Jacksonville Jaguars

jake206

Reaction score
Man they are going to be a fun team to watch next year.... Stacked.

Basis4day

Reaction score
jake206":1jckk0z7 said:

They get Dante Fowler back this year too.

pehawk

Reaction score
Agreed.

Their trajectory reminds me of Holmgrens Seahawks. I'd say last season was their 2003.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I could care less about Jacksonville. I just don't get rooting for other teams. They are ALL the enemy my team.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yeah they will be a fun team to watch. Their roster is at the point that if they don't make the playoffs they will be a disappointment and Bradley will start feeling the hot seat.

I hope they do well though.

RedAlice

Reaction score
jake206":27v95nqc said:

oh, yeah.

London's gonna love them. I think outside of our division, I am most interested in watching them.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Jacksonville's been my second favorite team since their beginning when they had former Husky Mark Brunell at QB. I hope their talent finally translates into success on the field. Nothing (non-Seahawk related) would make me happier than seeing the Jags beating the Snot out of Luck and the Ponies.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I drafted Big Ben as my QB in fantasy last year. Ben went down early in the year and I was able to pick up Bortles.

Dude saved my season and I rode him to being regular season Champ.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1wtt6gtu said:
I drafted Big Ben as my QB in fantasy last year. Ben went down early in the year and I was able to pick up Bortles.

Do people really care about this stuff? Serious question .

pehawk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":ssnntz1a said:
Tech Worlds":ssnntz1a said:

Do people really care about this stuff? Serious question .

Football fans don't. "12's (girl voice)" and FFL players/fans do.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If they had hired Bevell, they would be even better.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":heid1i85 said:
If they had hired Bevell, they would be even better.

I agree and hate you for saying that.

Jags have zero excuses now. I think like Holmgrens Hawks they'll win when they're supposed to and never when they're not.

Tical21

Reaction score
They've been my adopted second team ever since Brunell. Fred Taylor is behind Deion/Bo as my favorite non-local athlete ever. They've always been my Madden darkhorse team when I get sick of using the Hawks. They're going to be really fun to watch.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm pulling for Gus too. He's such a great person, and great coach. Thank you Monte Kiffin.

I've enjoyed watching Jacksonville, Brunell, and the early Coughlin. They were relevant fairly quickly. It's one of the 2 stadiums I've actually watched a game in (WV vs Fl State bowl game a long time ago). and I like their colors.

Wishing them luck and hope they win the division so I can laugh when drunkard owner cleans house again.

And watching the clips of all the coaches talking to their 1st round picks, Gus was the only one that sounded sincerely excited. He's a real man of integrity, and I think he learned a lot from Pete. The polar opposite? Jeff Fisher. Wow did he sound disinterested when handed the phone. And he made everyone in the room clap for the 1st round pick. Absolute phony.

In Case You Missed It:

THE JOHN CLAYTON SHOW

John catches up with Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley

ORIGINALLY AIRED: SATURDAY, APRIL 09, 2016

John catches up with Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... ton%20Show

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Loved watching them last year...also my 2nd favorite team.

I think there will be a lot of unfair expectations heaped upon them. The Colts and Texans should both be better than last year, so while the Jaguars should win between 7-9 games, I'd have a hard time seeing them make the playoffs. But 7-9 wins for them would still be pointing in the right direction, and would have them primed to take over the South for years to come.

kearly

Reaction score
It takes more than a couple of impact players to fix a defense. And Bortles is more of a stat monster QB than an efficient one.

They had a DVOA of -16 last year. So even with a pretty big leap, up to say a DVOA of 0, that would put them on the same footing as the 2015 Raiders.

In other words, I think the hype is a bit too early for Jacksonville. I think they will top out around 2015 Vikings levels in a few years, but next year they will probably be a middling team that misses the playoffs.

The Texans are probably going to win the south. They've added a mountain of talent on offense to put around Osweiler. If Osweiler can lead the offense to just be average, the Texans will probably end up as a 10+ win team. Tyler Ervin is going to give their special teams a nice boost as well.