Tunsil

rlkats

Reaction score
So after the 5 year old weed pic. How far does he drop? And would you be willing to take a flier on him? Personally I would. A top 5 talent could fall very low. I wuld put a part in the contract where he must stay clean or be cut with no pay.

OP
OP
rlkats

rlkats

Reaction score
Well good for the Dolphins. Damn good player. He looked sad as hell. Now keep clean.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Ray Lewis dropped because of weed too.

People that chose not to pick him ended up regretting that one bigtime.

I am pretty upset we didn't make a play for him.

He wouldn't have been Walter Jones Part II but he would have been amazing.

Certainly worth whatever it cost to trade up to 11.

chris98251

Reaction score
Some guy named Warren Sapp had a few red flags also, it worked out for him, if you have talent you can mature, can't grow the talent after the fact.

kearly

Reaction score
There was speculation over the past week that Tunsil was going to slide in the draft. This probably only cost him a few spots.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I had started to hope he might slide all the way to 26 (like an Aaron Rodgers type of free-fall).

That dream quickly died, but it was fun while it lasted.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Now the Dolphins cancelled Tunsil's presser due to "allergic reactions."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15428 ... conference

Yeah, allergic to getting asked 200 gasmask bong questions.

Why don't teams just tell the truth? Why insult everyone's intelligence with lame excuses? Who would object to the Dolphin's just saying "listen, we love our draft pick, we think Laremy's going to be a great player for us for a long time, but we don't want this to turn into a circus show about legal matters and phone hacking. So we're not having a presser today."

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Except the pictures are close to 4 years old.

Of a college kid.

Want to bet there are not worse pictures of CEOs laying around? I have friends who started in startups when Silicon Valley was just starting to pop, and he has stories about Kawasaki and Ellison that are easily going to beat this.

Particularly stories of Ellison chasing chicks down the street with his pants down to his ankles.

Also I know a very respected, very accomplished FBI agent I trained with back in the day. He has done tremendous work since then, I even recall him having a character in a very well known spy novel that was based on him. But my main memory of him was seeing him chase a naked midget stripper down the street while he was high on weed with after setting his pubic hair on fire. Watching a 310lb former body builder with his junk on fire chasing a little naked chick down the road is far worse than this gas mask thing. But he went on to great things.

I get we all care so much that they are smoking weed, because they clearly as college kids should be living life running plays in their spare time on their iPad.

But the scrutiny is blatant hypocrisy. I don't smoke but I saw plenty of very accomplished, well known people in the business community that were just fine with popping out some herb at a party - that does not even count college.

As long as the kid is running around taking the stuff that Ragnar Lothbrok is taking on the TV show, I could care less. Don't beat kids, animals or women. Play great football and make those around you great. Follow the rules once you start getting a paycheck.

The rest I don't care about because half the people that are calling him out for this crap did it themselves at some point, maybe sans gas mask - but the sanctimony? Please.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The video doesn't look five years old to me. Rapoport is just a mouth-piece for agents, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's just relaying the spin from Tunsil's camp. Besides the sharp quality of the phone video and his non-16 y/o appearance, look at the confederate flag on the wall. You think that's up somewhere in Florida (where he grew up) or Mississippi (where he went to college)?

That said, I don't think it's a big deal.

Latest posts