Hahahahaha. Dallas Jonese's it with the 4th pick

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
No reflection on you cuz you're an excellent poster, but why do you feel Elliot is a bad pick when by all accounts he's a better RB than DeMarco who ran for like 1600 behind that line?

randomation

Reaction score
I like the Elliot pick for them but I would have taken Ramsey their secondary is rather putrid.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Largent80":z0mud9gg said:
That line was SHITE last year.

With absolutely zero pass game without Romo and Dez, opposing teams were putting 9 men in the box...no offensive line would have looked good in the run game and the QB made the pass game nonexistent.

Elliot was a great pick for them. D-line is deep in this draft and Elliot is special...so they say.

A

Anonymous

So, I guess you thought the RB was a bad pick?

Kid can ball. I think it was the best player on the board.

Well, except for that tackle... and that DE... and that...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hate to say it as an avid Cowboys hater but that's a very solid choice. Even a flaming idiot could pick well at #4 in this draft.
If I were a fan of Jerruh's kids though I would have preferred defense. The kid ain't winning a Super Bowl at Dallas though. :D

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Dallas desperately needs to build their defense, especially their secondary, and Jalen Ramsey was there for the taking. Can you imagine how good he would look with Skandrick?

Instead they went for the splash player in Elliott. No doubt he will have success behind that line, but so would just about any of the top five or so backs in the draft. Maybe he takes a little more pressure off of Romo than the others, but probably won't have the reputation to really do so for a couple of years.

It's such a Jones move to ignore the real needs of your team and go after the splash player. I hate the pick not because I think Elliott isn't a good player, but because it doesn't address what Dallas really needs as a team.

HahahHahahaha

Oh, since I like my crows baked in a pie like blackbirds I'm guessing four and twenty?

-bsd

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One of the biggest weaknesses on the Cowboys was a crappy RB.

They now have one of the better ones.

That makes them much harder to beat, even with a crappy QB.

Not sure how you could call that a bad pick. Maybe the guy has terrible fashion sense but he can run the hell out of that ball.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought it was a good pick. Ramsey wouldn't have helped the Dallas defense as much as Elliott would have helped their offense.

Safe pick is a dangerous term, but Elliott strikes me as one of the likeliest draft picks to help his team.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I hate the Cowboys, but really like this pick. The two headed monster of Morris and Zeke will be interesting to watch.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3qucv28a said:

Not sure how you could call that a bad pick. Maybe the guy has terrible fashion sense but he can run the hell out of that ball.
If you think Romo is a crappy qb you are truly lost. The only thing crappy about him is that he's on the sidelines with injuries half the time.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":7lve5cpe said:
TwistedHusky":7lve5cpe said:

If you think Romo is a crappy qb you are truly lost. The only thing crappy about him is that he's on the sidelines with injuries half the time.
....and his ability to choke in big games.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":22nhf7u9 said:
5_Golden_Rings":22nhf7u9 said:
TwistedHusky":22nhf7u9 said:

....and his ability to choke in big games.

He does? I've never seen anyone give him the Heimlich.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I love Elliott but it was a bad pick. You could of had Ramsey and Henry or someone else in the 2nd or even third. If you have an all world line you don't need an all world RB. Elliott doesn't really help them all that much but Ramsey would of. Numberfire.com just wrote an excellent article explaining why it was bad. He will be fun to watch behind that line thats for sure.