from the NFC West that is, but now the difficulty is going to be lop sided.

Basically it means (assuming it stands and is enforced), Brady would miss the opener against the Cardinals, and that would be a slight advantage for them in the race for the division title. Of course if we just sweep the Cardinals then it's not a problem

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
They probably thought BraBra would retire so there would be no battle....but no....He had to wanna play...WAHHHHH.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Can't Brady just appeal this and draw out the process long enough to where he'll be retired/benched by the time he's finally obligated to serve his suspension?

Laloosh

Reaction score
I wonder how much money has been spent on this entire thing. I mean, I get that the NFL had to fight the initial decision because they can't continue to have their decisions overturned by you know, the law. It just makes me cringe to think how much money attorneys made over ball deflation.

kidhawk

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2d0owiia said:
Can't Brady just appeal this and draw out the process long enough to where he'll be retired/benched by the time he's finally obligated to serve his suspension?

They (the Players Union) can appeal to the full 2nd Circuit court or to the supreme court, but that's an expensive option. The NFL appeals have already been denied.

kearly

Reaction score
Not a surprise at all. Love it. Judge Berman went against historical precedent to rule in favor of Brady, and ignored a mountain of circumstantial evidence to do so. The appeals judges weren't so quick to overlook things like the suspect destroying his phone. Technically this wasn't putting Brady on trial, but the details of the case factored when determining if Goodell acted within his authority. Which he did.

It sucks that Brady would miss week 1 against AZ. But he might not, if he decides to attempt another appeal (difficult) or try to delay the suspension.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sounds like his restructure was a well thought out move.

NFLN was just saying that he'll only lose 200k vs 2 million with how is newest contract is written.
Not sure how that works but it sounds smart on TB's end.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Was watching the Celtics and Hawks game, saw lil Isaiah Thomas gettin busy and was happy for him (I still hate the Celtics) and then they panned the camera to hoody clapping and I got mad. Emotional cluster*&#%

Anyway, this is great! Screw that whole organization. Sincerely.

In regards to the Cards, we just need to mudhole them from go every game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kearly":33vrhqlu said:
It sucks that Brady would miss week 1 against AZ. But he might not, if he decides to attempt another appeal (difficult) or try to delay the suspension.

Brady can't NOT appeal. Not because he should, but because he's already five miles down this sanctimonious "golly gee I didn't do anything wrong I don't know why everyone's out to get me BS road he's paved for himself."

Frankly I don't even care anymore, I'm just tired of this whole thing. Suspend him, don't suspend him, JUST GET THE HELL OFF MY TV ALREADY.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1nvq9zbt said:
Not a surprise at all. Love it. Judge Berman went against historical precedent to rule in favor of Brady, and ignored a mountain of circumstantial evidence to do so. The appeals judges weren't so quick to overlook things like the suspect destroying his phone. Technically this wasn't putting Brady on trial, but the details of the case factored when determining if Goodell acted within his authority. Which he did.

You're literally the only person I saw who kept bringing up the possible suspension of Brady. Major props sir.