Who is your "pet" AFC team this year? Mine's the Raiders....

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I know a bunch of us old-timers still harbor the hate from the old AFC days... (I was WAY more a Bronco-hater than a Raider-hater back in the day, just so ya know...)... But, I'm adopting the Raiders as my AFC team this year, replacing the Ravens. It's been long enough, and I frickin' LOVE their QB... To me, if I couldn't have Russ, my first choice as a replacement would be Derek Carr. He's tough, awesome, and would look good in Seahawk Blue.
I can't think of anything better than facing and DEFEATING the Raiders in the SB... (ok, Pats... yeah) Well, now that we've dispatched the Broncos... THAT dream came true! So then that would check them off our list... (licking thumb)... Ok, Broncos, Mmmmkay, done. Raiders.... Ok... Chiefs next. Let's do this thang... C'mon Chiefs, get good in our window so we can complete the tri-fecta of our old division! :p Wouldn't that be fun to haunt their message boards to say how grateful we were for the move to the NFC? lol...

But back to the point... Are you adopting an AFC Team this year? If so, which one?

chris98251

Reaction score
Have always been a Raiders fan, was one before our Seahawks came into being, also it makes not liking the 49ers more enjoyable :)

RedAlice

Reaction score
Not reading a block of text with no normal paragraph breaks, so no clue what Blue said.

My favorite PET AFC team is the Chargers. I am pulling hard for them to stay in San Diego, and so I am actually now paying way more attention to the team than I ever have before. Well, I do live here and all.

Plan to enjoy their season.

Other than that, Raiders are on their way. They will own the AFC sooner than we think.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Always been the Browns. I'm a glutton for punishment, but I like some of the moves they have made. If anything, it appears they have direction. Even if it's the wrong way, at least it's direction.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Definitely rooting for the Raiders and the Jags, but one of those teams is going to be the team that is supposed to put it together this year and instead falls on its face.

My sense is that this year is the magic year for the Raiders in which something either happens or it doesn't, whereas the Jags are still probably a year off from that.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RedAlice":211byr8k said:
Not reading a block of text with no normal paragraph breaks, so no clue what Blue said.

Stopped reading after the rude and unnecessary comment.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2phn55xk said:
Definitely rooting for the Raiders and the Jags, but one of those teams is going to be the team that is supposed to put it together this year and instead falls on its face.

My sense is that this year is the magic year for the Raiders in which something either happens or it doesn't, whereas the Jags are still probably a year off from that.

Don't often agree with popeye and surprised a 9er fan would root for the Raiders but I too like the Raiders and Jags.

One of my best friends to this day and all the way back to middle school was a Raider fan before we had Seahawks. Sure I took some insufferable moral beatings but I've gotten my revenge ten fold watching them the last 15 years or so. Now I'm actually rooting for them so my friend will quit being so football miserable.

The Jags is easy. Gus Bradly and an organization that has been bad for so long. Would love to see Gus get that program back to being competitive.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1kmjgbfs said:
RedAlice":1kmjgbfs said:

Stopped reading after the rude and unnecessary comment.

Actually, it wasn't a rude or unnecessary comment and it wasn't a personal attack on the poster.

It's simply impossible to read solid blocks of text. So, it was a helpful comment.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Always has been the Chargers and Raiders and Chiefs for me clear back to the old AFL days and long before there was a Seahawks. Chargers are my number two team.

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1vcre4h4 said:
Always has been the Chargers and Raiders and Chiefs for me clear back to the old AFL days and long before there was a Seahawks. Chargers are my number two team.

The Los Angeles Chargers are going to be more entertaining than normal this season, or so I think anyway.

Keenan's back, Bosa will be fun and they seem more fired up than usual.

kearly

Reaction score
I root against them every week, but I have to admit the Steelers and Patriots are very fun to watch.

In terms of sentimental value, probably the Bills or Jets since their fanbases have suffered for so long. People cite the Browns for being a factory of sadness, but somehow it kind of feels like they deserve it. The Browns have been incompetent for decades, whereas the Jets and Bills feel like they keep drawing the short straw.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2xkzy2ks said:
Have always been a Raiders fan, was one before our Seahawks came into being, also it makes not liking the 49ers more enjoyable :)
I was a Raiders fan too before the Hawks 1st season.I moved here (Indy)in the early 80's before the Colts 1st season and it was almost like watching the Hawks early years all over.It got to the point where people said I like teams who played in domes and wore blue.I am ready to go back to the Raiders for my AFC team due to The Colts GM and owner not understanding off line and defense are important.I am also not on Lucks bandwagon.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":1us1ywtq said:
I root against them every week, but I have to admit the Steelers and Patriots are very fun to watch.

In terms of sentimental value, probably the Bills or Jets since their fanbases have suffered for so long. People cite the Browns for being a factory of sadness, but somehow it kind of feels like they deserve it. The Browns have been incompetent for decades, whereas the Jets and Bills feel like they keep drawing the short straw.

There is something entirely sentimental about being at the bottom.

In my head I feel some heart allegiance to the teams who were always the bottom three or four on all NFL rankings - Rams, Browns, Lions, Raiders. For years, were the bottom of all rankings.

Jets and Bills kinda.

But bottom dwellers constant, that's a thing. I have respect for their fans.

In 2011 (A 2 win year for the Rams) I was watching our game v Browns w a hard core Browns fan. Rams deserved to lose that game, even though they won. It came down to a kick I think as I recall. At the end of the game, we fought over who should buy who a drink, as all we could say is: our teams suck.

we settled on a bunch of shots. And the cheers was: we love our losing teams.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RedAlice":30wlsj6w said:
hawksfansinceday1":30wlsj6w said:

The Los Angeles Chargers are going to be more entertaining than normal this season, or so I think anyway.

Keenan's back, Bosa will be fun and they seem more fired up than usual.
Having lived in San Diego for 13 years and having them be my favorite team in the 60s to the mid-70s and then #2 after the Seahawks came into existence, I simply despise the words "Los Angeles" in front of "Chargers". Truly hope that somehow the city/county come to terms with the Spanos family and get a stadium done so they stay in Diego.