[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/status/726906715577311232[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/726909525098287104[/tweet]

I want him.

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
Get him next to Ifedi to teach him the ropes. Suddenly we have a solid O-line.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
How much dough does this guy get?Since our cap isn't all that good right now due to ML not retiring yet.

Basis4day

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1rrjh8id said:
How much dough does this guy get?Since our cap isn't all that good right now due to ML not retiring yet.

It benefits the team that the papers are not in right now.

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
Basis4day":3qioeegx said:
IndyHawk":3qioeegx said:

Yeah, but I'd imagine signing Kearse has to hurt our chances at least a little bit.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Maybe ADB and a few others will wait until next year until they get new contracts.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
oasis":3ekzhoqy said:
Yeah, but I'd imagine signing Kearse has to hurt our chances at least a little bit.

Lol - so did signing everyone else in the past 5 years.

Basis4day

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3lkzei8t said:
oasis":3lkzei8t said:

Lol - so did signing everyone else in the past 5 years.

Yeah. I think it's a mistake to look at any single signing as the reason we can't make moves. The team values Kearse and paid him. It was no secret that vets from other teams would get released later.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
oasis":3v8w6pbo said:
Basis4day":3v8w6pbo said:
IndyHawk":3v8w6pbo said:

:lol:

Really? That's the signing you identify? The cheap WR (and he was cheap if you look at other signing) we need?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Anyway I would LOVE Slauson .. he's a great fit for the ZBS as well.

Here was his scouting report coming out of college

STRENGTHS Positives: Good height with strong upper- and lower-body builds. Strong anchor; typically does not get pushed into quarterback. Gets his hands inside his man's jersey quickly and resets his hands to sustain. Picks up twists from the inside. Fires out of his stance on zone run and short-yardage plays. Will hustle to help quarterback when the play breaks down. Adequate moving in space; can reach linebackers and even safeties at the third level. Strong enough to block down on the tackle but use his right arm to prevent linebackers from blitzing between guard-tackle gap.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
An interesting name to keep an eye on for sure. I wonder if the Hawks have enough money left to bring him in.

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
All I'm saying is Kearse feels more like a luxury pick compared to core re-signings -- and luxury picks affect the small amount of cap space we have. Face it, fellas. If we don't sign Slauson, we can all comfortably blame our beloved homegrown WR
Tumblr inline muhln4bFEh1rymbrg

Basis4day

Reaction score
oasis":1shx0lto said:
All I'm saying is Kearse feels more like a luxury pick compared to core re-signings -- and luxury picks affect the small amount of cap space we have. Face it, fellas. If we don't sign Slauson, we can all comfortably blame our beloved homegrown WR

For starters, you're assuming we're interested in him. If we don't sign him, it can be as simple as we didn't want him.

To me, this is a straw man argument.

Will every available player we don't sign be because we signed Kearse to a very reasonable deal?

Assume for a moment that Slausen can be had for 1 year on his expected cap number with the bears in 2015 (approx 3.4 Million).

The Seahawks currently have 3.4 million in dead money. Instead of placing the blame on Kearse, you could blame the signings of Cary Williams, Terry Poole, Kevin Norwood, Christine Michael, Clint Gresham, Obum Gwatchum, Eric Pinkins, Ryan Murphy, Triston Wade, Keenan Lambert, Quayshawn Nealy, Jesse Davis, Ronald Martin, Rod Smith, Alex Singleton and Nate Boyer. These signings don't affect our ability to sign Slausen?

It won't be because of 3.4 million between recently re-signed players like Jeremy Lane? Rubin? Wilson? Avril? Wagner?

It's ONLY because of Kearse?

All signings affect the cap.

OP
OP
O

oasis

Reaction score
Basis4day":2k50nigb said:
oasis":2k50nigb said:

For starters, you're assuming we're interested in him. If we don't sign him, it can be as simple as we didn't want him.

Will every available player we don't sign be because we signed Kearse to a very reasonable deal?

Assume for a moment that Slausen can be had for 1 year on his expected cap number with the bears in 2015 (approx 3.4 Million).

The Seahawks currently have 3.4 million in dead money. Instead of placing the blame on Kearse, you could blame the signings of Cary Williams, Terry Poole, Kevin Norwood, Christine Michael, Clint Gresham, Obum Gwatchum, Eric Pinkins, Ryan Murphy, Triston Wade, Keenan Lambert, Quayshawn Nealy, Jesse Davis, Ronald Martin, Rod Smith, Alex Singleton and Nate Boyer. These signings don't affect our ability to sign Slausen?

It won't be because of 3.4 million between recently re-signed players like Jeremy Lane? Rubin? Wilson? Avril? Wagner?

The non-core players you listed were signed for peanuts. Kearse had a three-year 13.5 million dollar contract. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Basis4day

Reaction score
oasis":3xbjf6it said:
Basis4day":3xbjf6it said:
oasis":3xbjf6it said:

The non-core players you listed were signed for peanuts. Kearse had a three-year 13.5 million dollar contract. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Again. I'm asking you to assume that Slausen can be had for 3.4 million dollars on a 1 year deal (His cap number for 2016 had he stayed on the bears).

While individually those players are signed for "peanuts", collectively they take up the exact amount of cap space needed to sign Slausen in my hypothetical. Yet, if i'm reading you correctly, Kearse is THE reason that we are prevented from signing him.

How is it not equally the fault of the dead money? Why are you cherry-picking Kearse?