NFL UDFA Signings

xgeoff

Reaction score
I was pretty jazzed about the Seahawks bringing Trevone Boykin and Vernon Adams in as undrafted free agents to compete for backup QB positions. I'm also intrigued with Tanner McEvoy, who can play S and TE. Thought I would go through the rest of the NFL UDFA Signings and pull out players who I think are interesting signings.

The list of NFL UDFA's is here http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/4/30/1 ... raft-udfas

Buffalo Bills

FB Glenn Gronkowski, Kansas State
-- Baby Gronk. Was surprised nobody through a 7th round pick at the guy.

Denver Broncos

WR Bralon Addison, Oregon
-- This guy did not impress at the combine, but his game film showed a shifty playmaker with good game speed. Thought he would make a good slot receiver in the NFL>

Oakland Raiders

OL Denver Kirkland, Arkansas
-- This guy was actually my favorite offensive lineman in the draft. I think most teams passed on him because of his body type and measureables. He's a big, widebody guy with no speed. But he's agile, plays with power, and seems active throughout play until the whistle blows.

WR Jaydon Mickens, Washington
-- Another guy who I think could be very successful as a slot type receiver. Doesn't have great size but is fast and agile.

Carolina Panthers

LB Jared Norris, Utah
-- I was at the UW game against Utah and this guy was making tackles all over the field. Am surprised nobody took a late round flyer on him but his measureables are not great. I don't think he has any chance of cracking the Carolina starting lineup but I wouldn't be surprised if he became a backup to Kuechly and Davis.

Los Angeles Rams

WR Paul McRoberts, SE Missouri
-- Smooth, tall athlete with tremendous hands. Doesn't have very good speed but not awful either. Reminded me a bit of Allen Robinson in that he is smooth but not fast, has good hands and goes up and gets the high balls.

San Francisco 49ers

WR Devon Cajuste, Stanford
-- Hybrid WR/TE who I thought could fit nicely in our scheme. Is supposed to be an excellent blocker. Has great size at 6'4" 234 lbs and still runs a 4.55 40.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on Norris. I have personally never watched even one clip of him. Keyarris Garrett and Jeremy Cash appear on the surface to have a far greater chance to make the team and contribute for the Panthers.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Kudos for your Norris prediction. He made the Panthers 53 man roster. Garrett (5th rounder Sanchez and 7th rounder Sandland) did not.