Chances of Luck not getting a contract extension/new deal?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Anyone think that Luck will get an extension before the season begins

I thought he would get one sooner in the offseason but right now still no contract to be had.

Do you guys think he might actually hit the market next year or get franchise tagged? He is now on his 5th year option with no new contract. Could be interesting if they let him play it out without a new contract.

Im not a huge fan of Luck, well moreso people that support luck without facts, but hearing how so many GMs blush and gush all over luck I will be shocked if he doesnt get more than Wilson got.

I think he MIGHT possibly be the first player to get 25 million which how much hype he has around the league but obviously depends on how he plays this year.

I think it would be pretty fun to see him as a free agent just to see how much teams would spend but we all know he will either get a long deal worth a ton of money with the colts or get tagged unfor :(

EDIT: I saw in an article that they hope to have him signed by early July....guess we might just have to wait and see til then if that is true. Wilson got his contract in july I believe so maybe same will apply in this case

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Colts will continue their demise by signing Luck to an outrageous deal for simply being "Luck". Luck will suck up a majority of the cap and he will continue to get pummeled by his below average line because he simply does not have Wilson's elusiveness. In fact, I think that the Colts are the only team that would make him the highest paid QB in the NFL. On the open market, I think he would get top 5 money but not the highest paid.

rcaido

Reaction score
The hype of luck is real...He will be the highest paid by the Colts & im sure all the other dumb gms will give that money too.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If he doesn't get signed I wouldn'tind bringing him in as the backup. Prone to interceptions but could maybe learn something playing behind Russ.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Luck needs to learn from Rapistbuger thats the only way that will work for him in long run..

OP
OP
WilsonMVP

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
JSeahawks":vh1aglgk said:
If he doesn't get signed I wouldn'tind bringing him in as the backup. Prone to interceptions but could maybe learn something playing behind Russ.

10/10 post right here :th2thumbs:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
storm74":l2d3hsyh said:
On the open market, I think he would get top 5 money but not the highest paid.

Not a chance. Luck would easily get the highest paid contract. This is the same league that just saw Brock Osweiler get 18M a year .. Luck would get 25+ without much effort

mikeak

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1nevxu06 said:
storm74":1nevxu06 said:

Not a chance. Luck would easily get the highest paid contract. This is the same league that just saw Brock Osweiler get 18M a year .. Luck would get 25+ without much effort

Agree which is why Colts will let him play out this contract then franchise him... Cheaper than what he would demand on the market. Then sign him to a 5 year deal

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
storm74":252b6is8 said:
Colts will continue their demise by signing Luck to an outrageous deal for simply being "Luck". Luck will suck up a majority of the cap and he will continue to get pummeled by his below average line because he simply does not have Wilson's elusiveness. In fact, I think that the Colts are the only team that would make him the highest paid QB in the NFL. On the open market, I think he would get top 5 money but not the highest paid.

The only team? I doubt it. Brock Osweiler anyone?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
mikeak":gscbv4j5 said:
Hasselbeck":gscbv4j5 said:
storm74":gscbv4j5 said:

Agree which is why Colts will let him play out this contract then franchise him... Cheaper than what he would demand on the market. Then sign him to a 5 year deal

Yep. Considering that Luck franchise tag is the APY of the top 5 QBs and he's going to likely be the top paid QB, no reason to not get another year of a look and still have that hanging over him.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1j5c8zcy said:

I'm gonna steal this so I can troll people on other message boards.

soohawk

Reaction score
Brees is scheduled to make 30 million this season

The colts traditionally made peyton manning play out his entire contracts before negotiating his new ones, therefore it was a new shift in modus operandi when Irsay said last fall that he will resign Luck before his contract is finished i.e. add more years with the last one from his deal now and the first in his next deal. He also stated that he will get this done in early July...I can see him announcing the deal on independence day for his fans to enjoy another ripple to the patriotic holiday :)

kobebryant

Reaction score
If I'm Luck I'm in no hurry to commit myself to that organization long-term.

Grigson and Irsay are donkeys that could help to derail a once very promising career by continuing to put crap around him. Luck should wait to see a legit vision and commitment to success from the organization.

Play out the contract, play on the franchise tag, and then walk for major money to a more competent organization.

Though Luck also strikes me as the high intellectual/worldly type who may see pro sports as largely unimportant, not want to risk further damage to his brain, and seek to begin really living his life and exploring other interests. He doesn't strike me as a football lifer who needs the game. And that's no critique of Luck, just an observation that he probably views pro sports in its proper context.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Luck will get the biggest QB deal ever. Count on it. Anybody who says different is a glue sniffer.

chris98251

Reaction score
Irsay already has stated that, problem is if they could not build a team around him when his salary was reasonable then who will they when it's much higher, they will end up with a team that is just miss at best and end up doing a cut him like Manning at some point.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Scottemojo":8ca6qa9f said:
Luck will get the biggest QB deal ever. Count on it. Anybody who says different is a glue sniffer.

and Luck has proven exactly what? He obviously can take a lot of hits. Personally, I think if someone signs him to the highest deal ever, they are the glue sniffers.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
fenderbender123":22artpdv said:
JSeahawks":22artpdv said:

I'm gonna steal this so I can troll people on other message boards.

I think I am gonna try this out too.....Great idea Fender.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
storm74":2u4a6404 said:
Scottemojo":2u4a6404 said:

and Luck has proven exactly what? He obviously can take a lot of hits. Personally, I think if someone signs him to the highest deal ever, they are the glue sniffers.
I never said he was worth it.

If Luck hits the open market, he gets interest from at least 20 teams. His giant paycheck is going to be driven by that fact. His big payday is a result of market forces, not a result of his pelts on the wall.

OP
OP
WilsonMVP

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
storm74":xqoapv94 said:
Scottemojo":xqoapv94 said:

Because both GMs and alot of NFL fans STILL think Luck is a top 5 QB. He is probably the number 1 player that has lived off his hype from the draft in NFL history. Believe it or not ALOT and i mean ALOT of people would STILL pick Luck over Wilson :roll: