Jalen Ramsey out 4 - 6 weeks. OR 4 to 6 months.

ivotuk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dangrazianoespn/status/733385815729016832[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/733379098609889280[/tweet]

dadof3

Reaction score
That team needs to stop having off season workouts

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
How is a small meniscus tear a 6 month injury? That makes absolutely no sense unless something else is involved.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I would assume 4-6 weeks means it will heal with rest and 4-6 months means it needs surgery.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
I didn't know he previously had microfracture surgery albeit a while ago. That could be bad

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Ouch.

That's a likely day 1 instant impact player going down.

Even if it's only 4-6 weeks it is likely to have an impact on his rookie season.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Mike D in 332":1rzbmxem said:
I would assume 4-6 weeks means it will heal with rest and 4-6 months means it needs surgery.

A meniscus tear doesn't heal with time. If it is a slight tear, surgery is needed to smooth the tear down so it doesn't tear further. If it is a longer tear, more of the meniscus will need to be removed which can lead to bone knocking on bone and micro fracture surgery.

naholmes

Reaction score
The way I understand the difference is that they can either remove the piece of torn cartilage (shave it) or they can try to repair it (with sutures). Repair should have a better long term outcome but he would probably start on the PUP list and miss half his rookie season. The Jaguars just having some crap luck with their high draft picks. I too am surprised to hear that Ramsey already had micro-fracture surgery and it didn't affect his draft stock while Myles Jack fell to the 2nd round because he *might* need micro-fracture surgery in the future. It makes no sense.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Fortunately for the Jags they are getting two other "first round" picks this year: Fowler (back from injury) and Jack (come on we all know Jack was a top five prospect).

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I just had some meniscus taken out as opposed to sutured up
Most doctors don't go that route much anymore but I don't know about sports medicine
Mine was a bucket tear which mean it was a tear halfway across my knee causing the meniscus to shift like a bucket handle as in up and down causing my knee to pop out of place and oh fricken my was that painful
Six weeks will heal it but he won't feel strong with it for 4-6 months period
He'll be able to run after 8 weeks or so but it will be sore for quite a while causing him some extra down time for pain management
They gave me oxycodone for almost 2 months
At least that's my experience which the doc said was average