Brandon Mebane thinks Chargers are better than Seattle

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
:duel: :229031_faint:

Brandon Mebane spent his first nine years in the NFL with the Seattle Seahawks, helping them win the franchise's first Super Bowl.

But after spending just a few months with the San Diego Chargers, the veteran defensive tackle is confident in saying that his new team is better than his former club.

"Offense, defense, there's so much talent on this team," Mebane told the San Diego Union-Tribune. "It's unreal. I was telling guys, there's more talent on this defense than in Seattle. If you look at the draft, you've got four first-round draft picks. You've got five second-round draft picks, all total on defense. In Seattle, we only had two first rounders and one second rounder. Everybody else was pretty much down in the draft or undrafted.

"If we put it together and just play together and work on our skill, I think the sky is the limit for this defense. It's amazing. Based on the skill and the talent level, it's there. All we have to do is believe in each other and play together. Man, it's unreal."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seat ... ter-051616

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Yup. Purely looking at "talent" it does look like the Chargers would be better on paper if you were handing out draft grades.

Shows just how great Seattle's coaching is and how they are fantastic at taking less "talented" players and using their strengths in the system.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Just trying to inspire and motivate his new team. Good for him.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Alternate reading: you guys are really talented, why do you suck so much?

drdiags

Reaction score
Most athletes are going to extol the virtues of their new team-mates. The man has played for awhile in the league so I imagine he can tell talent. The issue is execution. May be a subtle message he is sending to his new defensive mates, as well as putting the pressure on them to deliver and make his words true.

He is showing confidence in them, now they just have to prove it on the field. I am sure one would build up his new love vs pining over how hot his old flame was. Irvin was sort of the same. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Brandon is an idiot. The Seahawks have and will always have the most talented team.

Brandon Me-dontknowwhatimtalkingabout.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Sounds similar to rumblings a former safety of ours who went to the Eagles had to say. Haven't heard from him since.

Not mad at Mebane, like the poster above said he's trying to inspire. Good luck.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kinda of wondering what people think he should say, "You guys suck Seattle would kick your ass".

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Bane will always be one of my most favorite Seahawks player ever. He was my must have prospect back in 2007.

But Seahawks have Jarran Reed now, a consensus first rounder that the Seahawks took in 2nd round.

Many pegged Reed as first rounder on his elite run-stuffing ability alone but market rates for 3-down DTs caused the run-stuffing talents to drop.

But after reading what Saban and Bama bloggers had to say about Reed, he never got a chance to be a 3down player within a deep talented rotation.

Reed has so much potential and hes already elite college wise at pushing and standing up the pocket and disrupt passing lanes. Mush pass rush is what others have called it, keeping QBs from comfortably stepping up into the pocket, and that has immediate value as he develops more pass rush skills.

Besides Reed already can be an elite 3down player considering many teams dink and dunk against the Seahawks nowadays which equates to more 3rd and Short plays. Reed will be valuable in those situations.

As much as I loved Mebane, im excited for the Reed era and think he has much more potential than people think to be a dominate player in the NFL. Dare I say better than Mebane some day.

AgentDib

Reaction score
He's trying to build confidence with his new coworkers instead of talking about how great his ex-employer is. Clearly a jerk move that nobody here would consider in the same situation.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I follow the Chargers too enough to say they have failed dispight bringing in immense talent. The biggest difference is probably ownership. I doubt Paul Allen would ever can a head coach after a record setting season so that he can replace him with Nerf Turner. I can see believing their offense is better. They revamped their OL a season ahead of us... But their D hasn't been dominant since Merriman was flagged for food use and Cromartie fled the California dead beet dad statutes.

Largent80

Reaction score
They beat us in the heat 2 years ago and then tanked and never have recovered and they are better?

Sorry Brandon but we drafted your replacement and he will be here for years to come. There are bomb ass fish tacos in SD however.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Largent80":tatsfsqx said:
They beat us in the heat 2 years ago and then tanked and never have recovered and they are better?

Sorry Brandon but we drafted your replacement and he will be here for years to come. There are bomb ass fish tacos in SD however.
Bomb ass Mexican food too my friend.

253hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":26p6vspr said:
Kinda of wondering what people think he should say, "You guys suck Seattle would kick your ass".

Only if the field temp isn't 118 degrees and our defense isn't on it for 42 minutes with a 1:2 play ratio. While wearing the dark unis.

How they also fumbled 4 times and didn't turn it over once is beyond me. That was one fluky game.