ESPN fires Cris Carter and Ray Lewis

Largent80

Reaction score
They could fire all of them and I wouldn't care because I don't listen to sports talk.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
wonder if it had anything to do with Ray Lewis's kid being charged with sex assault...then again I guess Ray did get away with murder after ratting on his buddies....

rideaducati

Reaction score
They are getting rid of guys that made ESPN unwatchable... I might have to take a new look this year. There were three guys that turned me away. Blount, Murderer Lewis, and Dilhole being gone is addition by subtraction. They wouldn't even need to replace them to have better programming.

kearly

Reaction score
Moss has always struck me as smart and well spoken.

I'll miss Carter and Lewis. Carter was in his element on ESPN so his being let go is a surprise. Lewis is a one of a kind guy with a lot of life experience and wisdom to draw off of.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
I can't believe none of you have mentioned Skip Bayless yet. I understand it's mostly schtick but he sucks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RobDaHawk":26pgtnqk said:
I can't believe none of you have mentioned Skip Bayless yet. I understand it's mostly schtick but he sucks.
He was mentioned up thread but I never take him seriously because he's just a sports themed shock jock. All flash no substance and all about controversial opinion.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Getting Hasselbeck Woodson and Moss (who has been excellent so far) in while Ditka, Dilfer and Carter leave is a really good move in the right direction IMO. Hopefully, doubtfully, Berman is soon to follow.

A

Anonymous

I like Berman. The running-out-of wind voice adds something.

Also like Tom Jackson. I miss the old version of NFL Primetime. Best highlight show EVER.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":338h0pdm said:
RobDaHawk":338h0pdm said:
He was mentioned up thread but I never take him seriously because he's just a sports themed shock jock. All flash no substance and all about controversial opinion.

I don't like Bayless, but he was polarizing and garnered a lot of attention. First Take had very high ratings.

I've never really liked Carter much, he just seemed unrefined and too opinionated. Lewis is a surprise because he brought a lot of energy and a different perspective.

I think Fox is making a big move and it's hurting ESPN. Fox is an up and comer because they have the UFC, which is the fastest growing sport in the world.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawks46":3er0bshj said:
I think Fox is making a big move and it's hurting ESPN. Fox is an up and comer because they have the UFC, which is the fastest growing sport in the world.

Meh. Grabbing Cowherd and Bayless isn't going to do a whole lot. In fact it probably helps ESPN in the end.

FS1's attempt at their own SportsCenter has failed miserably. The guys they hired from Canada are downright awful.

Also the UFC on FOX barely moves the needle. The great fights are always saved for PPV. FOX needs a lot more talent from their highlight shows to really make a dent with ESPN's strangehold on the sports broadcasting world. And really even with that, I think a lot of people really just watch ESPN now for two things: SportsCenter and whatever game they are airing.. whether its NFL, CFB, NBA, etc.

I think with more and more people cutting the cord on cable/satellite altogether, not to mention how quickly highlights are made available on Facebook, Twitter, etc .. the reasons people used to make ESPN must see TV every night with SportsCenter are fading fast. FOX isn't about to change that with free UFC shows and 4th rate broadcasters.

kobebryant

Reaction score
With Bayless, Cowherd and Whitlock; and the forthcoming Cowherd/Whitlock show of hot takes, it is clear what FS1 is trying to do.

Randy Moss, along with Katie Nolan, was one of their premier talents. I really like Jay and Dan too, but there is little need anymore for nightly highly shows, and ratings reflect that, no one is waiting for SportsCenter anymore with the immediate availability of highlights on a multitude of platforms.