NFC West Draft Grades

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ex-Niner and Seahawk who hates the Niners gives Seahawks better draft grade. Shocker.

Honestly tho...is there a more pointless endeavor than draft grades? Good or bad, they mean nothing. I'm not just saying this because Niners got a C from NFL Network either as I see a number of people giving the Niners an A...and thats kinda the entire point. People just making stuff up for the most part and NOBODY knows how it'll turn out for 3 or 4 years.

sutz

Reaction score
Marvin49":1kkmat9g said:
Honestly tho...is there a more pointless endeavor than draft grades?

Maybe commenting on and arguing about draft grades? :laugh:

Hey, I personally think that all draft grades that rate my team high are great. Those that diss my team suck.

:rofl:

OP
OP
hoxrox

hoxrox

Reaction score
Marvin49":xeg6hh5r said:
Ex-Niner and Seahawk who hates the Niners gives Seahawks better draft grade. Shocker.

Honestly tho...is there a more pointless endeavor than draft grades? Good or bad, they mean nothing. I'm not just saying this because Niners got a C from NFL Network either as I see a number of people giving the Niners an A...and thats kinda the entire point. People just making stuff up for the most part and NOBODY knows how it'll turn out for 3 or 4 years.

Agreed - draft grades don't mean much. But whether Baalke is drafting first team all pros or first round busts, Mike Rob is saying the 9ers are having issues developing their players. That's an institutional problem that goes beyond players requesting trades, suddenly retiring or otherwise bemoaning the organization.

As such, I think we have pretty good indication of how it'll turn out in 3 or 4 years.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3gr77l9w said:
Marvin49":3gr77l9w said:
Honestly tho...is there a more pointless endeavor than draft grades?

Mock drafts.

Eh, I've never done a mock draft in my life (nor will I ever do one), but at least with mock drafts you get some pretty immediate pay off and can evaluate pretty quickly how right or wrong you were.

It's kinda silly, but not NEARLY as silly as grading drafts right after they happen, IMO.

IIRC half of the top 10 picks from 2013 didn't even have their fifth year options picked up. The same will probably be true down the line for this draft.

Remember how ga-ga draft graders were over the Hawks landing Aaron Curry, the purported safest pick in his class?

Did any draft graders put the Seahawks draft through the roof for taking Sherman?

In the 9ers 2014 draft graders gave them tons of love for snagging Marcus Martin, Brandon Thomas, and Trey Millard, but slammed them for taking Aaron Lynch.

The whole thing could be more pointless.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hoxrox":31epey2q said:
Marvin49":31epey2q said:

Agreed - draft grades don't mean much. But whether Baalke is drafting first team all pros or first round busts, Mike Rob is saying the 9ers are having issues developing their players. That's an institutional problem that goes beyond players requesting trades, suddenly retiring or otherwise bemoaning the organization.

As such, I think we have pretty good indication of how it'll turn out in 3 or 4 years.

I don't even disagree with that and I think thats a big reason Harbaugh and Tomsula aren't the coaches anymore.

Thats not to say I AGREE with them, but I think part of the reason they let Harbaugh go was that they thought some of the draft picks weren't developing as well as they'd like. That was one of the reasons York said he "wanted a teacher" before they began the coaching search that ended with Tomsula.

Hindsight of course would show how foolish that hiring was, but that was still a piece of why Harbaugh is gone.

Will all that improve with Kelly? I don't have the first clue. I'm not wildly impressed with the assistants on D outside of the D-Line coach and was sad to hear Hardy Nickerson got away when Lovie got a HC gig.

FInally tho...I don't think Robinson was talking about the coaching when he gave that grade. I tsaw that as a separate comment based on all the picks the Niner have made over the past few years.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
More nonsense from Marvin.

Harbaugh left San Fran for one reason and one reason only. He and Baalke were having a dick measuring contest and Jed York chose his boy. Simple as that.

If Harbaugh wasn't developing players why were the players perennially awful until he arrived and then suddenly... NFC Championships and winning.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":wz6xheyl said:
More nonsense from Marvin.

Harbaugh left San Fran for one reason and one reason only. He and Baalke were having a dick measuring contest and Jed York chose his boy. Simple as that.

If Harbaugh wasn't developing players why were the players perennially awful until he arrived and then suddenly... NFC Championships and winning.

I know reading comprehension isn't really your bag, but this post doesn't contradict anything Marvin said.

He even put the key word in all caps to try to clarify his point way back in the English cheap seats.

That "Harbaugh wasn't developing talent" is undeniably a story they told themselves when they let him go. (although TBF this was as much about assistant coaches as it was about players for them).

Either way, Marvin wasn't claiming if this was true or not. Rather, he was pointing out that it's a story they told themselves.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
It's a nice attempt to cover Marvin's arse, Popeye.

He's an apologist for anything Niners related. At least he doesn't hide that. Your motivation is unclear and can only be judged as worm-like, slithering from thread to thread creating straw man arguments and claiming you're abandoning your team to follow someone else.

Marvin49":crev2xto said:
I think part of the reason they let Harbaugh go was that they thought some of the draft picks weren't developing as well as they'd like. That was one of the reasons York said he "wanted a teacher" before they began the coaching search that ended with Tomsula.

Hindsight of course would show how foolish that hiring was, but that was still a piece of why Harbaugh is gone.

It was not a piece of why Harbaugh is gone. We all know why Harbaugh is gone.

He wanted power.

Baalke had it.

Jed York chose his boy Baalke.

Simple as that. Nob all to do with 'developing players'. All to do with replacing Harbaugh with a yes man in Tomsula.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ROFL.

I pointed out that you were yelling at clouds and going after another poster because you couldn't make out the difference between making Marvin making a claim himself versus simply restating what York and Baalke believed.

I then pointed out that he was kind enough to even signal the clear difference between these things by putting the key word in all caps.

Now you respond by quoting Marvin's post again, starting from the middle of a sentence, which conveniently leaves out the first half of the sentence with the all caps I was talking about clarifying the difference.

:lol: :lol:

Unreal.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Another pointless strawman from Popeye.

Isn't there a Steelers or Raiders forum or something? Isn't that who you follow now since you abandoned the Niners?

Worst poster on the forum by a mile.

Maulbert

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1h941eo7 said:
Another pointless strawman from Popeye.

Isn't there a Steelers or Raiders forum or something? Isn't that who you follow now since you abandoned the Niners?

Worst poster on the forum by a mile.

NINEster gives him a run for his money.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":309oc341 said:
ROFL.

I pointed out that you were yelling at clouds and going after another poster because you couldn't make out the difference between making Marvin making a claim himself versus simply restating what York and Baalke believed.

I then pointed out that he was kind enough to even signal the clear difference between these things by putting the key word in all caps.

Now you respond by quoting Marvin's post again, starting from the middle of a sentence, which conveniently leaves out the first half of the sentence with the all caps I was talking about clarifying the difference.

:lol: :lol:

Unreal.

I appreciate the effort Popeye, but really...don't bother. It's pointless. There is a reason I have him on ignore.

His only purpose is to intentionally misconstrue anything that I say so he can point and laugh as if he's actually addressed anything I said. Its just trolling...plain and simple.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":oenv97ww said:
"Mom! The Seahawks fans are picking on me again!"

Deary me. No wonder the 49ers franchise is such an absolute shambles.

Look at these two.

Imagine if a pair of Seahawks fans were on webzone acting like Popeye and Marvin. Imagine how cringey and embarrassing that would be.

They follow their team (well, Popeye did until he decided to stop being a Niners fan because they aren't very good any more) in the way Jed York runs it.

They deserve each other.

Isn't it great? :lol: :lol: :lol:

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":135wh53w said:
He's an apologist for anything Niners related. At least he doesn't hide that. Your motivation is unclear and can only be judged as worm-like, slithering from thread to thread creating straw man arguments and claiming you're abandoning your team to follow someone

Kinda got smoked there, pops.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":xjgaz7f6 said:

Agreed, I have seen people rank the Niners as a B+ and the Seahawks a C- , The Rams A and Cards C+,

It's all over the board, most don't know what each team is trying to do, most just base things on Player Rankings and when they picked and if a team filled a perceived need. They forget the Redshirting, they ignore systems in place and how a player may be used etc.