Peter King on Jerry Jones regretting the no-deal for Lynch

Joyodongo

Reaction score
It is not rare to see Jerry Jones open a vein and bleed, and emote. It is rare, though, for one of the most decisive men in the football business, a man who has made his living in oil and gas and football making hard decisions, to not pull the trigger when he thinks the trigger should be pulled. Dallas wouldn’t increase its offer to Seattle from second-round and fourth-round picks to second and third-rounders, and that’s what lost Lynch. Eighteen hours after losing Lynch, the regret was chewing on Jones.

“I’m not gonna go jump from Dallas’s tallest, so let’s put this in perspective,” said Jones, pausing for a few minutes in his day-two draft prep at the Cowboys’ complex. “And I live with second-guessing and disappointments. That’s a part of this business. But if I had to do it all over again? I’d give the three.”

Interesting, it would've been a huuuuge bounty and maybe could've picked Ifedi anyway, and if not Spriggs would've been here.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I would rather have Lynch retire as a Hawk than do a deal with the devil.

Joygazm

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":9ycsv70y said:

This is a reference to Paxton Lunch and the Draft Day no Trade, between the Seahawks and the Cowboys.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
So, this at least clears up why JS did the trade with Denver for a 1 & lower 3 than Dallas. The news we got during the draft was that Dallas offered more than Denver, but JS decided to trade with Denver anyway and we all debated as to why. The truth ends up that Seahawks were asking for a 2 and 3, but Dallas only offered a 2 and 4. Sort of hilarious that we speculated on misinformation. Waste of time, though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":1feqjwxh said:
So, this at least clears up why JS did the trade with Denver for a 1 & lower 3 than Dallas. The news we got during the draft was that Dallas offered more than Denver, but JS decided to trade with Denver anyway and we all debated as to why. The truth ends up that Seahawks were asking for a 2 and 3, but Dallas only offered a 2 and 4. Sort of hilarious that we speculated on misinformation. Waste of time, though.
Yep, and Mr. Frequent Facelift now regrets not offering a 3rd. Too bad, so sad! 8)

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":d64y41i2 said:
Hawk_Nation":d64y41i2 said:
SeatownJay":d64y41i2 said:
Hawk_Nation":d64y41i2 said:
Paxton, not Marshawn.

Well damn.

Don't feel bad, I was confused too.

Initially I thought this was about Jerry Jones regretting not giving up a 3rd rounder for Marshawn back when he was on the trading block with the Bills.

Jville

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":10x5ga6v said:

As I recall, the misinformation about an alleged better offer from Dallas was created here at .net in draft day threads.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Jville":18df5gqt said:
TeamoftheCentury":18df5gqt said:

As I recall, the misinformation about an alleged better offer from Dallas was created here at .net in draft day threads.
Hmmm... the scene of the crime is in the rear view mirror, but I seem to remember hearing that speculated on one of the two networks covering the draft. There were talking heads somewhere discussing it, IIRC. So, while we're capable, I don't think were culpable in this case.

Jville

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3l4zfhni said:
Jville":3l4zfhni said:
TeamoftheCentury":3l4zfhni said:

Hmmm... the scene of the crime is in the rear view mirror, but I seem to remember hearing that speculated on one of the two networks covering the draft. There were talking heads somewhere discussing it, IIRC. So, while we're capable, I don't think were culpable in this case.

Your recall is valid. I do recall pointing out in a draft day post that there is a difference in what Jerry says to different audiences. i.e. JS verses the media. But of course, I got run over and ignored, as the herd was already off and running with the buzz of misinformation. This seems to be a reoccurring theme with Jerry Jones. It certainly helps keep him and his team in the spot light .... which I suppose is the value of such misinformation.

naholmes

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is a liar. First he said they offered a second and third and didn't hear back from Seattle. Now he's saying that he wished they offered a second and third. He should be kicking himself because Romo will not play forever and without him that team is in Cleveland Browns territory.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/ ... -nfl-draft

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SeatownJay":17kcu0fg said:
Hawk_Nation":17kcu0fg said:
Paxton, not Marshawn.
If thats the case damn. You could argue it both ways. I'm good with not helping Dallas whatever the possible cost. Flat out the wrong draft to do so in our particular position.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Jville":3wbqo1vy said:
TeamoftheCentury":3wbqo1vy said:
Jville":3wbqo1vy said:
TeamoftheCentury":3wbqo1vy said:

Your recall is valid. I do recall pointing out in a draft day post that there is a difference in what Jerry says to different audiences. i.e. JS verses the media. But of course, I got run over and ignored, as the herd was already off and running with the buzz of misinformation. This seems to be a reoccurring theme with Jerry Jones. It certainly helps keep him and his team in the spot light .... which I suppose is the value of such misinformation.
Oh, I remember. I was the first to reply to your post... and with a compliment. You brought up a good point (my exact words.) I did see that you got run over. I got tire marks on me as well. That has since been "cleaned" by a moderator.