Gronk on Madden 17 cover

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Obviously I hate the patriots, but its impossible not to like Gronk, seems like a fun dude, beast on the field. Ok with that pick.

13188168_459104740963369_1616831903_n.jpg

kobebryant

Reaction score
Gronk is awesome and that is a sweet cover.

But, I haven't found a reason to buy the game for a couple years now, just doesn't really improve /change year to year.

pehawk

Reaction score
Does the fact Gronk gets hurt annually cancel out the curse? Does Gronk now curse the game? Will the game now be cursed with frat guy, binge drinking?

2_0_6

Reaction score
I was hoping it would be a pic of big baby Cam throwing a tantrum on the sidelines at the super bowl..

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
this past year's version was probably the best ever.

The draft champions mode was the first time ive ever been compelled to play online. Visually it's awesome and the franchise mode is really fun.

I think most people dont quite get what goes into making a game. To change it significantly from year to year is a tough task as everything needs to be tested and re-tested and fixed; not to mention the risk of changing something that annoys fans, and the fact that they have done a very good job in recent years of keeping the rosters updated. Any tiny fragment of code that changes has to be thoroughly tested for bugs, not to mention the graphical and engine optimization improvements between releases.

EA sucks and is a greedy corporation, that is true, but its a little unreasonable to expect big changes in a matter of months.

LegendKiller

Reaction score
I probably won't buy it. Last year's version was probably the worst...the pass and catch dynamics were horrendous. Now I have to see Gronkowski on the cover and the intro and loading screens will be all Patriots? No Thanks.

2_0_6

Reaction score
LegendKiller":lrda4gs8 said:
I probably won't buy it. Last year's version was probably the worst...the pass and catch dynamics were horrendous. Now I have to see Gronkowski on the cover and the intro and loading screens will be all Patriots? No Thanks.

Really? I completely disagree, last years was the best so far in my opinion. I could care less who's on the cover or intro screen.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":223ltpyt said:
I could care less who's on the cover or intro screen.

I agree with the exception being that the year Sherman was on the cover, the LOB intro screen was amazing.

If anybody plays on PS4 gimme an add, Kylexitron5000. be fun to do draft champions H2H, although my new wireless is kinda crappy. I play legit games, none of this going for every 4th down or throwing a hail mary every play.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Patriots are boned. Brady out for 4. Gronk about to get Madden jinxed. It's all setting up in our favor.

Giphy

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3vonenra said:
Hawk_Nation":3vonenra said:
I could care less who's on the cover or intro screen.

I agree with the exception being that the year Sherman was on the cover, the LOB intro screen was amazing.

It was amazing until the entire LOB got Madden jinxed.

Get that voodoo away from Seattle forever please

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hard to like anyone on the pats...even harder to like gronk...i have lost count about the number of times ive won the sb with the seahawks.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I don't get the Gronk hate at all.

Sounds like jealousy to me.

So the dude parties? Like that's the only thing he does and is otherwise just a vapid meat head.

Yaknow, kinda how the rest of the country thinks Sherman is just a terrible person and will never know what else he does with his time.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3v00w24a said:

The draft champions mode was the first time ive ever been compelled to play online. Visually it's awesome and the franchise mode is really fun.

I think most people dont quite get what goes into making a game. To change it significantly from year to year is a tough task as everything needs to be tested and re-tested and fixed; not to mention the risk of changing something that annoys fans, and the fact that they have done a very good job in recent years of keeping the rosters updated. Any tiny fragment of code that changes has to be thoroughly tested for bugs, not to mention the graphical and engine optimization improvements between releases.

EA sucks and is a greedy corporation, that is true, but its a little unreasonable to expect big changes in a matter of months.

They could just release a new game every other year or so, and charge $0.99 for roster updates in the interim. I know, crazy right?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2elucfmg said:

So the dude parties? Like that's the only thing he does and is otherwise just a vapid meat head.

Yaknow, kinda how the rest of the country thinks Sherman is just a terrible person and will never know what else he does with his time.

He comes across to me as an arrogant douchebag idiot jock fratboy man-child. What's to like?

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2wkgu9o2 said:
Hawknballs":2wkgu9o2 said:

They could just release a new game every other year or so, and charge $0.99 for roster updates in the interim. I know, crazy right?

they could if only that were the business model fans had come to expect for the past 27 years, or if the number of fans complaining about the yearly installment weren't a vocal minority compared to the overwhelming majority of madden players who look forward to the annual release, and are gonna drop their 60$ regardless.

Also, their agreement with the NFL probably requires a game every year and there is likely an NFLPA agreement keeping them from doing roster updates to older versions. Given EA's exclusive rights to the title, the NFL probably has a lot of influence over things that cause complaints leveled against EA.

In the mid/late 2000's they experimented with adding a lot of new things but the fact of the matter is after so long, there's a formula for the series that works and I'm happy to see they are slow to integrate new systems and sweeping changes. The game plays very well this year and I hope they don't mess with the formula too much. Improve the graphics engine incrementally, tighten up some things, but really the current version is so good I hope the tweaks are marginal.

I'm not sure what everyone expects them to do every year, add another lame QB vision cone?

nobody is forced to buy it every year. and yet everyone does.

Now, What I would really like to see is a subscription based persistent madden that you subscribe to for say like, 39.99 a year or even 49.99 a year, or a small monthly cost. This is the "shell' of madden that is continually updated with one big yearly update. Your franchises, careers, ultimate team, etc would all carry on persistently. I'm sure this is the way they will do things eventually.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Maulbert":3tt8z9i6 said:
Hawknballs":3tt8z9i6 said:

He comes across to me as an arrogant douchebag idiot jock fratboy man-child. What's to like?

based on what exactly? because he is a championship winning football player and there are videos of him dancing on the interweb?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Hawknballs":12fx18ki said:
Maulbert":12fx18ki said:
Hawknballs":12fx18ki said:

based on what exactly? because he is a championship winning football player and there are videos of him dancing on the interweb?

[youtube]UxvgJ7d34ac[/youtube]

:sarcasm_on: I don't know, why would I think that? :sarcasm_off:

Vetamur

Reaction score
Gronks on the cover? Implying you only get to play it for 12 games of each season?